HALP! Is this MFP Love or Infatuation?

Options

Replies

• MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    also keep in mind some on here do not post their own pics, so you may be crushing on someone who is not who they say they are.

Agreed...ever watched the show Catfish?

What do you do to make sure pictures are real and it's really the person you think it is behind the image?

In seriousness, you either video chat or have them take a picture with something specific, like a post it that says their SN. Preferably video.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    There's a poster in this thread right now that is attempting to pass off a photo of themselves that is not a remotely current accurate representation ( and I don't mean stock photos ) of themselves. It happens way more than people think.

catfish catfish catfish

people will believe whatever they want to believe.

IKR? Joy's kitty looks nothing like that these days.
    Ask me how I know.

EEP!

funny-cat-gifs-034-004.gif
  • the_dude00
    the_dude00 Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    Take a chance and meet the guy. Maybe the feelings real maybe it's not, maybe infatuation. Either way, you'll find out and not wonder what if.... And if its only infatuation, you can have a great time and no one in your hometown will know :-)
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    I'm guessing this post is for his benefit?

What does he say?

Gotta go, gonna be late for gym class...
  • Hauntinglyfit
    Hauntinglyfit Posts: 5,537 Member
    Options
    Are you hoping that he'll see this thread, or that he won't?
  • bd0027
    bd0027 Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    This site is common between you, so you both want to be fit. You think about him when he is not there, you like talking to him and more importantly, he listens. You probably have other common interests if you talk to him a lot.

I say go for it, if you can meet him in person. Be very safe, go public, have a wing-women who can keep an eye on you from afar (so he can't slip a ruff in your drink - sorry, I got daughters, father-speak here). And with any dating, don't give it up, make him realize that he has to work for it, has to be a hero, has to show you respect, meet his friends, meet his family, if he loves his Mom and respects his father, he just might be a good catch.

And treat him well, respect him, don't play games with his head, let him know that opening the door means a lot to you but that you can open it but allow him to do it for you (without him knowing). Guys are simple (maybe, just this guy, me, that is), make him feel needed, wanted and appreciated through the little things, notice that he dusted off his dash, ask him to get the pasta sauce from the top shelf, notice and appreciate the little things, let him be a hero here and there (since there are no dragons to fight).

Wow, sorry, that was a rant... give it a shot but be very safe.

Very well said. (:
  • djxil
    djxil Posts: 357
    Options
    This site is common between you, so you both want to be fit. You think about him when he is not there, you like talking to him and more importantly, he listens. You probably have other common interests if you talk to him a lot.

I say go for it, if you can meet him in person. Be very safe, go public, have a wing-women who can keep an eye on you from afar (so he can't slip a ruff in your drink - sorry, I got daughters, father-speak here). And with any dating, don't give it up, make him realize that he has to work for it, has to be a hero, has to show you respect, meet his friends, meet his family, if he loves his Mom and respects his father, he just might be a good catch.

And treat him well, respect him, don't play games with his head, let him know that opening the door means a lot to you but that you can open it but allow him to do it for you (without him knowing). Guys are simple (maybe, just this guy, me, that is), make him feel needed, wanted and appreciated through the little things, notice that he dusted off his dash, ask him to get the pasta sauce from the top shelf, notice and appreciate the little things, let him be a hero here and there (since there are no dragons to fight).

Wow, sorry, that was a rant... give it a shot but be very safe.

Very well said. (:

Thanks BD.
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options

I'm hoping for a Plot Twist soon enough.
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    He says,

tumblr_lrjl2joD6A1qzi09a.gif
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options

Lurking to see how this one turns out.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options

I wish so bad right now that I had come in here guns blazing as his wife.
  • PikaKnight
    Options

I wish so bad right now that I had come in here guns blazing as his wife.

ohsnap.gif
  • ParamoreAddict
    ParamoreAddict Posts: 839 Member
    Options

3128882.gif
  • 2bePhantasticallyfit
    Options
    He says,

tumblr_lrjl2joD6A1qzi09a.gif

Omg this just made me laugh so hard :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • downsizinghoss
    downsizinghoss Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    No way to know if it is true love until you both have farted in bed. at least once.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I'm also just curious how this thread is going to turn out.

Also, I'm shocked that JoyJoy was deceiving everyone by posting a photo of her cat from a younger age. :noway:
  • ParamoreAddict
    ParamoreAddict Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    Random closure for somebody saying something inappropriate? lol
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    No way to know if it is true love until you both have farted in bed. at least once.
    That's a very strange way to look at it o.o
  • SuperWhoLock24601
    SuperWhoLock24601 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    There's a poster in this thread right now that is attempting to pass off a photo of themselves that is not a remotely current accurate representation ( and I don't mean stock photos ) of themselves. It happens way more than people think.

Yea...I really don't have rock hard muscles. :sad:
  • PikaKnight
    Options
    I'm also just curious how this thread is going to turn out.

Also, I'm shocked that JoyJoy was deceiving everyone by posting a photo of her cat from a younger age. :noway:

GuiltyCat.jpg