From 420.2 pounds to 219.6 pounds. (Picture.)

Options

Replies

• cloud2011
    cloud2011 Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your weight loss, and by the way, you have an extremely easy-to-read writing style. Best of luck to you in the future with anything you choose to do!
  • EDollah
    EDollah Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    2013 was a heckuva year for you. Serious congrats.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    You lost a lot of weight in such a short period of time ( 1 year, correct?) You should slow down and be careful.

He had a lot to lose, being over 400 pounds, him losing that much in a year isn't so drastic.

I agree. Also, it sounds like he is in the care of a physician which is good.

OP, GREAT work you are an awesome inspiration :-)

I am down to 204 from HW 307 although it's taken me over four years. It is great to be in a healthier place. Good luck to you in the future!
  • TipTopMMR
    TipTopMMR Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    WOWOWOWOW!!
    Congratulations and keep up the awesome work.
    I love how you have a goal for 2014-The Year of Fitness. You will be so happy as you continue to grow stronger and more confident. Congratulations to you; you should feel SO PROUD!
  • ann121212
    ann121212 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, well done. Thank you for writing this inspiring story and motivating those of us still on the long journey.
  • journey_man
    journey_man Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    My strategy was to find low calorie/high volume food that I wouldn’t mind eating everyday. I know this probably sounds like a silly idea to most people, but I appreciate consistency, and its worked out very well for me.
    That's how I got started and found this site!

About a month ago I began googling the nutritional facts for everything, in search of low calorie density food. MFP data was always near or at the top of the results. Eventually I began reading the forums and found out about the calculator.

Huge congrats to you.
  • nettasue35
    nettasue35 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    congrats!
  • FattyFatsoMcTubby
    FattyFatsoMcTubby Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! What an amazing year for you. So much of your story sounds as if it were written about me. Very inspiring.
  • Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Such a wonderful success story! Simplicity and consistency. Nothing fancy required!
  • dianeb613
    dianeb613 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I am so damn proud of you Jonathan. Posting with you day in and day out is so inspiring to me. As someone mentioned, your writing is amazing.

We go way back to message boards where I had no idea how much you weighed and I always enjoyed your posts and company.

But today you made me so proud to see that you made your goal and I so look forward to sharing the next year of FITNESS with you.

KUDOS Jonathan!!!
  • catfive1
    catfive1 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    WOW. Congratulations !!!
  • amaysngrace
    amaysngrace Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    Excellent, I'm really amazed at your discipline and hopefully you will embark on some simple fun exercises that you will love doing, when you go to the gym!
  • WeightWatcher67
    WeightWatcher67 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Congratulations!!
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    Most people have said it. Fantastic work you should be very proud. I know you will keep it off
  • karlschaeffer
    karlschaeffer Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Excellent job! Congratulations! Continued success in 2014.
  • CynthiaT60
    CynthiaT60 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on all your hard work and determination and thanks so much for posting your story! :flowerforyou:
  • 2720cynthia
    2720cynthia Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    You are seriously awesome. Congrats to you on your hard work!
  • marciebrian
    marciebrian Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your fantastic story! This is what I love best about MFP!

Congratulations to you and I wish the best for you with your joining a gym! Looking forward to reading your next update!

agree with every word! amazing and you gave yourself the greatest gift of all... a healthy life
  • djxil
    djxil Posts: 357
    Options
    Nice Job Man, you lost an entire person and you look happy and healthy, Jared's got nuthin' on you!
  • Rockstar_JILL
    Rockstar_JILL Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    What a GREAT story and a fabulous journey!! You are totally awesome!! Keep up the great work and keep inspiring everyone to do the same. Congrats!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!