5 Hidden Costs of the Dating Market

Options

Replies

• salladeve
    salladeve Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    you forgot to factor in the cost of roofies. they are a necessary expense for those who make lists like this.

:laugh: :laugh: :drinker:
    I haven't read this whole thing yet, but this really made me laugh, and it is exactly what I was thinking!

The best line of this whole sh!tty post is "having a pad within walking distance of the major bars in the bar scenes is an amplifier towards getting one night stands" This says it all. This dude is not looking for a relationship, and he will never find one with this type of attitude. He is looking for a quick bang, and he can get that for much less cash on nearly every street corner in "most major metropolitan areas".
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options

Hello, I represent the International Committee of Your *kitten*.
    While typically people pull information like this from us, we won't even claim responsibility for whatever this is.

My guess is he got dumped for being an *kitten*!

as the MFP union official representing burros, donkeys, and *kitten*, i feel it is my duty to announce that the OP is NOT a member, has never been a member, nor will ever be a member of BDA local 387.
  • WeepingAngel81
    WeepingAngel81 Posts: 2,232 Member
    Options

While typically people pull information like this from us, we won't even claim responsibility for whatever this is.

as the MFP union official representing burros, donkeys, and *kitten*, i feel it is my duty to announce that the OP is NOT a member, has never been a member, nor will ever be a member of BDA local 387.

Whew! You retain credibility in my book!
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options

Whew! You retain credibility in my book!

we may be little more than a collection of dumbasses, smartasses, and *kitten*... but we do have membership standards!
  • marvybells
    marvybells Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    In developed nations, in particular in the USA, more women are earning Bachelor's Degrees than men, which has been impacting the dating marketplace. Single childless women in their 20s in major metropolitan areas have been out earning their male peers of the same age, having wide ranging implications.

TLDR the entire thing, but this rocks ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ women are awesome, that is all. Keep up the good work ladies and only date men who deserve you. You know, like men who don't think about dating too much and instead think about how to make you laugh.

i read a blog once that said women don't like to laugh... so, i'm calling shenanigans on your advice!

shenanigans-south-park.jpg?w=480

everybody grab a broom!
  • Some_Watery_Tart
    Some_Watery_Tart Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • moosegt35
    moosegt35 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options

My guess is he trolls you all and all the feminists get bent out of whack, therefore what he is trying to do is working.
  • WeepingAngel81
    WeepingAngel81 Posts: 2,232 Member
    Options

My guess is he trolls you all and all the feminists get bent out of whack, therefore what he is trying to do is working.

Would be true if I was a feminist. Feminist or not, the result is the same
  • Some_Watery_Tart
    Some_Watery_Tart Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options

user6133_pic34477_1326494238.jpg
  • Mother_Superior
    Mother_Superior Posts: 1,624 Member
    Options
    tumblr_m3cq0zozXC1rt8i4vo1_500.gif
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options

I am a feminist, however I am not "bent out of whack".
  • red_road
    red_road Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    george-clooney-descendants.gif
  • walleyclan1
    walleyclan1 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    I don't know who you're dating, but none of these "costs" have affected me. I admire my current girlfriend for how much money she DOESN'T spend and how much she DOESN'T care about whether I have/spend money. I offered to take her to a movie over Xmas and she said it would be a waste of money, so we cooked at home and had netflix. This isn't after years of dating, it's been just a few months long distance! It's sad that people stereotype all women as shallow money-hungry fiends, that's kinda how OP came across.

If you're that concerned about money, find a partner who shares your values. They are out there!

If you are spending on these things to get a girl, you are perpetuating the problem. If those things are not important to you, don't spend money on them and find a woman who is not materialistic.
  • RivenV
    RivenV Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    41806-Emma-Stone-are-you-crying-gif-71rm.gif
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    tumblr_m7lf26pLN91qzuqdro1_500_zps86e5210f.gif
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options

I don't see anyone here arguing with each other as to the validity of OP's post. For one shining moment everyone is commenting with a similar, if not the same purpose: To let OP how lame his attempt to bait are and how profoundly stupid they come across. Nobody is getting bent out of whack, we're all laugh at the same joke.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I was able to glean one thing from this thread, I added "no crocs'' to my dating list :laugh:

Ok so I am nowhere near 20's or 30's so I have no idea of their issues, but I can tell you not one of the 3 of my children have SO that give a crap about one thing on that list, and I :love: adore them all.

As for me if a date is clean, well spoken, polite, has a phone, isn't afraid to text (my age group you'd be surprised :laugh: ), doesn't grab my *kitten* the first time we meet, well.............he gets date number 2 :drinker:

Sure we both have to shave, so money was involved in buying razors I didn't see that on your list anywhere. When I was married we did this also. As for makeup, hair, eyebrows, nails/pedi........same thing when I was married. The spouse had to get his hair cut, have a phone, drive a reliable veh and we owned a house in a desirable area.

Just do not see a thing on that list that would make me say WOAH>...........seriously???? End of date! :huh:

But like I said, no crocs :tongue:
  • Mad_Dog_Muscle
    Mad_Dog_Muscle Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    Good Read
  • jeremywm1977
    jeremywm1977 Posts: 657 Member
    Options

I don't see anyone here arguing with each other as to the validity of OP's post. For one shining moment everyone is commenting with a similar, if not the same purpose: To let OP how lame his attempt to bait are and how profoundly stupid they come across. Nobody is getting bent out of whack, we're all laugh at the same joke.

There is a strange harmony that is seen here.
    The OP has brought us all together, and as one, we collectively have informed him that he is a moron, an idiot, and extremely lame. This union has given me faith about our species.......I believe that peace and good tidings will envelop us all for now and into the future...................or at least until the next forum topic about "rude and sarcastic people", "a cleanse", "eating below 1200 calories", "strength or cardio", "to paleo or not to paleo", and "Beachbody" enrages the masses.