HALP! Is this MFP Love or Infatuation?

Options

Replies

• Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    I'm also just curious how this thread is going to turn out.

Also, I'm shocked that JoyJoy was deceiving everyone by posting a photo of her cat from a younger age. :noway:

GuiltyCat.jpg
    Same kitty? :P
  • ParamoreAddict
    ParamoreAddict Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    There's a poster in this thread right now that is attempting to pass off a photo of themselves that is not a remotely current accurate representation ( and I don't mean stock photos ) of themselves. It happens way more than people think.

Yea...I really don't have rock hard muscles. :sad:
    ya when i blink...never trust a weeping angel! :smokin:
  • SuperWhoLock24601
    SuperWhoLock24601 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Why would I lie? I put it on the internet. It has to be true.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

Also, I'm shocked that JoyJoy was deceiving everyone by posting a photo of her cat from a younger age. :noway:

GuiltyCat.jpg
    Same kitty? :P

h08342574
  • Sinisterly
    Options
    FINE!!! I'll give you all my trust and spill all my secrets in your inbox!
    You ready??
  • SuperWhoLock24601
    Options
    You ready??

You might want to tell a Silence. Then you will forget everything you told them. :wink:
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Options

In her defense, they do grow up REALLY quickly. It's the kitty way, I'm afraid.

And, it was cuter as a kitten.

Yes, I went there.
  • Sinisterly
    Options
    You ready??

You might want to tell a Silence. Then you will forget everything you told them. :wink:
    Nah, I'll just totally tell you. I obviously trust you so much right now. <3.
  • SuperWhoLock24601
    Options
    Just don't look away.
  • ParamoreAddict
    ParamoreAddict Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    You ready??

tumblr_mh5wx773mp1qirhslo1_500.jpg
  • SuperWhoLock24601
    Options
    You ready??

tumblr_mh5wx773mp1qirhslo1_500.jpg
    :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • amosmoses88
    amosmoses88 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    No way to know if it is true love until you both have farted in bed. at least once.

CRAZY....but so true!
  • delicious_cocktail
    delicious_cocktail Posts: 5,797 Member
    Options
    Infatuation.
  • amosmoses88
    amosmoses88 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I think you have to meet someone at least a few times to know whether its real or not. Ever heard of phishing? It's also an MTV show lol. But really, it's these people who go on the internet to build up relationships and make the other person feel like it's real, only to get them to give them SOME kind of money or something. So you really gotta be careful. Little flirts and all are okay, but taking it to the "I Love You" stage....NOPE....BIG NOPE. Been there once. We both made plans to go see each other time after time after time. We started talking, we stopped, we started, we stopped. So I came to the conclusion we both used each other for when we were lonely. We both knew we'd never actually meet in person. But, some people really do believe this whole internet relationship deal can work. I DO NOT.
  • Sreneesa
    Sreneesa Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    also keep in mind some on here do not post their own pics, so you may be crushing on someone who is not who they say they are.

If they do, that's moronic. Is that why so many people don't show their faces? lol

No. Many people don't want their pictures on the Internet for a wide variety of reasons. Once your picture is on the Internet, it can be used in any way someone feels like using it. Not really anything you can do about it.

Exactly!

I have my own personal reason why I do not show my face. Has nothing to do with faking or insecurities.

And, the few people who have been trying to come at me like this is a dating site and be perverted make me glad I do not show my face!
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

In her defense, they do grow up REALLY quickly. It's the kitty way, I'm afraid.

And, it was cuter as a kitten.

Yes, I went there.

:laugh: :tongue:
  • jasonr1009
    jasonr1009 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I'm not a player I just crush a lot lol
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    I think you have to meet someone at least a few times to know whether its real or not. Ever heard of phishing? It's also an MTV show lol. But really, it's these people who go on the internet to build up relationships and make the other person feel like it's real, only to get them to give them SOME kind of money or something. So you really gotta be careful. Little flirts and all are okay, but taking it to the "I Love You" stage....NOPE....BIG NOPE. Been there once. We both made plans to go see each other time after time after time. We started talking, we stopped, we started, we stopped. So I came to the conclusion we both used each other for when we were lonely. We both knew we'd never actually meet in person. But, some people really do believe this whole internet relationship deal can work. I DO NOT.

Of course it can work out. There are many instances of this (one in this very thread). But certainly, safe guards must be put in place, and it's best to meet in person as soon as possible before too many expectations get built up.
  • Sinisterly
    Options

Of course it can work out. There are many instances of this (one in this very thread). But certainly, safe guards must be put in place, and it's best to meet in person as soon as possible before too many expectations get built up.
    If stuff moves too soon, sometimes it's best to take a step back, though..
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options

If stuff moves too soon, sometimes it's best to take a step back, though..

When I said meet, I meant just that. I guess even a video chat is better than just going by a photo and building up too many false expectations.