mbti personality test

Options

Replies

• 24Keffy
    24Keffy Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    The reliability of the MBTI has tested low as people often score differently weeks/years later (which doesn't seem to be the case among most of you).
    I'm just curious how much of this test reflects my actual personality compared to what I perceive it to be. For instance, it showed in my personality profile that counselling would be a well suited occupation for me. I was excited to see this as this is my career path. But then it had me thinking if I was answering these questions in a certain way to reflect this desired personality (empathetic, intuitive...). I will have to re-take it and do my best to take the test in an unbiased fashion.
  • azlifah95
    azlifah95 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    INFJ
    Introvert(67%) iNtuitive(12%) Feeling(12%) Judging(67%)

Some of the analysis are really reflective of me. "They are, in fact, sometimes mistaken for extroverts because they appear so outgoing and are so genuinely interested in people -- a product of the Feeling function they most readily show to the world. On the contrary, INFJs are true introverts, who can only be emotionally intimate and fulfilled with a chosen few from among their long-term friends, family, or obvious "soul mates."
  • 24Keffy
    Options
    The reliability of the MBTI has tested low as people often score differently weeks/years later (which doesn't seem to be the case among most of you).
    I'm just curious how much of this test reflects my actual personality compared to what I perceive it to be. For instance, it showed in my personality profile that counselling would be a well suited occupation for me. I was excited to see this as this is my career path. But then it had me thinking if I was answering these questions in a certain way to reflect this desired personality (empathetic, intuitive...). I will have to re-take it and do my best to take the test in an unbiased fashion.

I don't have to take it. I've been taking this test since I was in High School and every single time, it comes out the same, INFP.

One way to take these test without basing them, is to just answer immediately. Don't think about the question because your brain will start entering ideas and changing scenarios on you. Just answer immdiately, like your immediate gut reaction. That is your real true reaction. The longer you wait and think and contemplate, the more bias you will add and you will cloud your true reaction.

I have taken so many different personality tests throughout my psyc degree as well, I almost feel programmed to initially react/answer in the same manner. Probably for most, the gut reaction is the best way to go, but I think I have to get past my "robotic" answers and actually think of examples in my life to answer these questions properly.
    Maybe I'm over thinking the whole thing.
  • Slacker16
    Slacker16 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    INTP, Introvert(11%) iNtuitive(25%) Thinking(25%) Perceiving(33)%
    INTPs are pensive, analytical folks. They may venture so deeply into thought as to seem detached, and often actually are oblivious to the world around them.
    In other words, nerd to the core. Seems legit.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    I am an ISTJ.

The description fits me well.

Most people who know me would dispute the "I" portion though. I'm extremely hyper and talkative so I seem like an extrovert. But I am not.
  • groomchick
    groomchick Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    bump for later!
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    I am borderline on the Thinking/Feeling, so I either get INTJ or INFJ.
  • hopefaithlove24
    hopefaithlove24 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    ENTJ
  • emmey1979
    emmey1979 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm an ESFJ :)
  • 24Keffy
    Options

I don't have to take it. I've been taking this test since I was in High School and every single time, it comes out the same, INFP.

One way to take these test without basing them, is to just answer immediately. Don't think about the question because your brain will start entering ideas and changing scenarios on you. Just answer immdiately, like your immediate gut reaction. That is your real true reaction. The longer you wait and think and contemplate, the more bias you will add and you will cloud your true reaction.

I have taken so many different personality tests throughout my psyc degree as well, I almost feel programmed to initially react/answer in the same manner. Probably for most, the gut reaction is the best way to go, but I think I have to get past my "robotic" answers and actually think of examples in my life to answer these questions properly.
    Maybe I'm over thinking the whole thing.

People don't change. So, yeah, your answers will always be the same, pretty much.

I think an really interesting thing to do would be have your family and friend each do one for you, and measure their perception of you and then compare that with your perception of you and get a more rounded view. I think they have those tests. But, I digress.

People don't, but their perception of themselves may change... or their perception of what they wish to show to others. But it would definitely be interesting to have my fiancé do this test for me.
  • CassandraBurgos83
    CassandraBurgos83 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    ENFP here
  • fbthebear25
    fbthebear25 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    ESFJ FTW
  • deshannonhatala
    Options
    ENTJ
  • ScatteredThoughts
    ScatteredThoughts Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    ISTP

Introvert(67%) Sensing(75%) Thinking(100%) Perceiving(11)%

I found the results of a similar test which I had taken years ago, and the results were about the same.
  • 89nunu
    89nunu Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    I first took the test when I was 12 and got INFJ. Now, 13 years later, it still gives me INFJ - which is incredibly accurate of what I'm like! I'm apparently the rarest type, which I guess validates why I've always felt a lil weird ;)

I'm an INFJ too! And it is incredibly accurate! Spooky
  • lwoodroff
    lwoodroff Posts: 1,431 Member
    Options
    Well, I was about to say I've always been an ENFJ but much less E and much less F nowadays with a strong J preference.
    However I ran it and:

You have slight preference of Extraversion over Introversion (11%)
    You have marginal or no preference of Sensing over Intuition (1%)
    You have distinctive preference of Feeling over Thinking (62%)
    You have strong preference of Judging over Perceiving (78%)

I've never come out as an ESFJ before.

I think it can be a helpful tool but shouldn't be used to pigeon hole and certainly not as a Y/N recruitment tool (then again in France they are really into their graphology [handwriting analysis])..
  • fat2strongbeth
    fat2strongbeth Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    ISTJ here!
  • Monkey_Business
    Monkey_Business Posts: 1,800 Member
    Options
    INTJ
    Introvert(44%) iNtuitive(38%) Thinking(1%) Judging(56%)
    Exteremely accurate and VERY SPOOKY......

I do think I like this......