• autumnsquirrel
    autumnsquirrel Posts: 258 Member
    Thank you for this sage advice:)
  • funforsports
    funforsports Posts: 2,656 Member
    Very nice...yes.
  • kbolton322
    kbolton322 Posts: 358 Member
    Thanks for this info... I will put it to good use..
  • H4rpy
    H4rpy Posts: 23 Member
    OP, this post was very helpful AND lets me know I'm on the right track with my program. It brightened my day, so thank you! :flowerforyou:
  • Cayjominara
    Cayjominara Posts: 270 Member
    Thank you sir! I'll be sure to post my pimped out, abbed-out (yes! That's my word "ABBED") midsection as soon as I get mine tight and photo worthy! That was quality info. I'm checking out the web link now!

:glasses:
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    cm-49669-451176610d12d1.gif
  • delicious_cocktail
    delicious_cocktail Posts: 5,797 Member
    Wow. Thank you so much for this. That is my next goal and I appreciate a reality check on the right mindset.
    So much win in this. Thank you incredibly sultry sexy lady!

FIFY.
  • Bloomboom
    Bloomboom Posts: 31 Member
    This is the kind of information I need. Thanks for it!
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member

2. Strength training. If you want that toned mid section look you have to put some muscle there. If you just want a nice flat stomach muscle will still help it look tight. You can begin with Strong Lifts, a hypertrophy routine or a strength program from bodybuilding.com (free!). One that includes compound lifts like deadlift, squat, bench press and pull ups will help. Work on increasing the amount of weight you use. When the weight gets heavier you engage your core more and it builds the muscle.

I want to expand on this. It seems some people, especially young women with very little muscle, might even need to go on a bulk to get a "six-pack". They just don't have big enough muscles. They'd have to get dangerously lean for them to show. The better way would be to gain weight (including fat and muscle, but hopefully mostly muscle), then try again to lose the fat and reveal the new pretty muscles.

This is true. If there is not enough volume in the muscles they won't show. Mine show at 20% because they have lots of volume. A great way in my opinion to add volume is heavy squats, deadlifts and front squats. I don't do crunches.

Agreed. I don't do direct ab work either (I don't have a six-pack but I have "abs").