Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    Might need a...

BUMP!!!
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    usmcmp wrote: »
    I don't like it because I prefer higher rep workouts. Even grinding out a super heavy set of 5 doesn't make me happy, I'd rather do a lighter set of 8-12. I still do strength and 5x5 type routines from time to time since strength is important. Another reason why is because most of them seem to be 3 days per week, but I prefer to lift 5-6 days per week.

Really happy that you have that preference as higher volume is the route I've been taking also, using the All Pro workout, which is 8 - 13 reps.

Sometimes when I read posts on here I think I should switch to a heavier less-rep workout à la Stronglifts but I LIKE what I do now.
  • Cocoa1020
    Cocoa1020 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    How much cardio should I add to compensate for Olive Garden Never Ending Pasta? Would three 30 minutes sessions do it?

Depends on how never ending it was for you. :wink:

lmao!
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    I don't like it because I prefer higher rep workouts. Even grinding out a super heavy set of 5 doesn't make me happy, I'd rather do a lighter set of 8-12. I still do strength and 5x5 type routines from time to time since strength is important. Another reason why is because most of them seem to be 3 days per week, but I prefer to lift 5-6 days per week.

Really happy that you have that preference as higher volume is the route I've been taking also, using the All Pro workout, which is 8 - 13 reps.

Sometimes when I read posts on here I think I should switch to a heavier less-rep workout à la Stronglifts but I LIKE what I do now.

And *that* will be a far greater impact on how effective your workout is in the long run, especially when you compare the theoretical and pretty small differences you may see between different routines, if any, depending on your goals.
  • bkscott5
    bkscott5 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    So any ideas to help people in wheelchairs with mobility and pain issues?
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    bkscott5 wrote: »
    So any ideas to help people in wheelchairs with mobility and pain issues?

That would be a question for your physical therapist.
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • cindyst1
    cindyst1 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Sounds good
  • sherry_80
    sherry_80 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options
    Bumping over the derp line.
  • peterjens
    peterjens Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • amoffatt
    amoffatt Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Bump....Awesome! For later to read
  • ArwaMuslimah
    ArwaMuslimah Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    ;-) thaaaanx
  • aliciamariaq
    aliciamariaq Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    bump
  • blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    Options
    I got off track while dealing with a knee injury, I need to get back on this! Not sure if I can make a noticeable difference by a family wedding in August though.

(bump to the top :D )
  • Noelv1976
    Noelv1976 Posts: 18,948 Member
    Options
    Kewl
  • peterjens
    Options
    bump for the noobs
  • Teanei
    Teanei Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    My belly is not where I want it to be. It's the main thing I need to work on.
  • peterjens
    Options
    bump
  • peterjens
    Options
    bump