Profile photographs

Options

Replies

• NormInv
    NormInv Posts: 3,293 Member
    Options
    Why do some of you feel the need to show sexy/suggestive photographs?

Ok, so I admit I'm old, but I would never have felt the need to do that, when I was young and attractive.

It is a health and fitness site!!!

i find your arm position very suggestive. i got and instant...

ARM????:laugh:

i'll hump your (sorry you're) arm in a jiffy (lube)
  • b3st
    b3st Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    Well this is going great....lol
  • FindingMyPerfection
    FindingMyPerfection Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    I totally understand wanting to show off the new you but why show your crotch???? LOL!

Thank you!!! LOL I'm pretty sure we don't lose weight there.
    I have had to buy smaller panties multiple times and am proud of that fact. When I can fit into the sexy Victoria secret ones you better believe I will celebrate with pics!
  • NormInv
    Options

dude even an xray wont show any equipment!!!
  • Minxy103
    Options

Yours was one of those photographs.:laugh:
  • toddis
    toddis Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    If you are going to go to the effort of putting up scintillating pics at least have them in focus and not grainy!
  • THECaptainObvious
    THECaptainObvious Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I totally understand wanting to show off the new you but why show your crotch???? LOL!

Thank you!!! LOL I'm pretty sure we don't lose weight there.
    I have had to buy smaller panties multiple times and am proud of that fact. When I can fit into the sexy Victoria secret ones you better believe I will celebrate with pics!

Great :D Congratulations!
  • Minxy103
    Options
    I want to make it abundantly clear to everyone that I'm a giant *kitten*.

OR, I'm really proud of the hard work that went into making my stomach look like this, so I'm gonna show it off. That stomach held 2 babies and I've lost over 50lbs.

Just joined and one of the oldest here. Drink problem??? LOL! Yes - don't get enough...............

nothing wrong with being a *kitten* & wearing less close does not a *kitten*/slut make

congratulations :love: :smile:

Just not the right site IMO. I think it's great to show off well-toned bodies, after all the hard work but why show sussies etc. and nothing much more???? Very puzzled but maybe these people have lacked so much attention, in the past or have faces like melted wellies. Scottish expression.:laugh:

Wow. Judge much? I suppose if we're going to make gross assumptions based on profile pics we can assume you prefer to laze on the couch rather than exercise, and you have a drinking problem.
  • salladeve
    salladeve Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    I think minxy as a username suggests suggestive suggestiveness.

Not hating on it :)

Most of us just want to show off our new better bodies.

Yours shows your new body but isn't suggestive. Far more acceptable.

OK, now you really are going too far. Who are you to say what is acceptable or not? Did all the MFP moderators drop dead and make you queen of this site? If you don't like this site the way it is, or if the other members hard work (that they have every right to show off), offends you in some way then don't participate in the message boards.

Done!
  • lydiaannepage
    lydiaannepage Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Oh everyone calm down... it's obviously just a mental generation gap. Some of those people who didn't grow up in the age of technology just don't understand the big ol' internet world. *big cheers* for those who embrace their bodies and use a fitness site to show off their new physique *thumbs down* to those who just want to use the message boards to be negative. Keep looking sexy MFPers! :wink: :laugh:
  • PhoenixStrikes
    PhoenixStrikes Posts: 587 Member
    Options

OP is silent. I can only assume you're obviously slore (credit Hayley) profile pic has caused her to have a major meltdown.
  • Minxy103
    Options
    If you are going to go to the effort of putting up scintillating pics at least have them in focus and not grainy!

Whose?
  • djxil
    djxil Posts: 357
    Options
    When I get in shape, will I post myself looking provocative, in repose, in a puddle of rose peddles, wow, now I need to scrub my brain, yuck, anyway, would I, pose without a shirt, showing off rock-hard, well-fought for abs, hell yeah! Would I post it, when I get there, I will let you know.

To each, their own, losing weight is a long, hard, winding road with road blocks and detours, if posting sexy, provocative shots makes the journey easier, I say, do it.
  • DanIsACyclingFool
    DanIsACyclingFool Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Many many many people on this site, me included, are emerging from years of neglect, self-doubt, and even self-loathing, which is intimately tied to our physicality. It is only as we get further along and start to gain confidence that we start to think that hmmm, maybe, just possibly, we might be of interest to someone else.

The internet affords a safety buffer that allows people to act in a way that maybe they'd like to but are scared to risk IRL. It's kind of a dress rehearsal for being sexy IRL.

And the impetus for many people getting off their butts and hitting the fitness thing is a failing marriage. After the divorce, as the dust settles, we are going to want to connect with new people. That often starts with catching someone's eye, and often it takes a series of steps to increase the self-confidence.

Add to that the fact that people on here make INCREDIBLE transformations, and DESERVE recognition. A lot of the results are simply NOT VISIBLE when fully clothed. Getting abs is HARD. Having toned legs or a shapely rear is HARD. Building muscle is HARD. Why do you post your kid's report card on the fridge? Because you're PROUD. People deserve recognition for their hard work and dedication, and more than that they serve as an inspiration to others not quite as far down the path.

There is room for everyone's outlooks on life in this world. Those that want to be demure, can. Those that want to flaunt it, can. Everyone should keep their judgmental opinions to themselves, IMO, and live and let live. It's not hurting you. Frankly, I'm amazed at how tempered the response to your judgment has been (so far).
  • Minxy103
    Options

OP is silent. I can only assume you're obviously slore (credit Hayley) profile pic has caused her to have a major meltdown.

Been posting dear, been posting but I am having my dinner now and have a life outwith MFP.
  • NormInv
    Options
    Many many many people on this site, me included, are emerging from years of neglect, self-doubt, and even self-loathing, which is intimately tied to our physicality. It is only as we get further along and start to gain confidence that we start to think that hmmm, maybe, just possibly, we might be of interest to someone else.

The internet affords a safety buffer that allows people to act in a way that maybe they'd like to but are scared to risk IRL. It's kind of a dress rehearsal for being sexy IRL.

And the impetus for many people getting off their butts and hitting the fitness thing is a failing marriage. After the divorce, as the dust settles, we are going to want to connect with new people. That often starts with catching someone's eye, and often it takes a series of steps to increase the self-confidence.

Add to that the fact that people on here make INCREDIBLE transformations, and DESERVE recognition. A lot of the results are simply NOT VISIBLE when fully clothed. Getting abs is HARD. Having toned legs or a shapely rear is HARD. Building muscle is HARD. Why do you post you're kid's report card on the fridge? Because you're PROUD. People deserve recognition for their hard work and dedication, and more than that they serve as an inspiration to others not quite as far down the path.

There is room for everyone's outlooks on life in this world. Those that want to be demure, can. Those that want to flaunt it, can. Everyone should keep their judgmental opinions to themselves, IMO, and live and let live. It's not hurting you. Frankly, I'm amazed at how tempered the response to your judgment has been (so far).

tl;dr
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    52693211_3858.jpg

Nevermind all these people, they just don't get it. *smh*

Can I top off your drink Minxy? That's rum and diet coke right?768px-Halloween_2009_Austin_bartender.jpg

GET OFF HER LAWN!!!
  • Minxy103
    Options

Add to that the fact that people on here make INCREDIBLE transformations, and DESERVE recognition. A lot of the results are simply NOT VISIBLE when fully clothed. Getting abs is HARD. Having toned legs or a shapely rear is HARD. Building muscle is HARD. Why do you post you're kid's report card on the fridge? Because you're PROUD. People deserve recognition for their hard work and dedication, and more than that they serve as an inspiration to others not quite as far down the path.

• Minxy103
    Options

Exactly why I'm asking the need. I'm not sending them to damnation.

• b3st
    b3st Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    52693211_3858.jpg

Nevermind all these people, they just don't get it. *smh*

Can I top off your drink Minxy? That's rum and diet coke right?768px-Halloween_2009_Austin_bartender.jpg

GET OFF HER LAWN!!!

She's hawt.