Looking for a detox/cleanse?

Options

Replies

• Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,261 Member
    Options
    fitmama282 wrote: »
    You could try the natural apple detox. Google it. I think you just eat apples & drink water all day for a day, & eat a light dinner.
    I bought & tried the iaso detox tea. It has it's side affects, upset stomach, stomach hurting, feeling sick. So i am not going to continue it.

Have you even read this thread? I have a feeling the answer is 'no'...
    I don't know if I'm looking forward to the next couple of weeks for *kitten* and giggles, or if I'm scared for my sanity. Of course, the two may go hand in hand, but I've only been here since Sept so this could be interesting.

It's a bit of both actually! :wink: But as long as one person hears the truth it's all worth it! I'm not even going to ask what eating apples and drinking water has to do with a detox. It'll make you poop sure, but so will lots of foods that you get to eat more of throughout the day. Apples and water... :#

Years ago, when my wife and I bought our current house, it was right about when the cherries ripened. Had a very large popcorn bowl of them.

Oh I had a cleanse all right. Couldn't be far from the bathroom for 2 days.

Now we freeze them and I eat them year-round. Not as good as fresh off the tree, but also don't have the cleanse issue anymore.

the cherry cleanse i like it. am sure that will sell if you bottle it
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    lol now I am seeing things promoting a taco cleanse LMAO.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options

That might not be as put down on here, at least
  • BruinsGal_91
    BruinsGal_91 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Seriously, you can count me in for the taco cleanse.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    I just had a taco cleanse for lunch. And lunch yesterday, and dinner Sunday night.
  • ccsernica
    ccsernica Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    ccsernica wrote: »

Love this quote " Like much of what happens under the umbrella of so-called alternative medicine, a successful marketing slogan is more important than science or evidence."
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options

If you're not familiar with it, the Taco Cleanse is a taco cookbook that uses the cleanse as a tongue-in-cheek marketing gimmick. The cookbook actually looks really fun to me. I'm glad you brought it up because I keep forgetting to look for a copy!
  • Tacklewasher
    Options

If you're not familiar with it, the Taco Cleanse is a taco cookbook that uses the cleanse as a tongue-in-cheek marketing gimmick. The cookbook actually looks really fun to me. I'm glad you brought it up because I keep forgetting to look for a copy!

No meat in the recipes. What kind of taco doesn't have meat?
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Options

actually this was not that. it was a "diet" to eat tacos for every meal for a week. but it wasnt just meat in them, it was a variety of foods in tortillas. its on the country living site lol
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options

actually this was not that. it was a "diet" to eat tacos for every meal for a week. but it wasnt just meat in them, it was a variety of foods in tortillas. its on the country living site lol

Interesting. I hadn't come across that one before.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options

The Taco Bell cleanse.

Great as you're eating tacos, not so great afterwards... ;)

Oh dear.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Options

Interesting. I hadn't come across that one before.

yeah me neither
  • SueSueDio
    SueSueDio Posts: 4,796 Member
    Options
    Too much ACV on the forums this week - time for another bump? :)
  • ClaymoreGriffith
    ClaymoreGriffith Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    But but but my second buttcheek neighbor said that cleansing is good for the body... :'(

(So is glutamine, apparently... and yes I made research on the stuff. Not conclusive.)

I do regular cleanses. As in : I don't need to buy the stuff to have a regular cleanse. :s IBS FTW!
    And bumpy bumpy? Bumpy bumpy.
  • jelly_potato
    jelly_potato Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Would you consider the Moon diet as a form of cleanse? My mother got me on the moon diet bandwagon a while back, and although I find the whole "moon power" thing silly and misinformed, I have found it refreshing (after getting used to it) to have one liquid day a week. Though I have begun to wonder whether it actually has any cleansing benefits to the body.

Moon diet: Having only liquids one day a week on the date of the full moon, new moon, first quarter, and last quarter, in order to take advantage of the moon's power to get you to gain or lose weight more rapidly on those dates.
  • markrgeary1
    markrgeary1 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    Would you consider the Moon diet as a form of cleanse? My mother got me on the moon diet bandwagon a while back, and although I find the whole "moon power" thing silly and misinformed, I have found it refreshing (after getting used to it) to have one liquid day a week. Though I have begun to wonder whether it actually has any cleansing benefits to the body.

Moon diet: Having only liquids one day a week on the date of the full moon, new moon, first quarter, and last quarter, in order to take advantage of the moon's power to get you to gain or lose weight more rapidly on those dates.

Did Moonbeam come up with this?
  • BruinsGal_91
    BruinsGal_91 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options

This is going straight in "worst weight loss myths".

Yep. @Tacklewasher is going to love this one!
  • Tacklewasher
    Options

This is going straight in "worst weight loss myths".

Yep. @Tacklewasher is going to love this one!

OMFG