Lose 5 Pounds in January 2014

Options
This is a continuation of a group that has run for many months. It is open to anyone who wants to participate. Post your weekly weights, your successes and struggles, and give support to the person above you!

Here's what you do:

SW: (Starting weight)
CW: (Current weight)
GW: (Goal weight for the month)

Weigh in Dates:
1/1
1/8
1/15
1/22
1/28
End of Month (or whatever weigh in days you use)

Total weight lost:

PLEASE post an encouragement to another person on this thread when you weigh in.
Just for fun: What major exercise goal do you have for 2014 and how will it impact your weight?

Replies

• AmyMgetsfit
    AmyMgetsfit Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I lost 45lbs with this group from Feb through October. I am back again to lose the 5lbs I regained over the holidays plus another 5.
  • KatieGrz
    KatieGrz Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I'll weigh in tomorrow. Lord knows I've been struggling with motivation, but maybe having accountability to you guys will be good :)

My major fitness goal is to run 1,000 miles in 2014. Yikes!

AmyMgetsfit - your weight loss is amazing! And I am so happy to hear that this group helped with that!
  • clint70
    clint70 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    :smile: I am in... sounds like this will be a great way to motivate me to start on the long path ahead. I look forward to sharing with this group.
  • samiam6603
    Options
    I'm in. Adding the weigh in days to my calendar :)
  • GSAllumbaugh
    GSAllumbaugh Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I am excited to get back to it! I WILL lose 5 pounds in January!! Thanks in advance for all the support!!
  • jlc041979
    jlc041979 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I'm in but I will weigh in tomorrow.
  • mumblemagic
    mumblemagic Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    I'm in, will weigh in tomorrow.
  • BettyMaupin
    BettyMaupin Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I will need support, but hopefully I will get it here. This is the year I am going to take it off and keep it off!
  • medicablasto
    medicablasto Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    im totally in!!!!
  • holagatita
    holagatita Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
  • 04hoopsgal73
    04hoopsgal73 Posts: 925 Member
    Options
    i have seen this group and avoided joining as I feared failure. So I will put faith in my goal of consistency and join. Tomorrow I’ll weigh in and post.
  • squireb01
    Options
    Way to go ladies!!! I'm in! I need to get 8 lbs off from the holidays! Now that's some eatin!
  • ruthcyn
    ruthcyn Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I am in, will weigh in tomorrow morning!!
  • lissa123456789
    lissa123456789 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Here's hoping January is more successful than December...c'mon 5 pound loss!
  • abbysmom814
    abbysmom814 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I'll weigh in tomorrow for my official weigh in, but here's where I'm at for now.

SW: 199.5
    CW: 199.5
    GW: 194

Weigh in Dates:
    1/1:
    1/8:
    1/15:
    1/22:
    1/29:
    End of Month (or whatever weigh in days you use)

Total weight lost:
  • char316
    char316 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I am going to use my weight from two days ago, since I will not be home in the morning to weigh in.

SW: 186
    CW: 186
    GW: 181

Weigh in Dates:
    1/1:
    1/8:
    1/15:
    1/22:
    1/29:

Total Weight loss:

Thanks for the support I definitely need it.
  • blanphere
    blanphere Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    This is my first "challenge" that wasn't just me challenging myself (which hasn't really worked all that well). I'm IN!

SW: 153 (12/31)
    CW: 153
    GW: 148

Just for fun: What major exercise goal do you have for 2014 and how will it impact your weight?

I love to cycle - and started spinning for the winter months. My goal for December was 100 miles on the spin bike. I far exceeded my expectation - 170 miles "spun" to date! My goal for January is 200 miles - 25/wk.

I've struggled a little with my weight since starting to work out regularly in September. I have actually gained about 10 lbs, that I swore I would never allow back on! I get lots of great support at home and at work, but all from people that aren't struggling with the same things I am struggling with. I look forward to building some camaraderie here on MFP.

GO GO January Lose 5 Pounds!!!
  • techteachergirl
    techteachergirl Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I am in an excited! I will post tomorrow with weight stats and go from there! Good luck and Happy New Year to EVERYONE!! :smile:
  • AmyMgetsfit
    AmyMgetsfit Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    SW: 125
    CW: 125
    GW: 120 (I will be happy with 122)

Weigh in Dates:
    1/1...125
    1/8
    1/15
    1/22
    1/28

Total weight lost:

Just for fun: What major exercise goal do you have for 2014 and how will it impact your weight? I am just going to keep pushing myself with the weights, running and cycling. Just hoping to lose the last 10lbs and be able to maintain it for life with the help of healthy eating and daily exercise.
  • mamacindy81
    mamacindy81 Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Count me in. Will be back later with stats

Cindy