Water Bomb

Options
WATER BOMB!!!!! I challenge you to drink only water today, NOTHING ELSE, except Shakeology, YOUR goal is to drink 10+ 8oz glasses of Water by days end!!!! Little water fact, cold water first thing in the morning wakes up your metabolism, and Cold water before bed keeps your Metabolism working a little longer!!!! HAPPY DRINKING!!!!!!

Replies

• rabblerabble
    rabblerabble Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Other than black coffee (lots of it) early in the morning, and a protein shake (some of which I pour over my morning bowl of oatmeal), water is all I ever drink. Didn't drink a single sip of soda pop in 2013.
  • serenity56
    serenity56 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Whoops, I already had a green smoothie and cup of green tea. But still, challenge accepted! I can totally down 10 glasses of water. I think. Oh my poor bladder. Here goes nothing! ;)
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    100 kJ = 24 calories for that 500 ml. Or as they mention, 2 L for 400 kJ or 96 calories.

If you accomplished that 80 oz's (2400 mL) daily of 72 F (22 C) water, you could burn an extra 115 calories daily.

If you normally drank NO water that was cool.
    If you already drank say 5 glasses and increased to 10, that's only 57 extra calories.

Probably more worth it to actually figure out the long route to get to your water and just walk more and burn real extra calories that way. 57 calories is easily the amount of inaccuracy in a 400 cal serving in the nutrition label.

And as noted, drinking cold water doesn't "wake it up", ingesting anything causes the metabolism to rise, as does getting up in the morning, and then it's going to go right back (60 min perhaps) to whatever it was before. So drink every hour if you are going to.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/14671205

Drinking lots of water is commonly espoused in weight loss regimens and is regarded as healthy; however, few systematic studies address this notion. In 14 healthy, normal-weight subjects (seven men and seven women), we assessed the effect of drinking 500 ml of water on energy expenditure and substrate oxidation rates by using whole-room indirect calorimetry. The effect of water drinking on adipose tissue metabolism was assessed with the microdialysis technique. Drinking 500 ml of water increased metabolic rate by 30%. The increase occurred within 10 min and reached a maximum after 30-40 min. The total thermogenic response was about 100 kJ. About 40% of the thermogenic effect originated from warming the water from 22 to 37 C. In men, lipids mainly fueled the increase in metabolic rate. In contrast, in women carbohydrates were mainly used as the energy source. The increase in energy expenditure with water was diminished with systemic beta-adrenoreceptor blockade. Thus, drinking 2 liters of water per day would augment energy expenditure by approximately 400 kJ. Therefore, the thermogenic effect of water should be considered when estimating energy expenditure, particularly during weight loss programs.
  • jlg6599
    jlg6599 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I have only had water today and I'm on my 11th glass.
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    why shakeology LMFAO
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Shakeology. :grumble::grumble:
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure my metabolism will wake up without cold water. But, I assume you mean the brief increase in metabolism from drinking something cold. Several things, such as consuming calories or caffiene, exercise, even yawning will also cause a brief increase in metabolism.
  • lijsda1
    lijsda1 Posts: 169
    Options
    Shakeology is a meal replacement that you drink in the form of a shake. It is great at curbing appetite and helping to reduce cravings. I drink mine for breakfast.
  • babydiego87
    babydiego87 Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    Shakeology is a meal replacement that you drink in the form of a shake. It is great at curbing appetite and helping to reduce cravings. I drink mine for breakfast.
    you know what else is good at curbing appetite? eating proper, solid food.
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    I challenge you to BondBomb!
  • LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    you know what else is good at curbing appetite? eating proper, solid food.

QFT.

Also you stated ONLY water then follow up with 'except shakeology'

Lol no.
  • tembii
    tembii Posts: 34
    Options
    I just drink water and green tea, what else do you really need c: ?
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    WATER BOMB!!!!! I challenge you to drink only water today, NOTHING ELSE, except Shakeology, YOUR goal is to drink 10+ 8oz glasses of Water by days end!!!! Little water fact, cold water first thing in the morning wakes up your metabolism, and Cold water before bed keeps your Metabolism working a little longer!!!! HAPPY DRINKING!!!!!!

Just because you say fact doesn't make it a fact. What research/study shows that somehow cold water wakes up your metabolism?

And why except Shakeology? No other shake brands or protein shakes allowed? Subtle advertising not really subtle.

And you realize some people are hydrated at different amounts of liquid, right?
  • Cortelli
    Cortelli Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options

Challenge declined! I *will* drink more than 80 oz of water. But I will also eat some tasty food, and drink some beer and/or tequila. Thinking of trying an interesting-sounding Indian cocktail bar / appetizer bar since my brother and SIL are still in town. Yum! And I'll stay at or close to my artificially low calorie goal, so all is good!
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    ^^^%^^^ don't drown yourself! Are u a pot smoker or something?
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    I challenge you to BondBomb!

challenge-accepted.gif
  • Hauntinglyfit
    Hauntinglyfit Posts: 5,537 Member
    Options
    Smooth new sales tactic.

Hey, how's the weather? Shakeology. It has been snowing for quite a few days here. Shakeology. I am loving it, it made the holidays so much better. Shakeology. I still have my Christmas tree up, the Shakeology bag i got as a gift still under it. PM me if you'd like to talk about the weather some more.
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    No.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options

It's also good at reducing the amount of money in your wallet.
  • lijsda1
    lijsda1 Posts: 169
    Options
    Whats with all the negativity? Water is healthy and most people don't drink enough of it. Don't rain on my Shakeology parade!!!!!