Nerds who lift

Replies

• grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,153 Member
    Engineer by day, lifter by night: I am...IN!
  • gsop22
    gsop22 Posts: 84 Member
    Electrical Engineer here. Count me in!
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    I lift a little and have been called a nerd on a number of occasions

In fact...mah lifting sox!

5859f06d-a2d3-4965-9067-48b9eabf97ef_zps2ea6bad6.jpg

Me lifting in them

1ed1681e-87f1-42a5-8912-1ac8aa0b1b3b_zps4ca73b8d.jpg

3ea58f37-f149-403a-a05c-48eb59ead99b_zps877a9469.jpg

in action:

DwLQ5Q2.gif
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    old pictures, of me slightly fatter and making awful faces. Also tiny bar and no rack, because I'm squatting like no weight at all. We all gotta start somewhere. :wink:

WOW...nice

I'm going to assume you're talking about the amazing way I owned those other healers in the healing down meters. If not pretend you are; that's the fastest way to my heart. Why, the first compliment the guy I eventually married ever paid me was "Way, Dama. You just *redacted* all over those other healers. Too bad you couldn't damage your way out....anything. Ever." :heart: :heart:

Speaking of, more nerdcred

I model characters after myself

vOfB5.jpg?1

This is my husband. He also lifts. And works in IT.

P5aUd.jpg?1

t7VOVh2.png
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Here I am!

Aqxoqto.gif

^^ this gif is old, the weight on the bar is heavier and the weight on me is lighter now :)
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Awesome @ all the gifs and responses so far! :bigsmile:
    I'm also a sysadmin (no I won't fix your computer, dammit!:angry: )
    Noob mistake, don't ever tell people you know how to fix computers. (Unless you are setting them up for, "open a dos box and type echo y | format c: /u")
  • moya_rargh
    moya_rargh Posts: 1,473 Member
    http---makeagifcom--media-10-16-2013-JlGdZ1_zps76ddc711.gif

:D<3
  • CipherZero
    CipherZero Posts: 1,418 Member
    In IT for 20 years.
    Started lifting in 2013.
    It's all about data and trends.
  • handyrunner
    handyrunner Posts: 32,662 Member
    old pictures, of me slightly fatter and making awful faces. Also tiny bar and no rack, because I'm squatting like no weight at all. We all gotta start somewhere. :wink:

WOW...nice

I'm going to assume you're talking about the amazing way I owned those other healers in the healing down meters. If not pretend you are; that's the fastest way to my heart. Why, the first compliment the guy I eventually married ever paid me was "Way, Dama. You just *redacted* all over those other healers. Too bad you couldn't damage your way out....anything. Ever." :heart: :heart:

vOfB5.jpg?1

P5aUd.jpg?1

t7VOVh2.png
    what game is the middle picture from?
  • singlefemalelawyer
    singlefemalelawyer Posts: 382 Member
    haha totally! Being nerdy (and lifting heavy) is in! Nerds unite :drinker:
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member

WOW...nice

vOfB5.jpg?1

P5aUd.jpg?1

t7VOVh2.png

First and second are both from guild wars 2. It's a really pretty game, amazingly so even.
  • Dino_bacon2112
    Dino_bacon2112 Posts: 341 Member
    I haven't lifted in a while because I'm really lazy, but I'm going to start again soon! And I'm IN!
  • delicious_cocktail
    delicious_cocktail Posts: 5,797 Member
    2e64f7df-d518-492f-a568-313e8fa471c9_zps8dfa854b.jpg

I'm in Mensa.

Not that this means that I'm smart per se, but more like I'm the sort of a nerd who needs to prove his nerd cred by bothering to take let alone pass the Mensa test. That's pretty lame & nerdy.
    That's before we get into the D&D, fact that I'm wearing an unfashionable comic book shirt, sew for fun . . . whatever, I don't need to prove my nerd cred to you people! I AM THE LAW!
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member

7Ftw86U.jpg?1

akhhTUB.jpg

Nerdcred:

Was repping batman before those movies

09atbg3.jpg?1

screen shots like this exist on my imgur

gOR85rg.jpg

DqHQlVL.jpg?1

LZ2rQ8m.jpg?1

Hey, I know those screen shots! :smile: (Well, not the exact ones, but what they are, lol) OK, now I know 1 way to get my nerd cred up… just need some lifting pics.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member

WOW...nice

vOfB5.jpg?1

P5aUd.jpg?1

t7VOVh2.png

I think that's from Guild Wars 2...but I could be wrong

ETA: Oops. Achyra answered already. I so late. hahahaha
  • SailorKnightWing
    SailorKnightWing Posts: 875 Member
    I just started lifting stuff today. I don't have any barbells or dumb bells, so I threw four of my Absolute Sandman collections into my Tater Tote-bag and a random other purse and started doing squats. Each one weighs 7.6lbs for a total of around 30lbs, which is perfect for someone as out of shape as me.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    I don't play D&D (or any video games) but I think I make up for it....NOVA is my favorite TV program. I could stay home all day watching it on Amazon Prime, if it didn't carry the very-high risk of my boyfriend committing suicide.
  • handyrunner
    handyrunner Posts: 32,662 Member
    ahh havnt played GW in some time!!
  • a_stronger_me13
    a_stronger_me13 Posts: 812 Member
    I'm an engineer who lifts.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Do you have to play video games these days to be a nerd? Since when isn't just being smart and socially awkward enough??