Sexual objectification of breasts

Options

Replies

• jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    I've had different opinions at different times in my life. When I was fat, I had huge boobs, and I didn't understand the notion of a woman wanting implants for self-esteem issues. Now my boobs are much smaller, and the only real problem I have with it is that off-the-rack tops and dresses don't fit me properly in that region. I don't feel like less of a woman at all. But I do have a better understanding of why other women might feel that way.

On a related note, I am really, really turned off by guys who talk about boobs and look at boobs like they've never seen any before. It reminds me of when I was in junior high, and boys would ask girls if their bras fastened in the front or the back so they knew whether to sit in front of or behind you in class. Be cool, guys. We all have them.

I'm sorry...

...I tried to pay attention...

...but you kept saying the word "boobs"...

...and I completely lost my...

...uh...

...something.

...uh, what?
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options
    I've had different opinions at different times in my life. When I was fat, I had huge boobs, and I didn't understand the notion of a woman wanting implants for self-esteem issues. Now my boobs are much smaller, and the only real problem I have with it is that off-the-rack tops and dresses don't fit me properly in that region. I don't feel like less of a woman at all. But I do have a better understanding of why other women might feel that way.

On a related note, I am really, really turned off by guys who talk about boobs and look at boobs like they've never seen any before. It reminds me of when I was in junior high, and boys would ask girls if their bras fastened in the front or the back so they knew whether to sit in front of or behind you in class. Be cool, guys. We all have them.

I'm sorry...

...uh...

...something.

...uh, what?

O.M.G. Men like bewbs? Men like looking at bewbs? Those awful, awful creatures! The human body isn't to be viewed and admired!!

Oh. And. Boobs.

I still think this thread needs more pics.
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    I think it's natural for people to be sexually attracted to breasts, just in the same way as some people aren't so much (more of a butt man etc)

Preferences vary according to the person in question and I don't think they're bad, as long as the person with the breasts is made to feel uncomfortable about the way they are, from others.

I don't think they ruin the female figure, and I certainly don't agree they they give a false sense of better. I know men that hate implants even if it's usually what they'd see as an ideal pair, purely because they're fake. I also know men who don't care either way, they just think the bigger the better.

I'm not going to be getting any implants, but hey, if that's what makes you feel good, go for it!
  • thankyou4thevenom
    thankyou4thevenom Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    As far as breasts, what I see as attractive is their perkiness not their size.

Large or small and perky> large or small and floppy IMO.

I a hundred percent agree with it, I mean her.

Unfortunately due to their size mine have never been perky. Sadly this kind of thing always used to take a toll on my confidence.
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options

I'm sorry...

...uh...

...something.

...uh, what?

O.M.G. Men like bewbs? Men like looking at bewbs? Those awful, awful creatures! The human body isn't to be viewed and admired!!

Oh. And. Boobs.

There is a difference between "viewing and admiring" the female body and the pubescent reaction to breasts that one normally associates with mouth-breathers and others who spend way too much time with their hand down their pants. I promise if you tell an attractive woman she's beautiful, it will last a lot longer in her memory than you staring at her chest.

I know men tend to think they'd love being objectified the way women are (I still recall a thread from a few months back, wherein the OP said women should thank men for staring at their breasts), but a day or two of having your crotch stared at would probably cure you of such notions.
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    fake boobs don't impress me. self bought fakies-
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options

I'm sorry...

...uh...

...something.

...uh, what?

Oh. And. Boobs.

There is a difference between "viewing and admiring" the female body and the pubescent reaction to breasts that one normally associates with mouth-breathers and others who spend way too much time with their hand down their pants. I promise if you tell an attractive woman she's beautiful, it will last a lot longer in her memory than you staring at her chest.

I know men tend to think they'd love being objectified the way women are (I still recall a thread from a few months back, wherein the OP said women should thank men for staring at their breasts), but a day or two of having your crotch stared at would probably cure you of such notions.

I never get noticed.

Oh. And boobs.
  • waytobeduck
    Options
    A good discussion I was having with a peer at work (female). She brought it up after a member with obvious breast implants got several stares from males and females in the gym while she jogged on the treadmill.
    My peer believes that breast implants ruin a females figure and gives a false sense that she's actually better. And that small breasted women are considered by society as not as sexually attractive as by society's standard on beauty. I somewhat disagreed, but I'm really accepting of any type of breast size.

So how do others (especially other females) feel about this?

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

I don't think I care. I just think ill of your friend and anyone else who thinks like this... It's dumb.
  • Simone_King
    Simone_King Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I would get breast implants just to bring my own confidence up and because in reality, I don't have much to begin with. Frankly, I do not see what the big deal with. I have two dental implants so what's the big deal if I want slightly larger breasts? All I want is a good A size breast.

However, given the fact I have no money to put to this I won't be getting them any time soon.

I don't know I don't feel...like I should right now. I can't get anyone interested me to begin with. Then again I am told that I show no interest in anyone.

Frankly, to me if someone wants to do something to make themselves feel better why not? I felt my smile wasn't attractive to anyone because I had two teeth missing.
  • jofjltncb6
    Options

I'm sorry...

...uh...

...something.

...uh, what?

Oh. And. Boobs.

I've been married for more years of my life than I've been single...(and that includes the years before I learned how to make peepees in the big potty). I promise you that if I tell attractive women they're beautiful, I will be making regular monthly payments and lose half of my assets.

And you have no idea to what extent I've been objectified in my life...

...and how I felt about it.

PS: boobs.
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options

I'm sorry...

...uh...

...something.

...uh, what?

Oh. And. Boobs.

I've been married for more years of my life than I've been single...(and that includes the years before I learned how to make peepees in the big potty). I promise you that if I tell attractive women they're beautiful, I will be making regular monthly payments and lose half of my assets.

Not going to lie, sometimes I tend to have man crushes on you due to your post.

P.S: Boobs and all the assets!
  • _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    Options

I'm sorry...

...uh...

...something.

...uh, what?

Oh. And. Boobs.

Finally I can start relating to this thread.
  • jofjltncb6
    Options
    Nothing kills a "breast" thread...

...like a couple of man-crushes.
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options

I'm sorry...

...uh...

...something.

...uh, what?

Oh. And. Boobs.

Finally I can start relating to this thread.

I :heart: you!
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options
    I'm speaking strictly about women who got implants for cosmetic reasons, not for reconstructive...

I've known women who got implants and were still themselves afterwards.
    I've known some whose behavior / personality completely changed post-implants (and not in a good way - embarrassing their children & husbands by flashing their breasts, allowing near strangers to fondle them in public, etc.)

At the end of the day, I don't have an opinion on implants, just behavior. Yeah, I'm judgmental like that.

And FYI: no, I don't know them anymore. It was a long time ago & I'm old.
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    If someone wants to get implants, more power to them.

Personally, I just like natural. A, B,C, D whatever.... I like it all.
  • Safiyandi
    Safiyandi Posts: 151
    Options
    My sister has implants. She wanted me to help her with basic strength training, but wouldn't do barbell bench or dumbell bench over ~10lbs. Said they might rupture.

If that's true, it's not worth it. I'd rather have small girls but be able to open my own jars without worry.
  • celtbell3
    celtbell3 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    It's just wired in guys to like boobs. Nothing wrong with that. LOL
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I have small breasts. But, they are proportional to my body, which is also small. When I was younger I did think they were no good because I heard all around me how great large breasts are (usually from other girls). But, I could see that my breasts looked beautiful in the mirror, but still I thought I just must not be attractive (although I did know that I had a pretty face, but still thought I must be plain, but people would always say I had an exotic look). Also, I never had a shortage of male attraction and attention. I had an abundance of that and more than I even wanted (at one point I even got really skinny, down to 85 pounds or so, to try and stop some of it). I also learned from the particular men that were attracted to me that they preferred my body and breasts, and that they didn't see my breasts as being small, but just proportional, perky, and nicely shaped. They still are, even after two babies. I've also never had anyone tell me I am unfeminine. It has been quite the opposite. People are always saying how incredibly feminine I am. I think that has a lot to do with graceful movement and I do have a petite and curvy figure. Also, I got so much attention for my body and my booty. To the point that in multiple places (middle school, high school, college, when traveling) people would refer to me by my booty (without knowing that had happened in the other places as well), to be honest I even got attention for my booty and sexually assaulted in elementary school. I have a very small waist and a nicely shaped booty 10+ inches bigger than my waist. So, as girls and women many of us struggle with all kinds of body issues. I struggled with it. But, it's a complicated mixture. Sometimes I could see how beautiful I was, other times I couldn't. I would think I must not be attractive to men, but got tons and tons of attention from men. I'm still off and on with my body image. But, I try not to give power to the negative and instead to be happy and see the positive. My husband's extreme attraction to me does help with that. Also, I think breasts are beautiful (and I like variety). And also many other aspects of the female body are beautiful. And male bodies also, of course.
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    42b3218b9dfe9c41147f8c409e5c9ed666528eeae7a54ba72cd560c17e2e6d4f.jpg