Options

Replies

• debbie1268
    Options
    WOW!!!! great job.. you look GREAT!!!
  • rjfsnf
    rjfsnf Posts: 1
    Options
    That's my birthday, too! You're an inspiration!!
  • bengal128
    Options
    Hey a massive well done, you've truly inspired me so much. Keep going.:smile:
  • MKimAllen
    Options
    You are doing a great job. It appears that you have the determination to win...keep up the great work!
  • 623Hernandez
    Options
    AWESOME job! You're looking GREAT!
  • Jena_72
    Jena_72 Posts: 1,057
    Options
    I keep coming back to your pictures! So amazing already, your transformation.
    You are a phenomenal woman! So glad to have met you along my journey. :flowerforyou:
  • paradisegal
    paradisegal Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    WOW! Awesome job!
  • paradisegal
    paradisegal Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    WOW! Awesome job!
  • WeightingForSara
    WeightingForSara Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Rachel,

Good on you for losing the weight. I will not be one to hold my tongue without also seeing both sides of the coin. I am not sure how you lost the weight but I would hope it was through sensible eating and activity. When you have so much the lose it is possible to lose so much in such a short time but when your body learns it changes. In other words it knows when to feast or famine.

With that said if you starved yourself it will reverse in time so I hope you make any necessary changes to prevent that. Now that you have lost the weight it is time to think of some sensible food and fitness decisions.

1. Eat often and stay within your calorie range to lose 1 to 1.5 lbs per week.
    2. Monitor fat and sodium because although you may lose fat leads to other health issues (do not want to be slim with high blood pressure and cholesterol) and sodium will cause you to retain water.
    3. Eat plenty vegetables and fruits.
    4. Balance - Balance the carbs, proteins, and fat based on MFP settings for your goals
    5. Exercise at least 40 minutes 7 days a week whether it be walking, elliptical or whatever. Got to move to maintain and continue to lose.

Do not want to throw a hatchet into your plans but want you to realize if you want this change to be permanent you have to make the right decisions. You may be doing all this but since I could not see your diary and we are not friended so I can see your exercise activity I saw this in terms of the unknown while passing on my wisdom.

Carlos

Though all this advice is great - I work out with this girl every single day, and we both use MFP together. We have dinners together, we hang out together, and she is my bestfriend. I, myself, have lost 38lbs since the beginning of June when we started working out together. We balance everything and BOTH of us eat 1200 calories a day and are under the care of physicians. So, yes, she's doing everything right - shes just extremely dedicated, and we're dedicated TOGETHER.
  • LosingLbsAndGainingConfidence
    Options
    Rachel,

Good on you for losing the weight. I will not be one to hold my tongue without also seeing both sides of the coin. I am not sure how you lost the weight but I would hope it was through sensible eating and activity. When you have so much the lose it is possible to lose so much in such a short time but when your body learns it changes. In other words it knows when to feast or famine.

With that said if you starved yourself it will reverse in time so I hope you make any necessary changes to prevent that. Now that you have lost the weight it is time to think of some sensible food and fitness decisions.

2. Monitor fat and sodium because although you may lose fat leads to other health issues (do not want to be slim with high blood pressure and cholesterol) and sodium will cause you to retain water.
    4. Balance - Balance the carbs, proteins, and fat based on MFP settings for your goals
    5. Exercise at least 40 minutes 7 days a week whether it be walking, elliptical or whatever. Got to move to maintain and continue to lose.

Do not want to throw a hatchet into your plans but want you to realize if you want this change to be permanent you have to make the right decisions. You may be doing all this but since I could not see your diary and we are not friended so I can see your exercise activity I saw this in terms of the unknown while passing on my wisdom.

Carlos

Great advice(or reminder) Carlos BUT I am friends with Rachel and I can assure you she is doing this the right way!:happy: She has been an inspiration to me since I joined MFP!!
    Keep up the awesome work Rachel!!! :flowerforyou:
    ~Jena~

Thanks a bunch for standing up for me girlie!..
    I can assure you I am defiantly not starving myself! I eat plenty..
    Like I said before I have a Dr and Nutritionist that I see monthly..I would never starve myself only to gain it back...thats just stupid
    40 lbs in 2 months and a half really isn't a un heard of thing..When you were once over 300lbs and eat out every day and didn't go to the gym much..and change to not eating out at all..Eating between 1200-1500 cals and working out at the gym 6 sometimes 7 times a week for a hour and a half..the weight drops..my first month I lost about 20 lbs..then it slowed down..i lose about 2 to 3 lbs a week now..sometimes 1 or nothing. I normally burn anywhere from 300 to 600 cals when i go to the gym..and when I do classes on monday and sometimes tuesday I burn 800-950..So trust me, everything I do is healthy and my Dr. approves of it..That whole thing about losing 1 to 2 lbs a week is unhealthy only when you're a normal weight..when you're considered morbidly obese 2 to 4 lbs a week is normal..So please stop asking if i'm starving myself..because i'm defiantly not..and i'm losing weight the healthy way..I'm not doing anything special..i'm just eating healthy and working my *kitten* off at the gym literally every day
  • jostamey
    Options
    You are doing awesome!!! Keep up the great work:-)
    Options
    Rachel,

Carlos

Though all this advice is great - I work out with this girl every single day, and we both use MFP together. We have dinners together, we hang out together, and she is my bestfriend. I, myself, have lost 38lbs since the beginning of June when we started working out together. We balance everything and BOTH of us eat 1200 calories a day and are under the care of physicians. So, yes, she's doing everything right - shes just extremely dedicated, and we're dedicated TOGETHER.
    I <3 you Sara..Without you I def couldnt have done all that I have
  • Julbella78
    Julbella78 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! You look amazing!
  • cparter
    cparter Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    [/quote]
    In response to:

Thanks a bunch for standing up for me girlie!..
    I can assure you I am defiantly not starving myself! I eat plenty..
    Like I said before I have a Dr and Nutritionist that I see monthly..I would never starve myself only to gain it back...thats just stupid
    40 lbs in 2 months and a half really isn't a un heard of thing..When you were once over 300lbs and eat out every day and didn't go to the gym much..and change to not eating out at all..Eating between 1200-1500 cals and working out at the gym 6 sometimes 7 times a week for a hour and a half..the weight drops..my first month I lost about 20 lbs..then it slowed down..i lose about 2 to 3 lbs a week now..sometimes 1 or nothing. I normally burn anywhere from 300 to 600 cals when i go to the gym..and when I do classes on monday and sometimes tuesday I burn 800-950..So trust me, everything I do is healthy and my Dr. approves of it..That whole thing about losing 1 to 2 lbs a week is unhealthy only when you're a normal weight..when you're considered morbidly obese 2 to 4 lbs a week is normal..So please stop asking if i'm starving myself..because i'm defiantly not..and i'm losing weight the healthy way..I'm not doing anything special..i'm just eating healthy and working my *kitten* off at the gym literally every day
    [/quote]

I am pleased that you are eating right and working out. Although I did not ask but more or less made a statement as in hoping that was not the occasion. With that said I hope your physician is consulting a nutritionist since that is their area of expertise not the doctors. I just pray and hope you are safe and I am overjoyed that you are making a concerted effort to make this a life style and not just take off the weight. You have achieved a lot and it definitely shows you are working hard in the gym. I would hope that you keep that courage and go get it attitude as you continue to strive toward a wonderful life of fitness.

Yes, it is normal to lose a lot fast when you are in the morbid obese category and even if you are normal as normal can be and initially famine but normal can lead to abnormal so my words to you was a caution of encouragement as you have spoken well on and a warning for those who just read the results without acknowledging the work and nutrition benefactors that were factored in.

Continue on doing what you do and stay encouraged as you continue down this journey of a life style change and when you reach that golden pot at the end of the rainbow embrace others to do the same. I wish you only the best and although my views may be of caution they are filled with hope so please do not be vexed by me caring.

Have a bless day and enjoy the journey.

Carlos
  • cuddlegrl
    cuddlegrl Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Its also normal to lose weight quickly after giving birth (congrats girl!).

Your on a great path and you look great! Keep up everything you are doing! :)

Your an inspiration! Your loss has made me want to hit the gym more!
    Options
    thanks :) And yeah..The gym is a bit addicting..I feel horrible if I miss a day at the gym
  • purplespeckle
    Options
    Great job!
  • SBecken87
    Options
    you look amazing!!
  • joan41
    joan41 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    tell us more about what you are eatting?
  • msciccone1
    msciccone1 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    HUGE CONGRATS!!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!