Eat McDonald's, lose wight, set terrible example

Replies

• WeepingAngel81
    WeepingAngel81 Posts: 2,232 Member
    This:
    Why should someone be bothered by this?

And this:
    This only proves that you don't have to know very much about nutrition and get published.

Personally, I would have chosen Taco Bell or Sonic. I hate McDonald's.
    Back in the days when I could even eat at those places, I think I would have gone with Wendy's.

Yeah, Wendy's too. But I like Taco Bell best. Because...tacos.

You mean "tacos", right? Not tacos.

Because Taco Bell "tacos" aren't *real* tacos.

/ElitistFoodSnobbery

WHAT?!? My whole world is now shattered. Those lovely doritos locos aren't real :sad: ?????

On topic- I would rather have a teacher teach kids about portion control and what it means to choose a salad over a big mac, then to not set an example at all. So what if the food is processed. Most of what America eats is processed becuse it's affordable. I'm sure that if everyone could afford to eat organic or eat nonprocessed food forever, they still wouldn't becuase it's easier to grab fast food or supper from a box than it is to cook from scratch. This teacher worked with what many of his students face each day becuase of circumstances. I think it's great that he's empowering them to make healthier options in light of a fast food/highly processed world.

HAMBURGER HELPER.

You're speaking my love language
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,661 Member
    eating at mcdonalds and making good choices, or at least relatively low cal ones, is the same as going to the grocery store and making good choices.

and if your talking about hormones in beef, perservatives, prestacides and things of that nature, then probably any chain grocery store is just as unhealthy as any fast food resturant.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    This:

And this:
    This only proves that you don't have to know very much about nutrition and get published.

Back in the days when I could even eat at those places, I think I would have gone with Wendy's.

/ElitistFoodSnobbery

WHAT?!? My whole world is now shattered. Those lovely doritos locos aren't real :sad: ?????

On topic- I would rather have a teacher teach kids about portion control and what it means to choose a salad over a big mac, then to not set an example at all. So what if the food is processed. Most of what America eats is processed becuse it's affordable. I'm sure that if everyone could afford to eat organic or eat nonprocessed food forever, they still wouldn't becuase it's easier to grab fast food or supper from a box than it is to cook from scratch. This teacher worked with what many of his students face each day becuase of circumstances. I think it's great that he's empowering them to make healthier options in light of a fast food/highly processed world.

HAMBURGER HELPER.

You're speaking my love language

:flowerforyou: :blushing:
  • No_Finish_Line
    somebody save me some time, did anyone agree with the OP?
  • Cortelli
    Cortelli Posts: 1,369 Member
    It was just an experiment, one that proves what every doctor in the world tells you about weight loss.... Caloric deficit + exercise = weight loss.... it's simple really yet we all, including myself, make it much harder than it needs to be.

It's even simpler than that. Caloric deficit = weight loss.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    somebody save me some time, did anyone agree with the OP?

hard to believe but yes, there were a couple. They just focused on fast food = not real food, addictive, bad for you.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Dear John Cisna:

rottenecard_7761466_pcy76b96rq.png

Yours Truly,

MCD

(Loser of 51 lbs on a DAILY McDonald's dosage including but not limited to their back in the day blue cheese and bacon salad as part of a low carbohydrate/high protein diet with insane time of day and food restrictions but I did it, and it worked. I sustained that weight loss for over 4 years when off my "diet" and back on moderation eating. I was very limited on food at the time since I was out of work and sofa surfing and it was one of the few reliable food sources I had at the time and losing weight was crucial to my mental/emotional survival with an injury that was complicated by overweight and pain levels that were dangerously high for my psyche and directly affected by my weight. I gained some weight later when I got pregnant and so thus cannot accurately state that I stayed at the goal weight longer than 4 years.)
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    This:

And this:

Taco Bell is crap next to Mighty Taco.

Never heard of it. *shrugs*
  • laceyfowler
    laceyfowler Posts: 127 Member
    The only thing I learned from this thread is that most people don't realize the phrase is "couldn't care less," not "could care less."
    caring-continuum.jpg

Just when I was wondering "why oh why am I still reading this thread (aside from it being a useful way to avoid my takehome work, of course)" this gem of a graphic comes up... thank you :-)
  • tbelliott
    tbelliott Posts: 1 Member
    I'm bothered by the person who wrote this article. This teacher hit the nail on the head by saying our choices make us fat not McDonald's. Fast food is not the enemy. This guy starting exercising and make marginally better eating choices and lost weight. It just goes to show that weight loss be can achieved simply by becoming more conscious about what you eat and by getting off your butt once and a while.
  • WendyTerry420
    This:

And this:

/ElitistFoodSnobbery

i-437d27eaf235e573f16a70f45f8b43c2-crunchy-tacowebjpeg.jpg

2hf56co.jpg
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    The only thing I learned from this thread is that most people don't realize the phrase is "couldn't care less," not "could care less."
    caring-continuum.jpg

Just when I was wondering "why oh why am I still reading this thread (aside from it being a useful way to avoid my takehome work, of course)" this gem of a graphic comes up... thank you :-)

Worth it.
  • funkyspunky872
    funkyspunky872 Posts: 866 Member
    Nope, quite proud of the man actually. I've always despised that Super Size Me guy.
  • WendyTerry420
    Those lovely doritos locos aren't real :sad: ?????

Doritios Locos.... ¡Yo quiero Taco Bell!
  • WendyTerry420
    I'm bothered by the person who wrote this article. This teacher hit the nail on the head by saying our choices make us fat not McDonald's. Fast food is not the enemy. This guy starting exercising and make marginally better eating choices and lost weight. It just goes to show that weight loss be can achieved simply by becoming more conscious about what you eat and by getting off your butt once and a while.

A strong first post. No sarcasm! Welcome to MFP!
  • thepezzle
    thepezzle Posts: 40 Member
    I had a nightmare last night that my family bought Ranch Doritos Locos tacos instead of the regular Nacho Cheese ones. True story
  • DoNotSpamMe73
    DoNotSpamMe73 Posts: 286 Member
    Nope. Not at all. It shows that fast food doesn't make you fat. Your habits make you fat. I think it's actually kind of cool.

I'm so tired of people proclaiming that fast food is the root of all evil.

I'm going to say in general the 'root' of weight evil is convenience currently. But you can use that convenience to eat well and exercise though too.
  • No_Finish_Line
    maybe the doritos arent real but the calories certainly are.

what do you think of the phrase 'empty calories'? seems sort of an oxymoron to me.

I mean i suppose some foods are more nutrient dense then others as far as vitamens and minerals but... other then that i can't see how the statement makes sense
  • WendyTerry420
    I had a nightmare last night that my family bought Ranch Doritos Locos tacos instead of the regular Nacho Cheese ones. True story

Oh wow! Good thing it was just a dream!
  • WendyTerry420
    maybe the doritos arent real but the calories certainly are.

what do you think of the phrase 'empty calories'? seems sort of an oxymoron to me.

I mean i suppose some foods are more nutrient dense then others as far as vitamens and minerals but... other then that i can't see how the statement makes sense

Yes, "empty calories" is a contradiction in terms. It's just a dumb phrase to trick kids into throwing away their candy.