Why brunettes are fitter than blondes nowadays?

Replies

• dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Fitness models have hair? Too busy looking elsewhere.
  • bajoyba
    bajoyba Posts: 1,153 Member
    Hair dye.

I'm going with this.
  • Derp_Diggler
    Derp_Diggler Posts: 1,456 Member
    Given that there are more brunettes than blondes in the world wouldn't it stand to reason that there would be greater numbers of brunettes in something as international as the fitness industry?
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Are you trying to get someone to say "brunettes are best" just so people freak out and argue? Just curious, because I am not saying anything like that at all. I happen to be brunette, but I don't think I am better than anyone.
    I didn't even think of it that way, MB. You're onto something, here.

First post ever tipped me off.

Don't life, MB. You think you're better than lots of people. :laugh:

edit: also, I'd make a fabulous blonde.
    I think you'd look awesome with bright red sunshiny hair and freckles.
    And bangs!!
    Hellz ya, the whole Pippi Longstocking look!
  • EricMurano
    EricMurano Posts: 825 Member
    Why is anything, really ...
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    very interesting....

I do spend 4 hours or so at the hairdresser every 4-5 weeks.

I guess us *dyed* blondes should be using that time to work out instead, eh?

edit to specify dyed.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    I haven't noticed this. I see fitness models with shades of brown, black, and many with blond hair. There are probably some with red hair, but not thinking of anyone specific.

Back in the 80's a lot more famous people had long, blond, feathered hair. Even the guys. Remember?

You're right-- I never see fitness models with feathered hair.

Having feathered hair must make you fat. :indifferent:

Why do they no longer wear leotards with belts and headbands? And a ripped up shirt over the leotard?

I still do, what are you talking about?
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    I haven't noticed this. I see fitness models with shades of brown, black, and many with blond hair. There are probably some with red hair, but not thinking of anyone specific.

Back in the 80's a lot more famous people had long, blond, feathered hair. Even the guys. Remember? It was a style, along with ripped up shirts, popped collars, shoulder pads, geometric shapes in bright colors, headbands, skinny jeans, stuff like that.
    Don't forget moon boots.
  • DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    Never noticed this.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Why is anything, really ...

tumblr_m8mjjgVGfs1rzwgiuo1_r2_250_zps7493e97b.gif
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Less people trying to be blonde, probably.
    I don't know how true this is when today you can have any hair or hair color you can afford.

Maybe, but even in Scandinavia, where approximately half of the population ist natural blonde, the overwhelming majority of fitness models are brunettes! :happy:
    Are you trying to get someone to say "brunettes are best" just so people freak out and argue? Just curious, because I am not saying anything like that at all. I happen to be brunette, but I don't think I am better than anyone.

Not really. I just noticed that athletic women, especially fitness models, tend to be brunettes by a overwhelming majority. You must remember that the remaining blondes in sports are mostly fakes = natural brunettes. So it seems, brunette women tend to have better athletic abilities than blondes and I’m curious about the reason for that. :ohwell:
    Maybe Jimmy the Greek could puzzle it out for us.
  • Hauntinglyfit
    Hauntinglyfit Posts: 5,537 Member
    You know...i went from brunette to red hair a couple of weeks ago, and started slacking on my workouts and eating all the time.

You might be onto something. Maybe i should schedule a hair appointment...
  • Sovictorrious
    Sovictorrious Posts: 770 Member
    Blonde does not work on me.
  • Mother_Superior
    Mother_Superior Posts: 1,624 Member
    Not a fit blonde in sight!
    buddy-bands.gif?w=585
  • angelamangus1
    angelamangus1 Posts: 164 Member
    That's kind of a strange thing to notice, OP. :huh:

THIS!
  • parys1
    parys1 Posts: 2,072 Member
    This is what consumes your thoughts, OP?
  • Hauntinglyfit
    Hauntinglyfit Posts: 5,537 Member
    very interesting....

I do spend 4 hours or so at the hairdresser every 4-5 weeks.

I guess us *dyed* blondes should be using that time to work out instead, eh?

edit to specify dyed.

I don't know how you do it. The last time i was there it took the girl 5 hours to do my hair and i hated every minute of it. Plus what was supposed to be plum colored hair turned out black with pink streaks.
  • TheRealHormony
    TheRealHormony Posts: 14 Member
    In fitness competitions, brunettes are winning more and more. Here the top 3 of a Scandinavian fitness competition:

http://bloggfiler.no/lonenoras.blogg.no/images/1516343-10-1350834389305.jpg

Damn, that's funny! :happy: In former times, the typical athletic woman was depictured as a blonde, but today, most fit women really are dark-haired - even in most Scandinavian countries, so it seems that brunettes have really caught up in sports / fitness.
  • AsparagusFinch
    AsparagusFinch Posts: 167 Member
    As a brunette with a BMI of 40, I can vouch for brunettes definitely being fitter than blondes.

#GeneralisationsAreAB*tch
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Is this your non-racist way of saying that you notice a lot of super jacked black chicks?

Who doesn't, really.