From 420.2 pounds to 219.6 pounds. (Picture.)

Options

Replies

• FabulouslyMade
    Options
    Wow!!!!!!!!!
  • Lillyeatslilies
    Options
    Great job!
  • mister_universe
    mister_universe Posts: 6,664 Member
    Options
    What a wonderful post. Congratulations to you, and good luck this year. :)
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    Such an inspiration!!!
  • ndwildbill
    ndwildbill Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on a very successful year. You are an inspiration. My story is similar to yours, except I'm about 4 inches shorter, and considerably older (64). Saw a new doctor in August, and he scared me enough that I decided that if I wanted to live another 20 years, I better get serious about losing weight and getting healthier. I had lost about 7 pounds before mfp, so have lost over 70 pounds since mid-august. Trying to average 1500 calories a day seems to be working. Am just now starting to add some mild cardio. Reading your post and others in these forums helps me stay on track. Keep up the good work, and best of luck in your quest for fitness.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Abso-frigging-lutely FABULOUS!!!!

Are you friends with Ed Davenport on here? if you're not, you should be! He's lost quite a bit as well, and is a hard core weight lifter these days. And an all around awesome guy.

Best of luck with the rest of your journey to health and happiness! And congrats again!
  • Gingerspice45
    Gingerspice45 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Wow!! Great Job!
  • davert123
    davert123 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    That is brilliant mate, what a result. All the best for 2014
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Options
    You are an inspiration to everyone. You have done fantastic and look fantastic. Congrats! Here's to 2014! I have a good feeling you will love exercise a lot :)
  • Grumbers
    Grumbers Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Well done fella!
  • Tieshask8
    Tieshask8 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Happy New Year to you and congratulations on your successes.
    Good luck to you for 2014 and your year of fitness.
  • mamma_nee
    mamma_nee Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    Absolutely amazing !!!!!
  • piratebear1
    piratebear1 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Wow- what an inspiration :-)

Totally agree with some points you made - namely the people treating you different - I get that not only after losing some weight - but also on the rare occasions I wear make up - or 'Real people clothes' ( I have lots of animals so 95% Of the time Im in tracks). And also the point about not eating much in front of people - I would never eat in front of people - didn't want to appear the 'big fat girl', just wanted to blend unseen into the wall.

Well done to you :-)
  • amosmoses88
    amosmoses88 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss! You look great! I'm not shocked that you did it without surgery, but it is DEFINITELY amazing! Added you so hope to be friends so I can learn a few things here and there! This isn't my first round with MFP, it's my second, but I lost 31lbs in 3-4 months my first go. I'm more determined than ever to get back in the game!
  • PosterGuy1
    PosterGuy1 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I am so damn proud of you Jonathan. Posting with you day in and day out is so inspiring to me. As someone mentioned, your writing is amazing.

We go way back to message boards where I had no idea how much you weighed and I always enjoyed your posts and company.

But today you made me so proud to see that you made your goal and I so look forward to sharing the next year of FITNESS with you.

KUDOS Jonathan!!!

Thank you, and you have done a great job, too! You give me inspiration.
  • PosterGuy1
    Options
    In to congratulate you (again).

Very happy for you.

The progress you've shown has also been great! You're well on your way to your goal weight.
  • PosterGuy1
    Options
    Congratulations on turning things around and on your success. Good luck for 2014.

Did you find that your loss was relatively consistent or did it start off much faster and slow down a little towards the end of the year?

Thank you, and great question. These were the monthly results-

January- 25.2 pounds
    February- 20.4 pounds
    March- 22.0 pounds
    April- 15.8 pounds
    May- 18.2 pounds
    June- 20.2 pounds
    July- 14.8 pounds
    August- 16.4 pounds
    September- 11.8 pounds
    October- 12.0 pounds
    November- 12.2 pounds
    December- 11.6 pounds
  • PosterGuy1
    Options
    Thank you all for the nice words! This place has been so great to me, and I look forward to learning so much more!
  • MistyRose0424
    MistyRose0424 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    A truly inspirating story you look great:happy: Best of luck to you in 2014!!!
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    Fantastic success story. Thank you for taking the time to share this. Congrats, OP!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!