HALP! Is this MFP Love or Infatuation?

Options
So there's this guy...

I think about him night and day when we aren't talking, face timing, texting or private messaging. Its still early but I feel like he knows and understands me better than anyone because we have discussed everything. I am not sure if its love or infatuation. I never thought it would be possible to feel this way about someone I've never met who lives in a different state.

I see a lot of threads about crushes and Mfp relationships so I know it's common to form bonds and connections on here.

How can you tell the difference between if something is love or infatuation when it's strictly online on a fitness website? Do these Mfp relationships and crushes that people get usually last or do they eventually fizzle out?

Replies

• Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    -doesn't touch with a firey pole-

:grumble:
  • _TastySnoBalls_
    _TastySnoBalls_ Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    ...not sure if srs :huh:
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Infatuation. Until you spend time together in real life it isn't love.

I met a guy on here when I was new. Thought it was love and he said so too. Time came for him to visit and I found out he was married.
  • ParamoreAddict
    ParamoreAddict Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    I'd say its person by person...Not gonna paint everything with such a broad brush. Why not meet in person and see for yourself if its real or not?
  • BattleTaxi
    BattleTaxi Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    In person or on internet, some people are honest and some people are not.
  • Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    I'd say at this point in time it is infatuation. You can't really be sure until you spend time with said person in real life. You could be completely different.
  • unapologetically_crystal
    Options
    sounds like infatuation.. i say run with it whatever it is. do what makes you happy and live life.

http://www.diffen.com/difference/Infatuation_vs_Love
  • bd0027
    bd0027 Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    I developed a small crush on someone but quickly caught myself mentally saying, "this is lame." You'll probably come to that conclusion too. But hey, if it's meant to be, it will be. (:
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    None of that matters, OP. The question is, how many calories do you burn being infatuated? That's what really counts.
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    None of that matters, OP. The question is, how many calories do you burn being infatuated? That's what really counts.
    I'd say its person by person...Not gonna paint everything with such a broad brush. Why not meet in person and see for yourself if its real or not?

Love your logic.
  • MissFit_14
    Options

A LOT!
  • FrozenSongBird
    FrozenSongBird Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    I agree with this ^^ Slapping a one size fits all on something doesn't mean it does ;)
  • 2bePhantasticallyfit
    Options
    Interesting since another mfp member and I were talking about something very similar today...
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    I sleep in the bushes in front of my MFP crush's house. I call that love and dedication.
  • fitfreakymom
    fitfreakymom Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    also keep in mind some on here do not post their own pics, so you may be crushing on someone who is not who they say they are.
  • 2bePhantasticallyfit
    Options
    also keep in mind some on here do not post their own pics, so you may be crushing on someone who is not who they say they are.

Agreed...ever watched the show Catfish?
  • MissFit_14
    Options

What do you do to make sure pictures are real and it's really the person you think it is behind the image?
  • ParamoreAddict
    ParamoreAddict Posts: 839 Member
    Options

If they do, that's moronic. Is that why so many people don't show their faces? lol
  • 2bePhantasticallyfit
    Options

What do you do to make sure pictures are real and it's really the person you think it is behind the image?

Exactly...out of like 20 episodes...there has been like two times when it turned out to be that person for real