Sexual objectification of breasts

Options

Replies

• bannedword
    bannedword Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I love boobs!

I've gotten mine reduced twice and I still am rather busty.

But I think that it's a personal decision, and we should all just butt the hell out.
  • skippysells
    skippysells Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    There once was a lady that
    Had triplets named Matt, Pat, and Tat
    She had fun in the breeding
    But in the feeding
    There was no tit for Tat.
  • JamieBeth19
    JamieBeth19 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I think that as a society we have put a lot of pressure into making women think they need an hour glass figure, this in turn means you need boobs and butt!. Boobs are the most visible so that tends to be the primary focus in this concept. I personally do not have implants but I would never look down at someone who did. If a woman feels the need to get implants due to not being naturally blessed in the boob department I say why not?! If I was born with small breasts and felt I had to live up to society's view of what a woman should look like, I probably would get them too.
  • roanokejoe49
    roanokejoe49 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    I spend about 90 percent of my day trying to figure out how to sexually objectify pretty much everything.

I'd say I represent the majority of people.

I say we get together for Milf and cookies and talk about it.
  • Belinda170
    Belinda170 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I thought about it when I lost weight last time. My boobs disappear when I lose weight and I have a rather large bundunka dunk no matter how small I get. So boobs help balance out the equation.

I think women are objectified as a rule, and if a woman wants to get surgery in any way people shouldn't judge her. We're a lookist society and sadly ageist (especially to women) as well. A lot of women have to get lifted in order to keep working. And that's not just the entertainment business, but also business fields as well, sadly.

As Tina Fey said, The definition of 'crazy' in show business is a woman who keeps talking even after no one want to f*** her anymore.
  • Snow__White
    Snow__White Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    I love boobs!

I've gotten mine reduced twice and I still am rather busty.

But I think that it's a personal decision, and we should all just butt the hell out.

was thing of getting a reduction...
    do you have scars?
  • DjinnMarie
    DjinnMarie Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    I want bigger boobs so my shirts fit better. LOL!

no seriously, I LOVE boobs. (no homo) Therefore I must get me some big, perky boobies.

I would just like to be more proportionate. If it makes you feel good about yourself, then do it. Botox, boobs, spending $300 on a haircut that you can get for $60. All things in moderation, obviously.
  • RonnieLodge
    RonnieLodge Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    A good discussion I was having with a peer at work (female). She brought it up after a member with obvious breast implants got several stares from males and females in the gym while she jogged on the treadmill.
    My peer believes that breast implants ruin a females figure and gives a false sense that she's actually better. And that small breasted women are considered by society as not as sexually attractive as by society's standard on beauty. I somewhat disagreed, but I'm really accepting of any type of breast size.

So how do others (especially other females) feel about this?

Obvious breast implants will get stares because they are obvious!

I don't know about implants giving a person a false sense of security or making them think they are better. In my experience, being busty has made me feel incredibly self conscious in many situations.

Starting from when I was teenager through to just last weekend when a (naturally small chested) friend turned up to a dress up party with a ridiculously large pair of fake boobs (costume - not implants) and everyone was commenting that I ALWAYS look like that. :grumble:

I can't agree that they ruin the female figure though. They do not always enhance it (especially when they are too large for a person's natural frame), but in the case of reconstructive surgery (say, after breast cancer), I would imagine they help a person feel normal.

As for what 'society' deems attractive - the fashion world would consider smaller chests better because clothes are easier to fit/hang better.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    I don't care about this topic...*flounce* *jiggle jiggle* *flounce*

*exits topic*
  • umachanxo
    umachanxo Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't get them myself, but I don't think any less of a woman who does. Personally, I find smaller chested women more attractive (then again, I'm a straight woman..) but I know that lots of people find women with bigger chests more attractive. It's personal preference. -I'm- more comfortable with a smaller cup size. I suppose it's probably because when I was a bigger girl, I had a large cup size and being busty made me feel really insecure.

If a woman is talking down about another woman who had implants put in is -probably- just insecure about her own body, and this is her way of making herself feel better about it.
  • mmm_drop
    mmm_drop Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    I think too many people are too worried about what other people look like and what other people are doing.
  • hannahbanana_1983
    Options
    I would love to get fake boobies, but not for the size, just the perkiness! But not obviously fake - I would want them to look like the best real boobs you could imagine, still bouncy. Maybe just a breast lift actually. Once I'm done with having kids. LOL. I agree that society likes bigger perkier breasts, but I also think a woman is judged poorly once she has them - like she is ditzy, slutty, or dumb.
  • ftloy
    ftloy Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Breast implants are obviously done for a myriad of different reasons (e.g., self-esteem, vanity, reconstruction, etc.) and the choice of course is owned solely by the woman getting the procedure performed; therefore, I'm not even going to touch that part of the discussion. My own personal opinion though concerning what *I* think is attractive or sexy? Small breasts will get me fired up every time. Someone said that "small and perky > big and floppy" ... I couldn't agree more.
  • _errata_
    _errata_ Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    fascinating.gif
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    Haha, I have never had this issue of wanting fake ones. However, big boobs don't automatically make a woman attractive, in my opinion.
  • kdb247
    kdb247 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Breast of any size (Fake or Not) can be sexy; it all depends on the owner’s confidence level and sexual maturity.
  • _errata_
    Options
    B7jKd3O.gif

proud.gif
  • RECowgill
    RECowgill Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    i think this is one of the things about the female experience that guys just will never understand because even though they have to deal with other guys in locker rooms commenting on their penis size, that's just there.

I've never, ever had another male comment on my penis size.

... because it's difficult for them to talk about things so large it's beyond their comprehension.
  • _errata_
    Options
    i think this is one of the things about the female experience that guys just will never understand because even though they have to deal with other guys in locker rooms commenting on their penis size, that's just there.

I've never, ever had another male comment on my penis size.

... because it's difficult for them to talk about things so large it's beyond their comprehension.

high-five-wave.gif
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    I've had different opinions at different times in my life. When I was fat, I had huge boobs, and I didn't understand the notion of a woman wanting implants for self-esteem issues. Now my boobs are much smaller, and the only real problem I have with it is that off-the-rack tops and dresses don't fit me properly in that region. I don't feel like less of a woman at all. But I do have a better understanding of why other women might feel that way.

On a related note, I am really, really turned off by guys who talk about boobs and look at boobs like they've never seen any before. It reminds me of when I was in junior high, and boys would ask girls if their bras fastened in the front or the back so they knew whether to sit in front of or behind you in class. Be cool, guys. We all have them.