Annoying things people on a diet do.

Options

Replies

• ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Complain that someone else "can eat whatever they want because it's easy for them," conveniently forgetting that that person used to be overweight.

Ask what friend did to lose weight. When told friend counted calories, complain that that's too restrictive. Continue with Atkins/South Beach/HCG/etc.
  • _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    Options
    Get upset when I explain how I lost weight just by reducing my calories and exercising more. Then say they're special or for women it's harder yada yada yada...
  • _SABOTEUR_
    Options
    Complain that someone else "can eat whatever they want because it's easy for them," conveniently forgetting that that person used to be overweight.

Ask what friend did to lose weight. When told friend counted calories, complain that that's too restrictive. Continue with Atkins/South Beach/HCG/etc.

Twinsies (almost)
  • BeccaBollons
    BeccaBollons Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    Cut out entire foof groups for no good (ie medical) reason.

Pizza is a food group right?

Edit. I meant FOOD not foof!
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    try to convince you had delicious their boiled unseasoned chicken + plain brown rice + steamed brocolli tastes

try to convince you that boiled and mashed cauliflower really tastes like mashed potatoes and how greek yogurt tastes like mayo.

i want to be like "b*tch please" and send in seal team 6 to rescue their kidnapped taste buds.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    (thinking of a former coworker)

Post photos all around their desk/cubicle of Victoria's Secret models and say things like "I'm going to look like this by my high school reunion in August" (on Jan 1st of course) while they eat a salad from Applebees with 900 cal.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options

What others choose to eat annoys you?

For me? It's when someone insists over and over that their way is the only way, and that my way can't be sustainable. And that they aren't on a diet while they measure and count and weigh every morsel.

What you eat is your diet. :flowerforyou:
  • jenns1964
    jenns1964 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Use the word Diet!!
  • sklarbodds
    sklarbodds Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Drives me nuts. Yes it's easier for some, but it was pretty damn hard to lose my 45 lbs :)

Get upset when I explain how I lost weight just by reducing my calories and exercising more.
    I'm a total smartass about it actually...I lean over real close to them like it's some HUGE secret that nobody else can know an whisper in their ear, "I eat less calories and exercise more...Shh, don't tell anyone".
  • lilbearzmom
    lilbearzmom Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Constantly break their diet and say "I shouldn't really be eating this..." Then complain when the diet fails.

Do you know my mother-in-law? This is her to a "T"!
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    Ask what they can do to lose weight more easily. Hear the suggestion of counting calories. Say "but that won't work, I hardly eat anything anyway".
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    Assume they have become the authority on all things fitness and explain why you should not be eating certain things.
  • BeccaBollons
    BeccaBollons Posts: 652 Member
    Options

Not in general. But people 'on diets' do tbh

The pizza comment was tongue in cheek.
  • _SABOTEUR_
    Options

For me? It's when someone insists over and over that their way is the only way, and that my way can't be sustainable. And that they aren't on a diet while they measure and count and weigh every morsel.

You see that sign at the top of the page?

It says: Chit chat, FUN and Games.

:flowerforyou:
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    Constantly break their diet and say "I shouldn't really be eating this..." Then complain when the diet fails.

I work with someone like this.. Drives me NUTS
  • Santasmincepie
    Options
    I used to work in an office where there were females only. Every. single. One of them bar me were on a diet of some sort.

Not only did they talk about it, all the time, every day, they would weigh themselves in the office every single Monday morning and the first hour would be diet talk. After about a month of this they would then start to moan that none of them are loosing any weight at all and started to try to get me to join in. Once I pointed out that the 2 bottles of cola they each went through and using the car to drive to the local shop 2 streets away, every day, was maybe a huge factor in them not loosing weight they turned nasty and would comment on anything that I had to eat, drink or think of having.

Now, I'm normally a laid back person but once you start to annoy me and start to comment on my food, I will start to do very petty things to piss you off. :devil: So, every day, until I left 5 months later, I would go to work early and be the first in the office....with a bacon sandwich. You could still smell it 3 hours later. I would then leave chocolate bars and opened packets of crips/chips on my desk...then the best bit, I'd bring in the most chocolatey, mouth watering cake topped with cream I could find and then watch them all say "Oooh, I shouldn't" as they have enough for 3 servings each.

I left them on the Monday just so I could hear what their weigh in would be. They'd each put on around 7-10lbs each. It was beautiful.

Before anyone else says it, yes, I'm evil but I'm so good at it. I've got my seat reserved in hell already. :laugh:
  • AZ_Gato
    AZ_Gato Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options
    We are all on a diet of some form.

Definition of DIET
    a : food and drink regularly provided or consumed
    b : habitual nourishment
    c : the kind and amount of food prescribed for a person or animal for a special reason
    d : a regimen of eating and drinking sparingly so as to reduce one's weight <going on a diet>

Quit complaining.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    (thinking of a former coworker)

Post photos all around their desk/cubicle of Victoria's Secret models and say things like "I'm going to look like this by my high school reunion in August" (on Jan 1st of course) while they eat a salad from Applebees with 900 cal.

So true......if it has the world SALAD in it ..........then it must be low calorie. :wink:
  • Iceberg_Simpson
    Iceberg_Simpson Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    We are all on a diet of some form.

Definition of DIET
    a : food and drink regularly provided or consumed
    b : habitual nourishment
    c : the kind and amount of food prescribed for a person or animal for a special reason
    d : a regimen of eating and drinking sparingly so as to reduce one's weight <going on a diet>

Quit complaining.

I heart you, Gato.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options

You see that sign at the top of the page?

It says: Chit chat, FUN and Games.

:flowerforyou:
    And?