Replies

• AZ_Gato
    AZ_Gato Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options
    We are all on a diet of some form.

Definition of DIET
    a : food and drink regularly provided or consumed
    b : habitual nourishment
    c : the kind and amount of food prescribed for a person or animal for a special reason
    d : a regimen of eating and drinking sparingly so as to reduce one's weight <going on a diet>

Quit complaining.

I heart you, Gato.

You just want to get into my pants.

I'd let you. You can even be on my diet and then afterward, I wouldn't even regret that I ate you.
  • sklarbodds
    sklarbodds Posts: 608 Member
    Options

Definition of DIET
    c : the kind and amount of food prescribed for a person or animal for a special reason
    d : a regimen of eating and drinking sparingly so as to reduce one's weight <going on a diet>

Quit complaining.
    True. The last one is the one that doesn't 'usually' work. If you want real change, you change the first 2 or 3 :)
  • AZ_Gato
    AZ_Gato Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options

Definition of DIET

Quit complaining.
    True. The last one is the one that doesn't 'usually' work. If you want real change, you change the first 2 or 3 :)

Hey man, you've been tying that tie knot for a while. You need some help with that?
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Cut out entire foof groups for no good (ie medical) reason.

Pizza is a food group right?

Edit. I meant FOOD not foof!
    What others choose to eat annoys you?

Not in general. But people 'on diets' do tbh

The pizza comment was tongue in cheek.
    I knew the pizza comment was tongue in cheek. Pizza is so good.
    (not a vegetable, but damned good)
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options

Definition of DIET

Quit complaining.
    Ha. Well put.
  • AlessisMore
    AlessisMore Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    People who come to dinner parties and expect the hosts to cater to whatever their diet du jour is. "I can't (won't) eat meat/grains/sugar/fish/anything cooked beyond 114 degrees..."

Eat it. Don't eat it. But don't expect the world to revolve around YOUR food plan.
  • ethompso0105
    ethompso0105 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    (thinking of a former coworker)

Post photos all around their desk/cubicle of Victoria's Secret models and say things like "I'm going to look like this by my high school reunion in August" (on Jan 1st of course) while they eat a salad from Applebees with 900 cal.

So true......if it has the world SALAD in it ..........then it must be low calorie. :wink:

My poor (well meaning) mom still believes that if it's a salad, it must be okay. Lucky her...she stays slim pretty much all the time. She doesn't understand why sometimes I order a soup or sandwich instead of salad "claiming" that it's lower in calories...well, Mom, that's because it is! :)
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    (thinking of a former coworker)

Post photos all around their desk/cubicle of Victoria's Secret models and say things like "I'm going to look like this by my high school reunion in August" (on Jan 1st of course) while they eat a salad from Applebees with 900 cal.

So true......if it has the world SALAD in it ..........then it must be low calorie. :wink:

My poor (well meaning) mom still believes that if it's a salad, it must be okay. Lucky her...she stays slim pretty much all the time. She doesn't understand why sometimes I order a soup or sandwich instead of salad "claiming" that it's lower in calories...well, Mom, that's because it is! :)
    I'll be curious to see if the new calorie counts on menus thing changes some people's eating. I just had a salad for lunch today, but I checked MFP to be sure it was a good choice.
  • Sweetestthing87
    Sweetestthing87 Posts: 276 Member
    Options

Definition of DIET

Quit complaining.

Kudos for this ^
  • BeccaBollons
    BeccaBollons Posts: 652 Member
    Options

I knew you knew. But I wanted to make sure no one was getting offended. Except someone did, but not you and me, eh?
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options

I knew you knew. But I wanted to make sure no one was getting offended. Except someone did, but not you and me, eh?
    Indeed.
  • djxil
    djxil Posts: 357
    Options
    Preach or worse, become judgmental or holier-than-though.
  • kyleekay10
    kyleekay10 Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    When I tell people I lift weights, and they exclaim "OMG you're going to get bulky and gross!" and then they proceed to do insane amounts of cardio, reach their weight goal, and wonder why they aren't happy with their body composition.
  • sklarbodds
    Options

Definition of DIET

Quit complaining.

Hey man, you've been tying that tie knot for a while. You need some help with that?
    Yeah man, seriously thanks. Been like 5 months, I can't believe nobody's offered until now.
  • Dino_bacon2112
    Dino_bacon2112 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Get upset when I explain how I lost weight just by reducing my calories and exercising more. Then say they're special or for women it's harder yada yada yada...

I used to get upset about that too, but now I just tell them that I burned calories by masturbating.
  • echofm1
    echofm1 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I'm still irked by when my sister, who is also trying to lose weight, said that her family had a lifestyle change while I was on a diet.

Her "lifestyle change" is drinking a 150 cal protein shake for breakfast and lunch.
    My "diet" is counting calories, with no other food restrictions applied.
    Whatever. I'm just going to be over here eating my eggs and bacon.
  • Sweetestthing87
    Sweetestthing87 Posts: 276 Member
    Options

"Pizza is a vegetable" - Congress (Lobbyists)

Kidding... :glasses:
  • msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    Options
    Tell me about it whilst I am drinking a fine whiskey on the rocks during Christmas party season.

People have no sense of decorum these days.
  • sklarbodds
    Options
    When I tell people I lift weights, and they exclaim "OMG you're going to get bulky and gross!"
    I just laugh usually. I explain to them that nobody got bulky lifting a couple hours a week. Those 'bulky women' you see in competitions worked their ______ off in both training and eating and they shouldn't minimize their accomplishments :)