Why brunettes are fitter than blondes nowadays?

Replies

• angelamangus1
    angelamangus1 Posts: 164 Member
    Hair dye.

This!
  • EDollah
    EDollah Posts: 464 Member
    This talk of 80s workout fashion reminds me of one of the great mysteries: how do women keep their legs from getting cold now that leg warmers are out of style?
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    In fitness competitions, brunettes are winning more and more. Here the top 3 of a Scandinavian fitness competition:

http://bloggfiler.no/lonenoras.blogg.no/images/1516343-10-1350834389305.jpg

Damn, that's funny! :happy: In former times, the typical athletic woman was depictured as a blonde, but today, most fit women really are dark-haired - even in most Scandinavian countries, so it seems that brunettes have really caught up in sports / fitness.

Caught up? :huh:
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    In fitness competitions, brunettes are winning more and more. Here the top 3 of a Scandinavian fitness competition:

Damn, that's funny! :happy: In former times, the typical athletic woman was depictured as a blonde, but today, most fit women really are dark-haired - even in most Scandinavian countries, so it seems that brunettes have really caught up in sports / fitness.

He meant to say have stopped bleaching XD
    Edit: At least that's how it reads to me? I could be wrong lol.
  • MB_Positif
    This talk of 80s workout fashion reminds me of one of the great mysteries: how do women keep their legs from getting cold now that leg warmers are out of style?

Tall socks. Or a strange phenomena called "pants."
  • MB_Positif

He. Oh my gosh. For some reason I assumed OP was a she.
  • humglum76
    humglum76 Posts: 5 Member
    I haven't noticed this. I see fitness models with shades of brown, black, and many with blond hair. There are probably some with red hair, but not thinking of anyone specific.

Back in the 80's a lot more famous people had long, blond, feathered hair. Even the guys. Remember?

You're right-- I never see fitness models with feathered hair.

Having feathered hair must make you fat. :indifferent:

Damn. That feathered cut my mother insisted on in 4th grade is the reason I'm a fatass. Everything really is Mom's fault.
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    I think that maybe back then, maybe blondes were high in demand for media. Just like you see more dark haired/brown eyed actors/actress now (so it seems) ...because people seemed to prefer hiring blondes for media more back then.
  • Sinisterly

He. Oh my gosh. For some reason I assumed OP was a she.
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    This is why we love you, MB <33333
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Why is anything, really ...

tumblr_mao434qjrd1rfo60zo1_500.gif
  • Pft. Fit blonde checking in.
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member

What?? Leg Warners are out of style?? Why? Can we bring them back??

** off to knit leg warmers with my new needles and yarn I got for Christmas.
  • MB_Positif
    Why is anything, really ...

tumblr_mao434qjrd1rfo60zo1_500.gif

Yay! Love that movie! "Who glued these quarters down!!!!!!"
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    very interesting....

I do spend 4 hours or so at the hairdresser every 4-5 weeks.

I guess us *dyed* blondes should be using that time to work out instead, eh?

edit to specify dyed.

I don't know how you do it. The last time i was there it took the girl 5 hours to do my hair and i hated every minute of it. Plus what was supposed to be plum colored hair turned out black with pink streaks.

I absolutely loathe going, and I've considered going back brunette. But with as much money and time I've dumped into being blonde--- I can't just go back, because I wouldn't be able to go blonde again easily.
  • TheRealHormony
    TheRealHormony Posts: 14 Member
    To be perfectly friendly, I'm tired of that cliché of that tall, dumb, sporty blondes vs petite, educated, but boring brunettes. That cliché has no basis in reality as by far the most athletic (fitness) women are brunettes or fake blondes (=natural brunettes). I personally think blondes are more of somewhat like party girls today while brunettes are more likely for sports and workout. Just my personal experiences. :wink:
  • parys1
    parys1 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Unique way for OP to look for fit blondes. Not bad.
  • Sinisterly
    To be perfectly friendly, I'm tired of that cliché of that tall, dumb, sporty blondes vs petite, educated, but boring brunettes. That cliché has no basis in reality as by far the most athletic (fitness) women are brunettes or fake blondes (=natural brunettes). I personally think blondes are more of somewhat like party girls today while brunettes are more likely for sports and workout. Just my personal experiences. :wink:
    Oh noes, can of worms.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member

brunettes are for sports and workout?puzzled.jpg

like, do you mean they are designed for that? created in a lab for that? useful for that? please clarify OP. This should be fun.
  • Hauntinglyfit
    Hauntinglyfit Posts: 5,537 Member

Hair color has nothing to do with personality. I am afraid your personal experiences don't mean much.
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Just googled "Top 10 Most Successful and Accomplished Female Fitness Models" (because I have nothing better to do with my time) and only four out of the10 were Brunettes. <shrugs>

Hair colour is a personal fashion choice not an indicator of fitness.