LCHF/KETO - New WOE seeking friends to share food diary.

Options

Replies

• Tigredia
    Tigredia Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Thank you - I hope a lower carb count will help. Have you looked at the different Swedish diet sites. There are several.
  • zivasak
    zivasak Posts: 88
    Options
    Anyone in here is welcome to add me. I would love to have more Keto Pals. My diary is open.

And if like me you drink some brut sparkling wine once in a while ( March seemed to have brought 2 to 3 flutes a week after 2 full months of abstinence), I would love to have your views on this and only keto-related. High carbers are welcome to join on the subject of alcohol but I am looking for a healthy debate without emotions.
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    I drank regularly while doing my initial weight loss on Atkins, factored it in as part of the calories. Alcohol may be processed as a priority by the liver but over a day you have to match the energy used somehow.
  • squatduchess24
    Options
    I've been playing with the idea of keto for a while, I've had really bad binge eating problems with sugar for a long time. Trying a 5-10% fat, 20-25% protein, 65-75% fat split. Feel free to add! My diary should be public.

I also lift heavy if anybody here does that too! :o)
  • stampadhesive
    Options
    I've been doing a true keto diet with a goal of 5% carbs but some days go up to 10%. I do it in bursts to maximize effectiveness and to ensure I don't just gain back all the weight when I stop the diet. I try to do 2-3 weeks of strict keto then a week or two off (but I don't go crazy.) I've been doing it since Dec. 27th and have lost over 20 pounds. I went off for 2 weeks at the end of January and only had minimal weight gain back (3 pounds or so.) My way of doing it seems to be working for me. Feel free to add me. My diary is open.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    I have been a member since 2009. I have done low carb before and was successful to a point. Now, all the weight is back and I have finally faced the fact that low carb must be my lifestyle. I would really appreciate supportive friends and those who would share their lchf food diary.:smile:

I really hate to sound snarky..... but if it didn't work before and you regained all the weight (which is crazy unhealthy) WHY in god's name are you trying it again? It's restrictive and unmanageable and absolutely NOT NECESSARY!! Just create a caloric deficit that isn't too large and you're good. All low carb does is create a deficit!! Please don't torture yourself needlessly. I guarantee you'll be back here in a years time or even less complaining of regain again.

I don't really follow your logic. No matter what diet you choose, if you stop doing it and revert back to your old habits you will gain weight back. Additionally, you do not know the reasons why she stopped. I have stopped once because I just graduated from school and had a few months until I started a new job and I didn't have employment during that time and so I had to stretch what little money I had - keto diets can be expensive. Perhaps she got back on the diet because it worked for her and she didn't hate it.

I have been on keto for awhile now and I love it. I feel great, my blood work has improved, I am always satiated, snacking is reduced, and it has to be the most painless and enjoyable diet I have every been on once I became keto adapted.

When you say things like "all low carb does is create a deficit" it become clear that you are not very familiar with what it actually does. The main strength of diets like keto IMHO is that due to the high fat and moderate protein you feel satiated and you stop snacking. It is much easier to maintain the calorie defect that you need to lose weight when you aren't hungry.

yes, but you are still creating a calorie deficit by eating less carbs…

If you ate over maintenance while doing Keto you would gain weight…

It seems odd that OP did low carb, lost weight, gained it all back, and wants to now go back to what did not end up working for her in the long run …
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options
    I have been a member since 2009. I have done low carb before and was successful to a point. Now, all the weight is back and I have finally faced the fact that low carb must be my lifestyle. I would really appreciate supportive friends and those who would share their lchf food diary.:smile:

I really hate to sound snarky..... but if it didn't work before and you regained all the weight (which is crazy unhealthy) WHY in god's name are you trying it again? It's restrictive and unmanageable and absolutely NOT NECESSARY!! Just create a caloric deficit that isn't too large and you're good. All low carb does is create a deficit!! Please don't torture yourself needlessly. I guarantee you'll be back here in a years time or even less complaining of regain again.

I don't really follow your logic. No matter what diet you choose, if you stop doing it and revert back to your old habits you will gain weight back. Additionally, you do not know the reasons why she stopped. I have stopped once because I just graduated from school and had a few months until I started a new job and I didn't have employment during that time and so I had to stretch what little money I had - keto diets can be expensive. Perhaps she got back on the diet because it worked for her and she didn't hate it.

I have been on keto for awhile now and I love it. I feel great, my blood work has improved, I am always satiated, snacking is reduced, and it has to be the most painless and enjoyable diet I have every been on once I became keto adapted.

When you say things like "all low carb does is create a deficit" it become clear that you are not very familiar with what it actually does. The main strength of diets like keto IMHO is that due to the high fat and moderate protein you feel satiated and you stop snacking. It is much easier to maintain the calorie defect that you need to lose weight when you aren't hungry.

It seems odd that OP did low carb, lost weight, gained it all back, and wants to now go back to what did not end up working for her in the long run …

You over on this thread pushing IIFYM ndj?
  • ndj1979
    Options

since I do not IIFYM ..I cannot push something I am not a part of …

I am just curious why OP is going back to something that lead to failure …

Is this a closed group?
  • tennisdude2004
    Options

Is this a closed group?

No but the OP was seeking keto friend - sorry bud but that ain't you.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options

Is this a closed group?

It never hurts to offer alternatives that are proven to be sustainable. the low-carb option already proved unsustainable for OP once.
  • ndj1979
    Options

Is this a closed group?

if the OP had been keto is working for me fine and I want Keto friends….then yes, I suppose your right.

However, OP said she did low carb, lost weight, gained it, and now wants to go back to what failed her…which, I believe, is the definition of insanity…

and since it is not a private group, I do not need your permission to post…bud...
  • tennisdude2004
    Options

Is this a closed group?

It never hurts to offer alternatives that are proven to be sustainable. the low-carb option already proved unsustainable for OP once.

It's the Rick roller.

I think the OP has been quite specific, she's trying keto again, as the first time maybe it wasn't the right time or circumstance.

You talk of sustainability - just because something may not be sustainable for you doesn't mean it's not for others. Millions of people enjoy the benefits of low carb.

Just saying.
  • bpotts44
    bpotts44 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options

Is this a closed group?

if the OP had been keto is working for me fine and I want Keto friends….then yes, I suppose your right.

However, OP said she did low carb, lost weight, gained it, and now wants to go back to what failed her…which, I believe, is the definition of insanity…

and since it is not a private group, I do not need your permission to post…bud...

The OP was successful on keto and then for whatever reasons stopped and probably went back to old habits. Therefore, the keto diet wasn't the problem it was compliance. The OP is actually going back to what worked previously. This seems like a very logical choice actually.
  • tennisdude2004
    Options

Is this a closed group?

Fair enough.
  • mccindy72
    Options

Is this a closed group?

It's the Rick roller.

I think the OP has been quite specific, she's trying keto again, as the first time maybe it wasn't the right time or circumstance.

You talk of sustainability - just because something may not be sustainable for you doesn't mean it's not for others. Millions of people enjoy the benefits of low carb.

Just saying.

the majority of people who fail a diet, fail because they are unable to sustain the deprivation. The most sustainable system is one where deprivation is not part of the program.

Just saying.
  • tennisdude2004
    Options

Is this a closed group?

It's the Rick roller.

Just saying.

the majority of people who fail a diet, fail because they are unable to sustain the deprivation. The most sustainable system is one where deprivation is not part of the program.

Just saying.

You seem to know a lot about why people fail diets, so how many people fail calorie counting ?
  • mdallas6
    mdallas6 Posts: 95 Member
    Options

Is this a closed group?

It's the Rick roller.

Just saying.

Just saying.

You seem to know a lot about why people fail diets, so how many people fail calorie counting ?
    lol high five!
  • ALNoog
    ALNoog Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I don't know much about Keto so I'm not doing it but I am doing Atkins induction and plan to for a while. I keep my carbs 25 or lower a day. Would love more friends doing similar.

I had the same circumstances as OP... Did Atkins... Lost 89 pounds in 5 months and then had major financial problems and also lived on ramen .... and hand outs and gained it back. But now money isn't an object nor will it be AND it's a more of a medical necessity to eat this way among other things... So here I am and here I shall stay :)
  • bpotts44
    bpotts44 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options

Is this a closed group?

It's the Rick roller.

Just saying.

Just saying.

Calorie counting is deprivation over the long term and tons of people gain their weight back.
  • mccindy72
    Options
    To follow any of the logic of 'people fail calorie counting so why do it' is ridiculous. Then why try anything? No matter which diet you follow, the basic premise of any of them of them is creating a calorie deficit. Whether you actually count the calories or not, the fact that you eliminate a food source creates a deficit and causes weight loss. Therefore, it's false logic to say that counting calories will fail. You might as well say all diets will fail. A person is much more likely to be successful in a calorie deficit that doesn't require him to feel deprived of a specific food, than to try to follow a diet plan that requires him to give up one or many specific foods.