Looking to add people on 1200 calories a day

Options

Replies

• darthlacey
    darthlacey Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    You all can feel free to add me! I am on a 1200 calorie a day plan as well :) I slip here and there lol but I'm not looking to be as strict about it :tongue:
  • kellygirl5538
    kellygirl5538 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I'm injured so i need to stay on a 1200 calorie diet!
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    There is none so blind as those who will not see.

This. OP has made up her mind, and will not be swayed by reason. Hopefully some of the others that have posted will read some of these links, and make a better choice for themselves.

Good luck to them all.

Is every new year this exhausting?

yes. at least 2013 was.
  • jeantrin83
    Options
    Im new to this site, im doing the 1200 a day. i would ideas on food and whatnot.
  • lastchancedance89
    lastchancedance89 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    That's my recommended intake. Although, I'm feeling like its hard to eat even that. I don't make that much money and its hard to eat healthy on a budget :( Feel free to add me..always looking for new FP friends to keep me motivated!
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Blind leading the blind. Sad. :frown:
  • thesuperfe
    thesuperfe Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the tips.

let me guess BTVS?
  • tinakowalik
    tinakowalik Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add! 1230 cals here. In need of friendly support!
  • thesuperfe
    Options
    Thanks for your post! It's nice to read upbeat encouragement. I saw some posts that were a bit negative towards the folks in this thread who are doing 1200 a day. I have done it before (I am very sedentary) and had no problems dropping 20 pounds as long as I ate healthy (lots of veggies). I felt great and had a lot of energy. It forces you to adopt better habits (ie drinking more water, more veggies, less crap) which is good all the way around. Eventually, people may begin to move into more activity which will require them to eat more calories. Again, thanks for sharing!
  • Rays_Wife
    Rays_Wife Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    This is an awesome thread. I am going through all the people who are saying they are eating 1200 calories or less and clicking on "ignore user". It's making MFP even more awesome.

I've been friend requesting all the people who have chimed in that they eat way MORE than 1200 calories a day on this thread!! :laugh: :laugh: I like your idea too, I may just do that.
  • yumbinkbugonrox
    yumbinkbugonrox Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    ok, so i'm noticing the trend of people on this thread who are starting the 1200 but are feeling very hungry and are struggling...to those people, i want to share my story.

last march, i started off with 1200 calories. and it was awful. i saw very little gains. i felt very frustrated. i thought about cutting back even more. it's like, how low could i go? it sucked big time. i was irritable, tired, and basically, a huge *****. pardon my language.

then i read this (http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/974888-in-place-of-a-road-map-2k13) and it changed my life. at first i didn't understand it all. and it took me like an hour to figure it all out. but that was probably one of the most valuable hours of my life. right now, i'm 64lbs down (I began dieting in January, but joined MFP in March) and i am keeping it up! my original goal was to try to lose 1 lb a week for a year, but i exceeded my goal by 12lbs. best thing i did was educate myself. haven't looked back to 1200 since.

i'm not ridiculously hungry (until i change my goals, which i do about every 5lbs lost, and then it regulates itself after about 3 days) and it's been something i have been able to keep up with for 9 months. and i've even "scheduled" cheat days in there. during the holidays, when i went over a little on a couple of days (maybe by 100-200 calories), i still saw consistent weight loss. and if i can't work out as much as i'd like, i cut a little deeper on my deficit (right now, my TDEE is 2295 and i'm eating at a 20% cut, so about 1836). at first, i wasn't sure how to get all of those calories eaten (because honestly, it *seems* like a lot), but with some careful planning, it worked.

i wish you all the best of luck, but definitely encourage you to read that link and try it out. i mean, what do you have to lose? ;)
  • yumbinkbugonrox
    Options
    actually, i started the in place of a road map in May, not March! oops!
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    There is none so blind as those who will not see.

This. OP has made up her mind, and will not be swayed by reason. Hopefully some of the others that have posted will read some of these links, and make a better choice for themselves.

Good luck to them all.

Is every new year this exhausting?

To be certain, my motivation for posting in this thread almost entirely has nothing to do with OP. Oh, sure, if she is helped by it, then bonus, but she is just one person. I post in threads like this to help the hundreds...maybe thousands...of others who read it...even the ones who initially dismiss it.

Actually, *especially* the ones who initially dismiss it, because they are the ones who are likely to be helped most...for when they've tried the *maximum deficit possible* approach and find themselves miserable, perhaps they'll remember that there was another way...seemingly less popular amidst the chorus of "1200 works for me!", but possibly another way...and then maybe they'll try it...and then maybe next year, they too will spread the word that the *most* deficit isn't always the *best* deficit.

Maybe.
  • LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    ok, so i'm noticing the trend of people on this thread who are starting the 1200 but are feeling very hungry and are struggling...to those people, i want to share my story.

last march, i started off with 1200 calories. and it was awful. i saw very little gains. i felt very frustrated. i thought about cutting back even more. it's like, how low could i go? it sucked big time. i was irritable, tired, and basically, a huge *****. pardon my language.

then i read this (http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/974888-in-place-of-a-road-map-2k13) and it changed my life. at first i didn't understand it all. and it took me like an hour to figure it all out. but that was probably one of the most valuable hours of my life. right now, i'm 64lbs down (I began dieting in January, but joined MFP in March) and i am keeping it up! my original goal was to try to lose 1 lb a week for a year, but i exceeded my goal by 12lbs. best thing i did was educate myself. haven't looked back to 1200 since.

i'm not ridiculously hungry (until i change my goals, which i do about every 5lbs lost, and then it regulates itself after about 3 days) and it's been something i have been able to keep up with for 9 months. and i've even "scheduled" cheat days in there. during the holidays, when i went over a little on a couple of days (maybe by 100-200 calories), i still saw consistent weight loss. and if i can't work out as much as i'd like, i cut a little deeper on my deficit (right now, my TDEE is 2295 and i'm eating at a 20% cut, so about 1836). at first, i wasn't sure how to get all of those calories eaten (because honestly, it *seems* like a lot), but with some careful planning, it worked.

i wish you all the best of luck, but definitely encourage you to read that link and try it out. i mean, what do you have to lose? ;)

I am sad to report that your words are following on deaf ears.
    Myself, liliawolf, jof, and etc have been trying to show the new years the light so they don't fall into the same issues that you and I did. But to no avail!

But huzzah, another one of us! =]
  • yumbinkbugonrox
    Options
    and let me say that this is the first time i have actually been successful. and motivated.
  • jv0898
    jv0898 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    please add me to the 1200 calorie group.
  • valmaebel
    valmaebel Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    Yeah...I posted this about 9 pages ago but I really don't expect people to read all 9 pages...anymore than I expect people will actually read this article. But it's good and thought provoking to say the least.
    A few thoughts:
    -I don't "look down" on people who are trying to get by on only 1200 calories. But I feel a genuine concern that most of you have your goals and focus misplaced.
    - The goal should NOT be weight loss. 1200 calories will get you weight loss...but the wrong kind. The goal should be health. Which includes the kinds of calories you eat, activity level, etc. Studies have shown those who are overweight but active actually are healthier than skinny people who aren't active. So again, weight and calories really aren't the focus.
    - If you feel that you are thriving on 1200 calories. then good for you and keep at it. But thriving is not measured by the scale. As I drop weight, and as I started first running and then training for triathlons I felt better. I wasn't that hungry as my body adjusted (only for the first week or two) and I had more energy. I felt less sluggish, had fewer medical issues, and good emotional health. This is thriving. If after a few weeks you aren't experiencing that...you're not getting what you NEED.
    Best of luck and take a moment to at least skim through this article as it has some wonderful information.

http://www.dailyhiit.com/hiit-blog/hiit-diet/1200-calories/
  • thesuperfe
    Options
    And we will do the same. peace out
  • yumbinkbugonrox
    Options

I am sad to report that your words are following on deaf ears.
    Myself, liliawolf, jof, and etc have been trying to show the new years the light so they don't fall into the same issues that you and I did. But to no avail!

But huzzah, another one of us! =]

yeah...i wonder if it can be chalked to not reading the thread. yeah, that's what it's got to be, it's just gotta! honestly, i didn't start with the ipoarm until i started reading around the forums. hopefully some of the new members will do the same and do some research.
  • bjdavid53
    bjdavid53 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Does it bother you that she is harming herself? 1200 is too low for someone with her stats. As I just posted, 1400 would the liquid diet her doctors would put her on to maintain life were she to go into a coma. It is called her basal metabolic rate, and it puts great stress on the body to try and function on less than that.

At least look into it and make your own informed choices.

http://www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-calculator/
    [/quote]