Why brunettes are fitter than blondes nowadays?

TheRealHormony
TheRealHormony Posts: 14 Member
I have noticed that by far the most female fitness models are dark-haired nowadays which is a big contrast to the 80ies, where all in all blondes dominated in fitness. I’m confused, even in Scandinavia, most fitness models are brunettes. Look at Pauline Nordin, Jeanette Elstad, Lina Backlund, Lone Noras or the 18 years old phenomenon Suzanne Svanevik – all of them are dark-haired, They are extremely hot and very strong personalities. What’s the secret behind that overtaking of the brunettes in the world of fitness?

Replies

• Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Less people trying to be blonde, probably.
  • mrspinky85
    mrspinky85 Posts: 79 Member
    I don't know how true this is when today you can have any hair or hair color you can afford.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Are you trying to get someone to say "brunettes are best" just so people freak out and argue? Just curious, because I am not saying anything like that at all. I happen to be brunette, but I don't think I am better than anyone.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    That's kind of a strange thing to notice, OP. :huh:
  • Sinisterly
    Are you trying to get someone to say "brunettes are best" just so people freak out and argue? Just curious, because I am not saying anything like that at all. I happen to be brunette, but I don't think I am better than anyone.
    I didn't even think of it that way, MB. You're onto something, here.
  • Matt24442
    Matt24442 Posts: 324
    GJWwIUps.jpg
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Also an odd topic for post #1.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    I'm pretty sure that this is a completely inaccurate assumption....... :huh:
  • MB_Positif

First post ever tipped me off.
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Hair dye.
  • mister_universe
    mister_universe Posts: 6,664 Member

Don't lie, MB. You think you're better than lots of people. :laugh:

edit: also, I'd make a fabulous blonde.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    I haven't noticed this. I see fitness models with shades of brown, black, and many with blond hair. There are probably some with red hair, but not thinking of anyone specific.

Back in the 80's a lot more famous people had long, blond, feathered hair. Even the guys. Remember? It was a style, along with ripped up shirts, popped collars, shoulder pads, geometric shapes in bright colors, headbands, skinny jeans, stuff like that.
  • MB_Positif

Don't life, MB. You think you're better than lots of people. :laugh:

Stink. I knew someone would bring this up, but to clarify, it has nothing to do with my hair color.
  • Sinisterly

I think you'd look awesome with bright red sunshiny hair and freckles.
  • TheRealHormony
    TheRealHormony Posts: 14 Member
    I don't know how true this is when today you can have any hair or hair color you can afford.

Maybe, but even in Scandinavia, where approximately half of the population ist natural blonde, the overwhelming majority of fitness models are brunettes! :happy:

Not really. I just noticed that athletic women, especially fitness models, tend to be brunettes by a overwhelming majority. You must remember that the remaining blondes in sports are mostly fakes = natural brunettes. So it seems, brunette women tend to have better athletic abilities than blondes and I’m curious about the reason for that. :ohwell:
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    I haven't noticed this. I see fitness models with shades of brown, black, and many with blond hair. There are probably some with red hair, but not thinking of anyone specific.

Back in the 80's a lot more famous people had long, blond, feathered hair. Even the guys. Remember?

You're right-- I never see fitness models with feathered hair.

Having feathered hair must make you fat. :indifferent:
  • MB_Positif

Maybe, but even in Scandinavia, where approximately half of the population ist natural blonde, the overwhelming majority of fitness models are brunettes! :happy:

Not really. I just noticed that athletic women, especially fitness models, tend to be brunettes by a overwhelming majority. You must remember that the remaining blondes in sports are mostly fakes = natural brunettes. So it seems, brunette women tend to have better athletic abilities than blondes and I’m curious about the reason for that. :ohwell:

Solid quoting skills. Bravo.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member

You are...

...you just don't think it.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member

Back in the 80's a lot more famous people had long, blond, feathered hair. Even the guys. Remember?

You're right-- I never see fitness models with feathered hair.

Having feathered hair must make you fat. :indifferent:

Why do they no longer wear leotards with belts and headbands? And a ripped up shirt over the leotard?
  • LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member

I think you'd look awesome with bright red sunshiny hair and freckles.
    And bangs!!