Loose Skin- the real deal

Options

Replies

• broox80
    broox80 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    First of all.......awesome!!!! Just awesome! !!
    Second of all......skin wont kill us, but excess fat can!!!
    Third...........AWESOME! !!!! :)
  • don3_16
    don3_16 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • kristarablue2
    kristarablue2 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    First, you look AMAZING..WOW..incredible!!!! Second you mentioned your going bald..honey I love a good shiny dome!! If you go for the shiny dome, make sure its always shaved....soooooooo sexy....that and the muscles + awesome attitude+ handsome face...HOT!!! You got it going on!
  • colibri23
    colibri23 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    One of the best success stories I've ever seen on this site!! Based on your OP and the follow up replies to people, It seems like you have a strong sense of self and what is/isn't important in life. Great job, great honesty, and great post.
  • 199WillDo
    199WillDo Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    You look AMAZING! I do not know how true this is but I have been told that if you contact a burn trauma center they can lead you to resources that will remove the skin for free. Once again I do not know how true this is.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Hey, your shoulders and back look fantastic. Just sayin'.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    How long has it been since the loss?

I've heard that after 1-1/2 years of maintaining the loss your skin may slightly get better (depending on age, genetics, elasticity, the amount of weight you lost, etc.) but what you have left at that point is not going to change.

The only real option I've heard of is wait for a year to a year and a half and see what it looks like. Then determine if its still bad or unpleasing enough to warrant surgical options. This of course can be costly, and some find the scaring, risks, and price to be deterring.

Eta: I just read you didn't want surgery. I was confused about the purpose of this post initially. I thought the above was common knowledge- I didn't know anyone thought it went away on its own. Regardless, congrats! You look great. :)
  • ProgressNotPerfection32
    Options
    Amazing job!!! Congrats on the amazing loss, you look incredible! After 72 gone (and 20-ish to go) and 2 children, I, too have loose skin on my entire body. I love seeing your confidence, makes me feel better about my body image and less self conscience. Even though I hate it, I can't see spending the money on it, and not too keen on the pain involved.......
  • Daisyisacat
    Options
    Wow-great work. Has the excess skin caused you any non-cosmetic problems - like ulcers or sores or negatively impacted your ability to exercise?
  • blkericia
    blkericia Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    wonderful job congrats i was wants 385lbs i lost over 180lbs my skin is very loose but i believe in time some of it will shrink if i kept my weight off, you are amazing thank you for sharing!
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    You look great! Bangworthy.
  • FitnFeistyLyness
    FitnFeistyLyness Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    i have released 207 pounds.. so far.. i dont have alot of loose skin.. its a big fear i have always had i have about 30 more pounds to go. my goal weight is 135

i started at 370 pounds.. i am now 163..

im not sure how to post pics in this reply.
  • FitnFeistyLyness
    FitnFeistyLyness Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    you look amazing.. thanks for the new outlook on lose skin. its beyond our control..
  • weightedfootsteps
    weightedfootsteps Posts: 4,349 Member
    Options
    You look great! You have done a fantastic job and have a wonderful positive outlook on the loose skin (war-wounds) :)

I am positive I will have plenty of loose skin left over as well...not fearing it much, just hoping it will be less than I think it will be. I think that's the big fear is how much loose skin will be left after all the hard work and determination it takes to reach goal.

Again: Amazing Job! You rock! :)
  • AsianSuperfly
    AsianSuperfly Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    bump will be coming back to this post.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    IDK?...bump
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    One of the best success stories I've ever seen on this site!! Based on your OP and the follow up replies to people, It seems like you have a strong sense of self and what is/isn't important in life. Great job, great honesty, and great post.
    :heart:
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    You really do look great!! Excellent work!
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    You look great and you've done fantastic on weight loss and muscle gain!!! I lost 74lb and have a bit of lose skin on my belly. I admire your honesty, I know how hard it can be to show people. time well tell how much of the loose skin is here to stay But being fit is by far the most important thing!!
    Thank you for sharing :-)
    I agree with so many of the earlier posts... to lose the weight and be left with loose skin is by far healthier than keeping 100+ lbs on our bodies.
    What a great job getting fit you've done and what a truly healthy attitude toward it you have. You've opened peoples eyes with your candid and honest thread.

Yes unfortunately some ppl do believe a lotion or creme will get rid of loose skin, but that's always mystified me.. how on earth would lotion remove the skin.:noway:

I think as you did, to simply deal with reality from the getgo seems the healthier way to go. I've read a number of posts on MFP of ppl wanting to stay fat rather than risking living with loose skin. To me that's both amazing and sad! I vote for healthy weight loss with possible loose skin rather than staying fat, sad and unhealthy. Cheers for your honesty and thank you!:drinker: :happy:
  • justursh
    Options
    You know...I have 8.6 stone to lose and so I read this with interest as by the end of this, I'll literally be almost half my current size.

I also am a little scared of the idea of carrying around loose skin...but I looked at your pictures and all I thought was.....

Battle Scars of a war won. Battle scars to show how far you have come.

Some things we should be proud of, and if we get loose skin, maybe that's one of them. It proved how far we have come. Anyone who judges you on your skin colour wouldn't be worth your time and effort, I suppose the same could be said about loose skin.

If I was your partner - I'd be proud of you for who you are and celebrating your achievements with you....not focussing on a bit of loose skin.

Thank you...this post helped me
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!