Loose Skin- the real deal

Options
Lifting heavy/building muscle will not get rid of it. Getting to a super low body fat % wont get rid of it. Even when it gets super thin, it still will look bad. It does get better with time but just a small amount. The problem with lose skin is it is no longer "connected" to the muscle underneath. How long and by how much you were over weight, age and genetics seem to be the only things that matter. (side note I have never tried aas's or peptides). If you want to say otherwise you need to post up some before and after pics or it didn't happen.

So here is my pic of single % body fat + 2 years of weight lifting. I have been even leaner then in this pic but I just felt cold and tired all the time and it still didn't help (and everyone though I looked sick too).
VMj22M6.jpg

Replies

• CynthiaT60
    CynthiaT60 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    Wow, you've done really well, 128 pounds!! Thanks for the pics! Back and arms look especially great! How long has it been since you lost the weight?
    Hope you don't mind the question. I'm very interested myself, fearing loose skin as I do (but I'm not near that point yet, lol).
  • 6mimi
    6mimi Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    What a terrific weight loss and muscle gain! Thanks for sharing your story on loose skin. :flowerforyou:
  • prosperkat
    prosperkat Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Well done on your weight loss! Thank you very much for posting. I plan to work the coconut oil / weight training / time (2 years after maintenance) route - but realistically believe I will need skin removal surgery once I get the weight off....
  • CrusaderSam
    CrusaderSam Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I have been about the same weight for a year now. You shouldn't fear loose skin, in the end it doesn't matter. It's more in your own mind then anything else.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,123 Member
    Options
    Even with loose skin, I would rather look like that than fat.
  • amynoelhall1
    amynoelhall1 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    You look GREAT, and thanks for your honesty. I have some loose skin on my stomach after pregnancy and am planning to have another baby next year. I was hoping I could diet it away. It's good for me to adjust my expectations a bit.
  • starrylioness
    starrylioness Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    You look incredible! Congrats on your success! I think you look fantastic.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,625 Member
    Options
    I think you look great too.
  • FabulouslyMade
    Options
    Sorry to mess up your post intentions but holy cow! You look great!
  • pienthesky32
    pienthesky32 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    You are so right, and I will be in the same boat as you (minus most of the awesome muscles). Being stretched out for too many years at 300 pounds, and over 40 before deciding to do anything about it, not a good combo. I'm anxious for the day that it's just thin skin and not so much fluff under it pulling it down.

Love your progress, thanks for the pics. People need to see this, it is the reality. I, too, believe that it's more on your own mind than others, and that is something a person just needs to get over. Your health is number one. At this point you should only worry about 'not' filling that skin back out! Great job!
  • rachmaree
    rachmaree Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Holy smokes you look amazing!! What fantastic results, I got goosebumps seeing your pictures!
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    what's your height? how quickly did you lose the weight? how long were you obese? etc.
  • paladinmfp
    paladinmfp Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hey,

I'm envious of your weight loss, yet also very much insprired. I lost 40 pounds last year, and need to lose about 60 more to just be considered overweight and not obese.

I expect to have loose skin at the end of this journey too. Given what you've gone through, I will likely just not worry about it. I'm already feeling blessed about the improved stamina, and health benefits of carrying around less weight.
  • CrusaderSam
    Options
    what's your height? how quickly did you lose the weight? how long were you obese? etc.

5'11", lost about 1% body weight a week and was obese ever since the 4th grade, so a very long time.
  • BrainyBurro
    Options

5'11", lost about 1% body weight a week and was obese ever since the 4th grade, so a very long time.

so you lost it all in a year or less and you had stretched out skin for ~20 years?

those are two big factors everyone points to regarding the odds of having loose skin.

you're still young and maybe in another few years it will look much better, but did you talk to anybody about skin reduction surgery? if so, what did they have to say after examining you? did they suggest you give it a couple more years?
  • mrsgrimsdale
    Options
    Fab bod. I am scared of ending up with loose skin starting out to lose 140lb+ and over 50 but if I can look half as good as you I'll be happy. Thanks for this inspirational thread.
  • CrusaderSam
    Options
    Why should have skin reduction surgery? Losing weight and getting muscles doesn't make women throw themselves at me or gotten me a super awesome job. So having some loose skin isn't going to make me a bad person. I have to say I don't feel great about having all the extra skin but it isn't the end of the world. I even have some lose skin on my arms and they stayed almost the same size as I lost all the weight. Once the skin gets detached from the muscle it doesn't matter what you do. Just wanted to let people know almost all the factors of getting lose skin are out of your control(other then surgery).
  • elyelyse
    elyelyse Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    you're still young and maybe in another few years it will look much better
    I'd love to see some photos of anyone who was overweight for that long and lost that much, even slowly, who ended up with minimal loose skin and an almost flat belly (without surgery). To me, that seems as realistic as the tooth fairy. I'm not saying that to be snarky, that's just the best way I can put it!

So...anyone?
    As the OP said: post up some before and after pics or it didn't happen
  • BrainyBurro
    Options
    Why should have skin reduction surgery? Losing weight and getting muscles doesn't make women throw themselves at me or gotten me a super awesome job. So having some loose skin isn't going to make me a bad person. I have to say I don't feel great about having all the extra skin but it isn't the end of the world. I even have some lose skin on my arms and they stayed almost the same size as I lost all the weight. Once the skin gets detached from the muscle it doesn't matter what you do. Just wanted to let people know almost all the factors of getting lose skin are out of your control(other then surgery).

i was just wondering if you'd had a medical opinion from somebody who specialized in that specific issue, that's all.
  • hamminit
    hamminit Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Great job !!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!