So you want a nice stomach

Replies

• footiechick82
    footiechick82 Posts: 1,203 Member
    This is exactly how I did it the last time... now to do it again!

• wow29
    wow29 Posts: 283 Member
    bump
  • dare2love81
    dare2love81 Posts: 928 Member
    :flowerforyou:

and also

:heart:

Now....if only people would take the advice.
  • delicious_cocktail
    delicious_cocktail Posts: 5,797 Member
    There is a lot of "Sir" talk going on here.

FYI...If you click the OP's name and without even needing to scroll, one can see HER profile and realize that SHE is not a "sir".

7040126_9555.jpg

But!! It's a reasonable albeit incorrect assumption if you just see hard abs and "USMC" in the username.
  • WhataBroad
    WhataBroad Posts: 1,091 Member
    I really really want to give you a thumbs up but your number 4 is making me cringe.

Yes...this. ^^^

What's your reason for not liking #4? My reply to him is that if diet is on point you don't need much cardio. You can add more, but it isn't necessarily helpful. All good programs should include some cardio. I also said that food logging should be accurate, but it isn't always and doing cardio can help make up for inaccuracy (like going out to eat, the dishes can vary up to 500 calories depending on restaurant).

Jumping back in, so tell me how it is not necessarily helpful.

Please explain that to me?

So go by just the rough average of say 100 cals burned per mile.

Say 10 minute miles (which we could say the average person could pull off)

Say they go for 40 minutes everyday.

That would equate to 400 cals extra burned.

Most people wouldn't come close to burning through their glycogen stores in 45 minutes. Assuming they are not sprinting for 45 minutes. So your precious muscles stay in tact and not used for energy AND you get the added bonus of 400 cals burned.

Oh, let's not forget all the added cardio bonus' you get to enjoy in the gym because of your cardio runs.

What is bizarre is your recommendation really REALLY heavy on the protein macro ratio then scared to death of the cardio monster.

What I find more funny than anything is the fact you have the usmc title in your name and you know damn well you wouldn't have anywhere close to the body you have now without all the fun cardio they made you do.

Other than that, two thumbs up.

cardio is not just running 10 minute miles! cardio can be interval training on any machine OR body weight exercises, barbell complexes, swimming, biking. and the OP didn't say anything about it needing to be steady state either.

oh and OP... fantastic post! :flowerforyou:
  • Ophidion
    Ophidion Posts: 2,065 Member

FYI...If you click the OP's name and without even needing to scroll, one can see HER profile and realize that SHE is not a "sir".

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • delicious_cocktail
    What I find more funny than anything is the fact you have the usmc title in your name and you know damn well you wouldn't have anywhere close to the body you have now without all the fun cardio they made you do.

LOL. Wrong dude is wrong.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member

7040126_9555.jpg

But!! It's a reasonable albeit incorrect assumption if you just see hard abs and "USMC" in the username.

Thanks! Yes, I'm a female.
  • runawayescape
    runawayescape Posts: 58 Member
    bump
  • BikerGirlElaine
    BikerGirlElaine Posts: 1,631 Member
    Awesomeness and bumping. :heart:
  • delicious_cocktail

Not a female. A woman. Heck, I'd almost call you a lady but we'd need to go out to dinner and stuff first, really give you the My Fair Lady aptitude battery.
  • Ophidion
    Ophidion Posts: 2,065 Member

7040126_9555.jpg

and a damn fine looking one at that! well done on your progress and achievements.
  • usmcmp

Haha it's okay. It's easy to assume that someone who is a veteran stayed in great shape. Nope, I got fat and I hate running. I'll blame breaking my pelvis and ankle, but I just really like eating.
  • ihad
    ihad Posts: 7,462 Member
    Thumbs up. Good stuff.
  • usmcmp
    All good points. But there is more than one way to skin a cat.

I do not lift heavy in the gym, I do kettlebell workouts. Involves lots of core work. I don't do any specific abdominal work at all. And I do lots of cardio, because I love it (running) and it helps me increase my calorie debt if I so desire. AND it decreases my appetite.

You're right, there is more than one way.

You still activate your muscles and eat at a calorie deficit. Those are the the main keys to success.
  • donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    tumblr_inline_myqny5GU9g1r3hlbx.gif

I wanna panda hug!!!

I bet they're so warm and fuzzy
  • ElliottTN
    ElliottTN Posts: 1,614 Member

Haha it's okay. It's easy to assume that someone who is a veteran stayed in great shape. Nope, I got fat and I hate running. I'll blame breaking my pelvis and ankle, but I just really like eating.

I got caught assuming due to all my military friends who can still run 6 minute miles..drunk...while smoking a pack a cigarettes...and laugh at me while I am trying to keep up.
  • delicious_cocktail
    I got caught assuming due to all my military friends who can still run 6 minute miles..drunk...while smoking a pack a cigarettes...and laugh at me while I am trying to keep up.

<- former air force, I got out of shape in the military.

ETA: will stop hijacking now. :-/