Replies

• TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    Post on MFP.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Cut out entire foof groups for no good (ie medical) reason.

Pizza is a food group right?

Edit. I meant FOOD not foof!
    What others choose to eat annoys you?

For me? It's when someone insists over and over that their way is the only way, and that my way can't be sustainable. And that they aren't on a diet while they measure and count and weigh every morsel.

What you eat is your diet. :flowerforyou:

The people who deprive themselves tend to be the ones who talk the loudest about their diets and how much they want to eat those forbidden things.
    Yep. As are the new ones. The new "this time" ones.
  • TheGymGypsy
    TheGymGypsy Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    People complaining they eating so healthy, not even having snacks, but still not losing any weight!!

I ask how many calories do you eat daily....they stare blankly at me.

So true! Where I work there is a confused low-carber who loves to talk about low-carb, but when I asked her how many calories she ate a day she told me that with low-carb it didn't matter how much you ate because you didn't have the carbs making you fat.

ugh I have a family friend who is exactly like this. I have to literally restrain the urge to slap her.
  • str8bowbabe
    str8bowbabe Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    When you are eating out and they take forever to order because as they read every item on the menu, they say, I cant have that...Im dieting. UGH!!!
  • whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,654 Member
    Options
    Trying to make everyone in the family eat their diet because they've had a revelation that it's "good for them." Yes, Dad of the no sugar allowed in anything ever and those god-awful gritty pastey peanut butter and protein powder shakes I had to choke down in my childhood because of your personal health kick... this means you. :sick: :explode:
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    Talk about it. A lot. To everyone. The cashier at Walmart does not care. Neither do I, and I want to hurry up and buy my M&Ms and get home.
  • JG762
    JG762 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    I used to work in an office where there were females only. Every. single. One of them bar me were on a diet of some sort.

Not only did they talk about it, all the time, every day, they would weigh themselves in the office every single Monday morning and the first hour would be diet talk. After about a month of this they would then start to moan that none of them are loosing any weight at all and started to try to get me to join in. Once I pointed out that the 2 bottles of cola they each went through and using the car to drive to the local shop 2 streets away, every day, was maybe a huge factor in them not loosing weight they turned nasty and would comment on anything that I had to eat, drink or think of having.

Now, I'm normally a laid back person but once you start to annoy me and start to comment on my food, I will start to do very petty things to piss you off. :devil: So, every day, until I left 5 months later, I would go to work early and be the first in the office....with a bacon sandwich. You could still smell it 3 hours later. I would then leave chocolate bars and opened packets of crips/chips on my desk...then the best bit, I'd bring in the most chocolatey, mouth watering cake topped with cream I could find and then watch them all say "Oooh, I shouldn't" as they have enough for 3 servings each.

I left them on the Monday just so I could hear what their weigh in would be. They'd each put on around 7-10lbs each. It was beautiful.

Before anyone else says it, yes, I'm evil but I'm so good at it. I've got my seat reserved in hell already. :laugh:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHA!!!!
    I think I like you, you have an evil streak! LoL
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I used to work in an office where there were females only. Every. single. One of them bar me were on a diet of some sort.

Not only did they talk about it, all the time, every day, they would weigh themselves in the office every single Monday morning and the first hour would be diet talk. After about a month of this they would then start to moan that none of them are loosing any weight at all and started to try to get me to join in. Once I pointed out that the 2 bottles of cola they each went through and using the car to drive to the local shop 2 streets away, every day, was maybe a huge factor in them not loosing weight they turned nasty and would comment on anything that I had to eat, drink or think of having.

Now, I'm normally a laid back person but once you start to annoy me and start to comment on my food, I will start to do very petty things to piss you off. :devil: So, every day, until I left 5 months later, I would go to work early and be the first in the office....with a bacon sandwich. You could still smell it 3 hours later. I would then leave chocolate bars and opened packets of crips/chips on my desk...then the best bit, I'd bring in the most chocolatey, mouth watering cake topped with cream I could find and then watch them all say "Oooh, I shouldn't" as they have enough for 3 servings each.

I left them on the Monday just so I could hear what their weigh in would be. They'd each put on around 7-10lbs each. It was beautiful.

Before anyone else says it, yes, I'm evil but I'm so good at it. I've got my seat reserved in hell already. :laugh:

So what you're saying is, when people get on MFP and complain that they're being sabotaged by their coworkers, and then we all come in and say "No no that's ridiculous, no one is sabotaging you" they've been right and we've been wrong all along? :devil:
  • DWolf99
    DWolf99 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    They say they are on diet, but in secret they are eating junk food :P and later nag me for eating junk food and to put the last nail to the coffin, she says "it's for your own good" Ha!
  • GradatimFerociter
    GradatimFerociter Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Talk about it. A lot. To everyone. The cashier at Walmart does not care. Neither do I, and I want to hurry up and buy my M&Ms and get home.

More relevantly, Jiraiya was obviously the best character.
  • Still1Workoutatatime
    Options
    Constantly break their diet and say "I shouldn't really be eating this..." Then complain when the diet fails.

THIS!
  • HeidiGrrrl
    HeidiGrrrl Posts: 81 Member
    Options

Foof (Foofie) is my cat's name, and she probably does think pizza is a Foof group! :laugh:
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    My friends don't annoy me. I support them, instead of bashing them on the internet. :angry: :angry: :brokenheart:
  • ronrstaats
    ronrstaats Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Make generalizations about other people eating plans or Diets or what ever it is they are doing to try to lose weight and be healthier..
  • Jestinia
    Jestinia Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    people that eat special k bars throughout the day because "It's a diet food"

You want to be really annoyed? There is a woman in Great Britain who has eaten nothing but Special K morning, noon, and night, for 7 years!

People who annoy me are the ones who really can eat whatever they want in moderation. I'm glad my son turns out to be one of them, though. He won the genetic lottery or something. When I was attempting that whole 'eat what I want in moderation' diet last time, I'd buy a tub of his favorite ice cream and a tub of my favorite. His would stay in the fridge two weeks, mine was lucky to last two days. And there is some candy on his desk that has been there so long it's probably past expiration and needs to be thrown out. Junk food just doesn't seem to call to him like it does me. Lucky kid!
  • thinin2014now
    Options
    My friends don't annoy me. I support them, instead of bashing them on the internet. :angry: :angry: :brokenheart:

I like you :smile: . I also don't feel like I'm on a diet. I've been eating what I want for the most part (it was hard for me to say no to ice cream, but I did say no lol) and just counting the calories. My friends are very supportive of me and some have offered to take me to the gym. I'm way too fat to go to a gym and honestly I wouldn't even know what to do when I got there.

If you have a friend that's annoying you, the mature thing to do is to address the issue. Don't attack the person, but use plenty of I's describing how you feel. "I feel ___ when you ___". This sounds alot better than "You piss me off when you ___". Open up the line of communication and politely and clearly state what annoys you. You're not suppose to be at war with your friends! That's not what friends are for. On that note, happy new year :drinker: .
  • GradatimFerociter
    GradatimFerociter Posts: 296 Member
    Options

Foof (Foofie) is my cat's name, and she probably does think pizza is a Foof group! :laugh:

In an unfortunate coincidence, some places in the UK use foof colloquially to refer to something I will let people google should they wish to.
  • Santasmincepie
    Options

So what you're saying is, when people get on MFP and complain that they're being sabotaged by their coworkers, and then we all come in and say "No no that's ridiculous, no one is sabotaging you" they've been right and we've been wrong all along? :devil:

How can it be sabotage? I didn't force food down them, I just....er.....tested their will power by leaving temptation in my wake. :bigsmile:
  • kckBxer396
    kckBxer396 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    just chug the **** and get it over with

:laugh: yes
  • Santasmincepie
    Options

How can it be sabotage? I didn't force food down them, I just....er.....tested their will power by leaving temptation in my wake. :bigsmile:

Brilliant and evil!

Goes to the problem of weight loss.

An oldie but a goodie....You can't cheat an honest man!

Thank you. :blushing: