Profile photographs

Options

Replies

• SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,932 Member
    Options
    I feel sorry for those that find their bodies repulsive or the idea of sex so repulsive that they have to judge others for loving themselves.

Maybe it's religion. Maybe it's upbringing. But I really don't see that as healthy.

Believe me, I'm no prude. Just a time and place for everything. I keep saying I am NOT talking about well-toned bodies here - I think most of you have missed the point and don't understand what photo's made me ask the question.

Time and place for everything? Why not here and now? Or are we all here for the same reason?

There is only one person on this planet that you can control, and many people have trouble even getting that far.

Learn to focus more on you and less on everyone else. Life is a hell of a lot more pleasant that way.

FFS! Who is 'controlling'? That is up to MFP!!!! Jeezo!

Drink more and sit more. It's doing wonders for you and your personality
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna go with: Because I want to.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Well OP's gone now, said BYEEEEEEEEEE and everything....now what?

Moving-animated-picture-of-stirring-a-drink.gif

I can't drink this drink for 24 more minutes.
  • tehboxingkitteh
    tehboxingkitteh Posts: 1,574 Member
    Options
    That's enough internet for today, Nana.
    enough-internet-cat.gif
  • lacurandera1
    lacurandera1 Posts: 8,083 Member
    Options
    Once im as hot as I want to be, I intend to lay around naked pretty much everywhere which will allow it.

Unfortunately, MFP will not. :laugh:

Diff'rnt strokes. Invest your energy elsewhere.
  • b3st
    b3st Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    Meh, I think that b3st's fab crotch shot made someone a little tingly in the southern region and now someone is embarrassed and is trying to ban all sexy from MFP.

I say put on your sexiest undergarments, set the timer on your camera and get on with your bad self. Maybe then you'll understand why so many of us that bust our *kitten* feel the need to show off our hard work.

:drinker:

I had to cover up....she moved from the couch...:bigsmile:
  • GeminiBridget
    GeminiBridget Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    hehehehehe (yes I am wearing pants)

hSumAS4.jpg

Washboard stomach in full effect! *high five*
  • imaginaryplant
    imaginaryplant Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I find the name "Minxy" to be a lot more suggestive than most of the pictures here. These people have worked EXTREMELY hard for what you see in their profile pictures. They are posting it because this website is about improving their bodies and health. Why wouldn't you praise them for their major accomplishments?

I think the promotion of healthy self body image is possibly about as important as promoting good health and a fit body.

If people feel confident in their accomplishments, who are you or anyone else to suggest they censor themselves just to make you feel better? Not only that, but you just sex shamed a whole bunch of people in here. This is 2014. Women should be able to be overtly sexual on their own terms, not based on the terms you give them.
  • homerjspartan
    homerjspartan Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    I want to make it abundantly clear to everyone that I'm a giant *kitten*.

OR, I'm really proud of the hard work that went into making my stomach look like this, so I'm gonna show it off. That stomach held 2 babies and I've lost over 50lbs.

I didn't even see your stomach in the photo....I just keep starin' at yur cooter.
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    Why do some of you feel the need to show sexy/suggestive photographs?

Ok, so I admit I'm old, but I would never have felt the need to do that, when I was young and attractive.

It is a health and fitness site!!!

Why do you feel the need to start such a judgemental thread?

We know what site it is, thanks.
  • DanIsACyclingFool
    DanIsACyclingFool Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Old is no excuse for being judgmental.

The Nana comment was good, but this isn't bad either!
  • GeminiBridget
    Options
    Why do you care? :huh:

Ones like yours....were you deprived of attention?

Um yeah I am so deprived. :yawn:

@Random: Your picture is perfectly fine in my opinion. Since when do well shaped legs with stockings on too provocative? Must I insert Miley Cyrus twerking footage?? Judgmental folks need to kick rocks!
  • GeminiBridget
    Options
    That's enough internet for today, Nana.
    enough-internet-cat.gif

HILARIOUS! DWL!
  • Minxy103
    Options
    Well OP's gone now, said BYEEEEEEEEEE and everything....now what?

Moving-animated-picture-of-stirring-a-drink.gif

I can't drink this drink for 24 more minutes.

Gone but not forgotten. A friend request????? LOL!
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    Many many many people on this site, me included, are emerging from years of neglect, self-doubt, and even self-loathing, which is intimately tied to our physicality. It is only as we get further along and start to gain confidence that we start to think that hmmm, maybe, just possibly, we might be of interest to someone else.

The internet affords a safety buffer that allows people to act in a way that maybe they'd like to but are scared to risk IRL. It's kind of a dress rehearsal for being sexy IRL.

And the impetus for many people getting off their butts and hitting the fitness thing is a failing marriage. After the divorce, as the dust settles, we are going to want to connect with new people. That often starts with catching someone's eye, and often it takes a series of steps to increase the self-confidence.

Exactly why I'm asking the need. I'm not sending them to damnation.

Add to that the fact that people on here make INCREDIBLE transformations, and DESERVE recognition. A lot of the results are simply NOT VISIBLE when fully clothed. Getting abs is HARD. Having toned legs or a shapely rear is HARD. Building muscle is HARD. Why do you post you're kid's report card on the fridge? Because you're PROUD. People deserve recognition for their hard work and dedication, and more than that they serve as an inspiration to others not quite as far down the path.

There is room for everyone's outlooks on life in this world. Those that want to be demure, can. Those that want to flaunt it, can. Everyone should keep their judgmental opinions to themselves, IMO, and live and let live. It's not hurting you. Frankly, I'm amazed at how tempered the response to your judgment has been (so far).

I think she's drunk. :noway:
  • ihad
    ihad Posts: 7,462 Member
    Options
    Look, sometimes the wind makes the cape get kinda clingy. Can't be helped...
  • PhoenixStrikes
    PhoenixStrikes Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    I feel sorry for those that find their bodies repulsive or the idea of sex so repulsive that they have to judge others for loving themselves.

Maybe it's religion. Maybe it's upbringing. But I really don't see that as healthy.

Can you please put a shirt on? You PP is completely distracting me from fitness related things. I'm trying to focus on my 1200 calorie diet and you're screwing up my cleanse.
  • leigh4244
    Options
    You've spent the last couple of years working really to get your body exactly how you want it - why WOULDN'T you want to show it off?

Couldn't of said it any better myself!
  • DanIsACyclingFool
    DanIsACyclingFool Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    The hot women on my FL and their "sexy" profile pics is why I work out.:blushing:
  • Edwin_S
    Edwin_S Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    The hot women on my FL and their "sexy" profile pics is why I work out.:blushing:

THIS^^^ This man is a hero among men!