Why brunettes are fitter than blondes nowadays?

Replies

• cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Why is anything, really ...

tumblr_mao434qjrd1rfo60zo1_500.gif

Yay! Love that movie! "Who glued these quarters down!!!!!!"

tumblr_mc2j1ccyXI1r5yeq3o1_250.gif

I don't feel that I need to explain my art to you, Warren.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    To be perfectly friendly, I'm tired of that cliché of that tall, dumb, sporty blondes vs petite, educated, but boring brunettes. That cliché has no basis in reality as by far the most athletic (fitness) women are brunettes or fake blondes (=natural brunettes). I personally think blondes are more of somewhat like party girls today while brunettes are more likely for sports and workout. Just my personal experiences. :wink:

Oooooh, I am petite, educated, totally NOT boring, sporty AND like to party...what does that mean? :drinker:
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Just googled "Top 10 Most Successful and Accomplished Female Fitness Models" (because I have nothing better to do with my time) and only four out of the10 were Brunettes. <shrugs>

Hair colour is a personal fashion choice not an indicator of fitness.

Shhhh be quiet b/c I have a lot of long brown hair and am currently thinking of just forgetting about his whole MFP thing if I'm just gonna perceived as fit by that alone.
  • MB_Positif

:heart:
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    This talk of 80s workout fashion reminds me of one of the great mysteries: how do women keep their legs from getting cold now that leg warmers are out of style?

Tall socks. Or a strange phenomena called "pants."

Women don't wear pants. Stop being ridiculous.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    To be perfectly friendly, I'm tired of that cliché of that tall, dumb, sporty blondes vs petite, educated, but boring brunettes. That cliché has no basis in reality as by far the most athletic (fitness) women are brunettes or fake blondes (=natural brunettes). I personally think blondes are more of somewhat like party girls today while brunettes are more likely for sports and workout. Just my personal experiences. :wink:

So you're looking to replace one stereotype with another one.
  • MB_Positif
    This talk of 80s workout fashion reminds me of one of the great mysteries: how do women keep their legs from getting cold now that leg warmers are out of style?

Yeah, I know. Totes a joke post. Adorbs, no?
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics

Was my sarcasm meter broken? Apologies. :flowerforyou:
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member

What?? Leg Warners are out of style?? Why? Can we bring them back??

** off to knit leg warmers with my new needles and yarn I got for Christmas.

I've never stopped liking leg warmers. Especially rainbow ones.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Aren't there just more brunettes in the world?

One might also say more brunettes than blondes eat cupcakes.
  • MB_Positif

Was my sarcasm meter broken? Apologies. :flowerforyou:

Lololol :heart:
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    I like brunettes...so fine with me if they are. :bigsmile:
  • TheRealHormony
    TheRealHormony Posts: 14 Member
    Just googled "Top 10 Most Successful and Accomplished Female Fitness Models" (because I have nothing better to do with my time) and only four out of the10 were Brunettes.

Yes, but most of these blondes seem to be fakes. So the cliché of the fit blondes is base upon hydrogen peroxide, but not upon reality. In fact, the reality shows a clear dominance of dark-haired women in fitness studios / competitions. I personally think, they also workout harder than blondes due to higher levels of sex hormones.
    Nope. I just want to replace a wrong stereotype with the real situation today!
  • TheRealHormony
    Aren't there just more brunettes in the world?
    One might also say more brunettes than blondes eat cupcakes.

That’s right, but I think especially in sports / fitness the proportion of natural brunettes (also fake blondes count as natural brunettes) is higher than in averaged population from my experiences. And of course, that disproves the cliché that blondes are better in sports that brunettes. I would say rather the opposite.:happy:
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member

Damn the Man. Save the Empire!
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Nope. I just want to replace a wrong stereotype with the real situation today!

Assuming this is true (I don't think it is)-- why? I mean, it's such a bizarre topic to choose. IMO, anyway.
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member

Natural blonde here. I don't know if I really fit your cliche here or your original of blondes not being as fit as brunettes. I guess I broke the mold.
  • TheRealHormony
    Assuming this is true (I don't think it is)-- why? I mean, it's such a bizarre topic to choose. IMO, anyway.
    I’m just curious about it. :wink: I like brunettes, but of course, I’m not a blonde-basher. Blondes have many positive characteristics too, they are animal-loving, fond of traveling, party loving and good at sex. (Brunettes too!) However, I think athletic ability is rather connected with dark hair than with blonde hair.
    Natural blonde here. I don't know if I really fit your cliche here or your original of blondes not being as fit as brunettes. I guess I broke the mold.
    I can’t speak for all women, but that’s just my experience and I’m a bit thoughtful about it. Maybe the hormon story is true and natural brunettes have higher levels of testosterone, which makes them more inclined for hard workouts.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    I’m just curious about it. :wink: I like brunettes, but of course, I’m not a blonde-basher. Blondes have many positive characteristics too, they are animal-loving, fond of traveling, party loving and good at sex. (Brunettes too!) However, I think athletic ability is rather connected with dark hair than with blonde hair.
    I can’t speak for all women, but that’s just my experience and I’m a bit thoughtful about it. Maybe the hormon story is true and natural brunettes have higher levels of testosterone, which makes them more inclined for hard workouts.

:noway: :noway: :noway:

I think you're attributing way too much to hair color.
  • TheRealHormony
    I think you're attributing way too much to hair color.
    I just speak about my experiences in the course of time.:ohwell: