41lbs down in 2 months and a half (pic)

Options

Replies

• anti
    anti Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Amazing progress. You look stunning.

Question:
    I don't know much about weightloss, but I thought the safe level of loss was around
    0.5kg (1 lb) per week. ie. a 500 calorie deficit per day. You appear to be losing 2kg (4.4 lbs) per week.

Can you share your average calorie intake and how many cals you burn at the gym?

Thanks.
  • anti
    anti Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Sorry, double post.
  • rubysparkle
    rubysparkle Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    wow you look amazing...what have you done to lose so much in that time? You are truly inspiring and have made me get my trainers on to get down the gym :)
  • BigGail
    BigGail Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    you look incredible! Well done you!
  • Maggie1960
    Maggie1960 Posts: 322
    Options
    You are doing amazing!! Keep up the good work. I am sure you will hit your goals at the rate you are going. Keep it healthy though. That is important.

thanks to everyone! I couldn't do it without MFP and all the awesome support on here.
    And trust me, I keep it healthy..I see a Dr and nutritionist once a month..all that weight is gone only because of healthy change in my eating habits and the 6 sometimes 7 times a week gym visits...no matter how late I get off of work I make it to the gym ..it's def addicting.I've learned that there's no magic pill or diet fad..just dedication and permanent changes in eating habits

What an inspiration you are! You look fantastic - and I look forward to seeing your next pictures when you reach 115lbs:flowerforyou:
  • mbk1970
    mbk1970 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Holy cow. That is my birthday too. Go Go Go
  • SweetPandora
    SweetPandora Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    Congratulations Rachel! You look fabulous!

Karen
  • cparter
    cparter Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Rachel,

Good on you for losing the weight. I will not be one to hold my tongue without also seeing both sides of the coin. I am not sure how you lost the weight but I would hope it was through sensible eating and activity. When you have so much the lose it is possible to lose so much in such a short time but when your body learns it changes. In other words it knows when to feast or famine.

With that said if you starved yourself it will reverse in time so I hope you make any necessary changes to prevent that. Now that you have lost the weight it is time to think of some sensible food and fitness decisions.

1. Eat often and stay within your calorie range to lose 1 to 1.5 lbs per week.
    2. Monitor fat and sodium because although you may lose fat leads to other health issues (do not want to be slim with high blood pressure and cholesterol) and sodium will cause you to retain water.
    3. Eat plenty vegetables and fruits.
    4. Balance - Balance the carbs, proteins, and fat based on MFP settings for your goals
    5. Exercise at least 40 minutes 7 days a week whether it be walking, elliptical or whatever. Got to move to maintain and continue to lose.

Do not want to throw a hatchet into your plans but want you to realize if you want this change to be permanent you have to make the right decisions. You may be doing all this but since I could not see your diary and we are not friended so I can see your exercise activity I saw this in terms of the unknown while passing on my wisdom.

Carlos
  • Amarea
    Amarea Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Wow, big difference. Fantastic job!
  • kidakiwi04
    kidakiwi04 Posts: 238
    Options
    Wow!!!! You are doing such a great job.
  • Becka77
    Becka77 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Great job! You can tell a big difference already.
  • redhotsmacker
    redhotsmacker Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Wow! Its people like you that keep my motivation going! You are doing great! Keep it up and you will reach your goal in no time!!!
  • FunkBunny
    FunkBunny Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    From one Rachel to another...great job!!!
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    WOW... just WOW!
  • StuAblett
    StuAblett Posts: 1,141 Member
    Options
    Rachel,

Good on you for losing the weight. I will not be one to hold my tongue without also seeing both sides of the coin. I am not sure how you lost the weight but I would hope it was through sensible eating and activity. When you have so much the lose it is possible to lose so much in such a short time but when your body learns it changes. In other words it knows when to feast or famine.

With that said if you starved yourself it will reverse in time so I hope you make any necessary changes to prevent that. Now that you have lost the weight it is time to think of some sensible food and fitness decisions.

2. Monitor fat and sodium because although you may lose fat leads to other health issues (do not want to be slim with high blood pressure and cholesterol) and sodium will cause you to retain water.
    4. Balance - Balance the carbs, proteins, and fat based on MFP settings for your goals
    5. Exercise at least 40 minutes 7 days a week whether it be walking, elliptical or whatever. Got to move to maintain and continue to lose.

Do not want to throw a hatchet into your plans but want you to realize if you want this change to be permanent you have to make the right decisions. You may be doing all this but since I could not see your diary and we are not friended so I can see your exercise activity I saw this in terms of the unknown while passing on my wisdom.

Carlos

Great advice for ALL of us! :drinker:
  • Jena_72
    Jena_72 Posts: 1,057
    Options
    Rachel,

Carlos

Great advice(or reminder) Carlos BUT I am friends with Rachel and I can assure you she is doing this the right way!:happy: She has been an inspiration to me since I joined MFP!!
    Keep up the awesome work Rachel!!! :flowerforyou:
    ~Jena~
  • moosenbratsmommy
    Options
    congrats!
  • celestialanglz
    Options
    Wow you are SUCH an inspiration! My goal is to lose 10 lbs. in 2 months and I really thought it was going to be impossible. Thanks for the motivation!
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    Good for you, keep going. The results are showing and you should be proud of your accomplisments!
  • Angelfire6027
    Options
    girl that is freaking amazing. You look absolutely wonderful, your such and inspiration!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!