Sexual objectification of breasts

Options
ninerbuff
ninerbuff Posts: 48,679 Member
A good discussion I was having with a peer at work (female). She brought it up after a member with obvious breast implants got several stares from males and females in the gym while she jogged on the treadmill.
My peer believes that breast implants ruin a females figure and gives a false sense that she's actually better. And that small breasted women are considered by society as not as sexually attractive as by society's standard on beauty. I somewhat disagreed, but I'm really accepting of any type of breast size.

So how do others (especially other females) feel about this?

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
IDEA Fitness member
Kickboxing Certified Instructor
Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

Replies

• _TastySnoBalls_
    _TastySnoBalls_ Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    I personally wouldn't get implants, but don't think any less or any more of a woman who chooses to do so. A former co-worker got implants, all us girls had fun feeling her up.
  • greeneyes0809
    greeneyes0809 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I try not to care what someone else does with their body in order to feel comfortable with themselves. If someone wants to get implants to feel more confident or even if they think it will help them attract more people, more power to em! I don't think any less of them the same way I don't think any less of someone who dyes their hair to change their appearance.

As for society not viewing them as sexually attractive, I'd have to disagree. As someone who s rather naturally big, I have learned that what others find attractive is completely personal preference. In fact, in my experience, many guys actually find smaller breasts more attractive.
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options
    IN. But this thread needs pics.
  • NormInv
    NormInv Posts: 3,302 Member
    Options
    the only people who objectify breasts are the bores who cant get a conversation going and who get divorced after 8 years of marriage and 2 kids and a hefty child support penalty.

the rest of us QB for the Packers!
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    I personally wouldn't get implants, but don't think any less or any more of a woman who chooses to do so. A former co-worker got implants, all us girls had fun feeling her up.

SEXISM!!! What about your poor male workers? why don't they get to cup a feel?
  • vtmoon
    Options
    the only people who objectify breasts are the bores who cant get a conversation going and who get divorced after 8 years of marriage and 2 kids and a hefty child support penalty.

Low blow! I feel soo bad for the guy, because if he is gay or not, people are getting all up in his business.
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    Really, isn't it all about the nip?
  • NormInv
    NormInv Posts: 3,302 Member
    Options

all up in his business.

he apparently likes that!!!
  • FindingMyPerfection
    FindingMyPerfection Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    As far as breasts, what I see as attractive is their perkiness not their size.

Large or small and perky> large or small and floppy IMO.
  • jlschuh44
    jlschuh44 Posts: 218
    Options
    You obviously don't need any implants....and B.) I should have been there for that!
  • jlschuh44
    jlschuh44 Posts: 218
    Options
    You obviously don't need any improvement in that department, judging by your pic! :blushing:

Wish I had been there for the other part!! Heh heh

I prefer natural myself...even if there is a little...sag from the effects of time.
  • just_Jennie1
    just_Jennie1 Posts: 1,233
    Options
    I couldn't care less if someone gets implants. Am I going to stare? Heck yeah! :laugh: As for women with small breasts not being "sexually attractive" IMO it's all in the eye of the beholder. For someone who likes a big breasted woman then yes, someone with small breasts wouldn't be attractive to them. I've got small boobs and I have yet to come across someone who tells me that they're inadequate and gross.

I personally wouldn't get them because they would ridiculous on someone my size and I don't have a lot of fat in the chest area so it'd end up looking like I have a boob on a boob.

The only time I think implants ruins a female is when they are bad implants; the kind that stand up when they're laying down, the kind that are pushed way up into their face causing them to have permanent cleavage and when the boob is completely butchered by the "doctor" who did the surgery. I have seen plenty of those and it makes me shudder.
  • VelveteenArabian
    VelveteenArabian Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    A good discussion I was having with a peer at work (female). She brought it up after a member with obvious breast implants got several stares from males and females in the gym while she jogged on the treadmill.
    My peer believes that breast implants ruin a females figure and gives a false sense that she's actually better. And that small breasted women are considered by society as not as sexually attractive as by society's standard on beauty. I somewhat disagreed, but I'm really accepting of any type of breast size.

So how do others (especially other females) feel about this?

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

Was she jogging in something skin tight and so low cut people were waiting for a wardrobe malfunction? That would probably get her stares.

Society does consider bigger breasts to be more beautiful, generally speaking. Go look in lingerie catalogues and tell me how many small breasted women are in there versus big boobed women. Go look in the movies and clothes adverts.

That being said, I think people at the gym who gawk at women are ill-mannered and really should learn how to act before going outside.

If someone wants implants and can afford it then go for it!
  • sassypants0923
    sassypants0923 Posts: 7,188 Member
    Options
    Would totally get... But too scared id die on the operating table and then I'd be all sorts of pissed that I was so vain
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    I tend to like small and big boobs.
    Makes no dif to me.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Just wanted this topic on my wall.
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options

Low blow! I feel soo bad for the guy, because if he is gay or not, people are getting all up in his business.

I'm so confused. What is going on here?
  • vtmoon
    Options

all up in his business.

he apparently likes that!!!

:laugh:
  • vtmoon
    Options

I'm so confused. What is going on here?

Google the Packers' QB.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    breasts are very personal issue with most women in our society and for most their opinions about their own attractiveness are tied around their boobs. so with that, i really have nothing to say about what another decides to do to feel better about herself or more comfortable in her skin.

for the most part, no matter where you are on the spectrum (unless it's the perfect size C), at some point in time during your life they won't be good enough and you'll hear about from other people (friends/family/strangers/peers) with opinions about your breasts. if their too small then you'll hear about how unfeminine you are, if you're too large then you'll hear about how slutty you are. i think this is one of the things about the female experience that guys just will never understand because even though they have to deal with other guys in locker rooms commenting on their penis size, that's just there. boobs are more visible 24/7 and if you veer off that perfect size c, you'll hear about it.

as for the attractiveness of smaller breasts i really can't speak on that because i just dont know. because of my size, i tend to only meet guys who are into big breasts, but i see tons of women with A & B cups in LTRs same as bigger women, so I guess people appreciate it. OP, is it possible that your friend was projecting her own issues into that "less sexually attractive" comment?