Profile photographs

Options

Replies

• SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,932 Member
    Options
    I feel sorry for those that find their bodies repulsive or the idea of sex so repulsive that they have to judge others for loving themselves.

Maybe it's religion. Maybe it's upbringing. But I really don't see that as healthy.

Believe me, I'm no prude. Just a time and place for everything. I keep saying I am NOT talking about well-toned bodies here - I think most of you have missed the point and don't understand what photo's made me ask the question.

Time and place for everything? Why not here and now? Or are we all here for the same reason?

There is only one person on this planet that you can control, and many people have trouble even getting that far.

Learn to focus more on you and less on everyone else. Life is a hell of a lot more pleasant that way.
  • Minxy103
    Options
    Why do some of you feel the need to show sexy/suggestive photographs?

Ok, so I admit I'm old, but I would never have felt the need to do that, when I was young and attractive.

It is a health and fitness site!!!

To the member who thought I was on melt down - the answer is NO but I can't reply to every post and nor do I have I the inclination. I'm afraid that I have a life and am now getting ready to go out and have a drink or two. All accounted for, of course!

Have a lovely evening, morning, afternoon wherever you are.
  • salladeve
    salladeve Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    You have to make sure you type outside the quoted text or no one will understand you.

Thank you! I'm getting so confused.

BTW - I so want to post some really suggestive pictures, but it isn't worth it. I'd get the "time out" and Mrs. McJudgerson would just go on her merry sad way. :grumble:
  • Minxy103
    Options
    I feel sorry for those that find their bodies repulsive or the idea of sex so repulsive that they have to judge others for loving themselves.

Maybe it's religion. Maybe it's upbringing. But I really don't see that as healthy.

Believe me, I'm no prude. Just a time and place for everything. I keep saying I am NOT talking about well-toned bodies here - I think most of you have missed the point and don't understand what photo's made me ask the question.

Time and place for everything? Why not here and now? Or are we all here for the same reason?

There is only one person on this planet that you can control, and many people have trouble even getting that far.

Learn to focus more on you and less on everyone else. Life is a hell of a lot more pleasant that way.

FFS! Who is 'controlling'? That is up to MFP!!!! Jeezo!
  • Minxy103
    Options
    You have to make sure you type outside the quoted text or no one will understand you.

Thank you! I'm getting so confused.

BTW - I so want to post some really suggestive pictures, but it isn't worth it. I'd get the "time out" and Mrs. McJudgerson would just go on her merry sad way. :grumble:

I'm perfectly entitled to post what I want, as long as it's not offensive. BYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! Over and out.
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    That's enough internet for today, Nana.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Why do some of you feel the need to show sexy/suggestive photographs?

Ok, so I admit I'm old, but I would never have felt the need to do that, when I was young and attractive.

It is a health and fitness site!!!

Pretty sure here is where it began....

Amazing! Can I have a crotch shot? LOL!

With or without lime?
  • lifterman9802
    Options
    Quite possibly the funniest thing I've read today on here. LOL You should have called it the inner web and you'd had me laughing out loud.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    Cuz the boys like it, duh.
  • salladeve
    salladeve Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: love it!
  • 20Grit
    20Grit Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Many many many people on this site, me included, are emerging from years of neglect, self-doubt, and even self-loathing, which is intimately tied to our physicality. It is only as we get further along and start to gain confidence that we start to think that hmmm, maybe, just possibly, we might be of interest to someone else.

The internet affords a safety buffer that allows people to act in a way that maybe they'd like to but are scared to risk IRL. It's kind of a dress rehearsal for being sexy IRL.

And the impetus for many people getting off their butts and hitting the fitness thing is a failing marriage. After the divorce, as the dust settles, we are going to want to connect with new people. That often starts with catching someone's eye, and often it takes a series of steps to increase the self-confidence.

Add to that the fact that people on here make INCREDIBLE transformations, and DESERVE recognition. A lot of the results are simply NOT VISIBLE when fully clothed. Getting abs is HARD. Having toned legs or a shapely rear is HARD. Building muscle is HARD. Why do you post you're kid's report card on the fridge? Because you're PROUD. People deserve recognition for their hard work and dedication, and more than that they serve as an inspiration to others not quite as far down the path.

There is room for everyone's outlooks on life in this world. Those that want to be demure, can. Those that want to flaunt it, can. Everyone should keep their judgmental opinions to themselves, IMO, and live and let live. It's not hurting you. Frankly, I'm amazed at how tempered the response to your judgment has been (so far).

Very well put.
    Now go on with yer bad self!
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :drinker:
  • GeminiBridget
    GeminiBridget Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I'm 53. Does that mean I should change my profile picture? :angry:

You look awesome!
  • cad39too
    cad39too Posts: 874 Member
    Options

OMG!!! I burst out laughing for real at this.
  • Will_Thrust_For_Candy
    Will_Thrust_For_Candy Posts: 6,109 Member
    Options
    Meh, I think that b3st's fab crotch shot made someone a little tingly in the southern region and now someone is embarrassed and is trying to ban all sexy from MFP.

I say put on your sexiest undergarments, set the timer on your camera and get on with your bad self. Maybe then you'll understand why so many of us that bust our *kitten* feel the need to show off our hard work.

:drinker:
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    WHo gets to decide what is sexy and not sexy?
  • Will_Thrust_For_Candy
    Will_Thrust_For_Candy Posts: 6,109 Member
    Options

FTW!
  • Mainebikerchick
    Mainebikerchick Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options

OMG, I snorted coffee all over the screen at this!!! :laugh:
  • GeminiBridget
    GeminiBridget Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Old is no excuse for being judgmental. Those of us who actually stick to our healthy eating and working out like to show off our progress.
  • shutyourpieholeandsquat
    Options

Ok I literally LOLed at this