Eat McDonald's, lose wight, set terrible example

Options

Replies

• Annie_01
    Annie_01 Posts: 3,096 Member
    Options
    I am NOT bothered at all by this because he is teaching his students how to track calories and all that other good stuff and it taught the kids to pick the healthier choice over the cheaper choice and he taught them to exercise with your diet as well. He could have done it with regular food but the messages still come across the same. Plus fast food isn't always bad. lol

By choosing fast food he took what is part of the life of a teenager. They often meet up at fast food places. I think that what he showed them is that they don't have to give up that part. They can still go...eat with friends...and still make wise choices.

I love pizza...I didn't want to give it up entirely so...I didn't. I just made wiser choices...went with an extra thin crust...left off the meat...loaded it with vegetables...and only allow myself two pieces...added a side salad and for less than 400 calories I am happy a couple of times a month.

Over weight teens and there are a lot of them...need to know that they don't have to miss out on that part of their social life.
  • sweetpea03b
    sweetpea03b Posts: 1,124 Member
    Options
    Personally... I don't eat McDonalds. I'd rather eat real food. But... if you can't cook... don't care to.. and Love crappy fast food... I guess its good to know you can make better choices whilst you're there to keep youself from packing on the lbs. Their choice, their life. As long as they don't tie me to a chair and force feed it to me we're cool.
    How is it not real food?

I try my very best not to eat anything that is uber-processed, frozen, out of a box, etc. For me, fast food falls directly into that category. Just as I don't eat hamburger helper or drink coca-cola... I don't eat McDonalds. I also won't feed my dog Purina either. But like I said, I don't look down on those who do... your life, your body, your choice.

What do you feed your dog? Tacos?

Real food (see where I'm going with this?) Most commercial dog foods have nothing but garbage and fillers. Usually the first ingredient is corn, which is not digestible and simply becomes a product of waste, with no nutritional value. It is also the #1 most common allergen in dogs. Over 50% of the dog population will develop an illness or early onset death due to a lack of nutrition (they were fed grocery store food) Do a little bit of research on nutrition. I worked in the dog food industry for years and use it as a basis for what I feed myself. Dogs are not so unlike people in terms of basic nutritional needs. But I digress... My dogs (and my family) get natural food with natural (nutritional) ingredients.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I had a nightmare last night that my family bought Ranch Doritos Locos tacos instead of the regular Nacho Cheese ones. True story

Back IN for reliable MFPer reviews of all the variations of Doritos Taco Bell "tacos". <===did I do that right?

Ok, so I Googled to see if there were variations other than ranch or nacho and found this:

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2013/12/04/248579317/mastermind-behind-doritos-locos-tacos-dies-at-age-41

Apparently the guy who thought of this heavenly "taco-ish" (could that be right?) delight passed away last month. :cry: (No, it's a damn taco, for sure!)
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    Personally... I don't eat McDonalds. I'd rather eat real food. But... if you can't cook... don't care to.. and Love crappy fast food... I guess its good to know you can make better choices whilst you're there to keep youself from packing on the lbs. Their choice, their life. As long as they don't tie me to a chair and force feed it to me we're cool.
    How is it not real food?

I try my very best not to eat anything that is uber-processed, frozen, out of a box, etc. For me, fast food falls directly into that category. Just as I don't eat hamburger helper or drink coca-cola... I don't eat McDonalds. I also won't feed my dog Purina either. But like I said, I don't look down on those who do... your life, your body, your choice.

Real food (see where I'm going with this?) Most commercial dog foods have nothing but garbage and fillers. Usually the first ingredient is corn, which is not digestible and simply becomes a product of waste, with no nutritional value. It is also the #1 most common allergen in dogs. Over 50% of the dog population will develop an illness or early onset death due to a lack of nutrition (they were fed grocery store food) Do a little bit of research on nutrition. I worked in the dog food industry for years and use it as a basis for what I feed myself. Dogs are not so unlike people in terms of basic nutritional needs. But I digress... My dogs (and my family) get natural food with natural (nutritional) ingredients.

Our vet told us that people food is no good for dogs. Our dog eats Purina small bites. (He's a dachshund.)
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    How is it not real food?

I don't think "out of a box" is a synonym for "not real".
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,618 Member
    Options
    But like I said, I don't look down on those who do... your life, your body, your choice.
    When you say it like that, it sounds like you are looking down on them.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • da_bears10089
    da_bears10089 Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    How is it not real food?

If i put a steak in a box, does it become "not real" steak?
  • sweetpea03b
    sweetpea03b Posts: 1,124 Member
    Options
    How is it not real food?

If by "people food" you mean... cookies... crackers... beer... yes. There are many people that cook for their pets, mostly because they have severe allergies. My dalmation mix has terrible food allergies, so we feed him Grain Free, Potato Free kibble (Found at specialty pet stores, some feed stores, etc) and baked/grilled/boiled chicken. The food your dogs should eat would have a meat listed as the first ingredient. Anything else is causing more harm than good.

Our vet told us that people food is no good for dogs. Our dog eats Purina small bites. (He's a dachshund.)
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    How is it not real food?

What do you expect from someone who also says "uber-processed?" :ohwell:
  • Achrya
    Options
    How is it not real food?

I buy eggs in a box, not real.

Oatmeal? Box.

Sugar? Box!

My McDonald's comes in a paper sack, is real.

I think I get it.
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    How is it not real food?

Oatmeal? Box.

Sugar? Box!

I think I get it.

Purina Small Bites comes in a paper bag as well. No box!

71684-Emma-Stone-two-thumbs-up-gif-ys7A.gif
  • Achrya
    Options
    How is it not real food?

Oatmeal? Box.

Sugar? Box!

I think I get it.

Purina Small Bites comes in a paper bag as well. No box!

71684-Emma-Stone-two-thumbs-up-gif-ys7A.gif

Down with boxes!
  • ksuh999
    ksuh999 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Down with boxes!
    Down on boxes. Giggidy.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    How is it not real food?

I have an issue with you using the term "real food" as we aren't discussing the consumption of imaginary food, but instead you seem to be putting a label on anything that you don't eat as "not real." This is a really subjective view of food and it's made even more difficult to find evidence of your true definition of "real food" as you have your food diary private. Food is food, it can be heavily processed, lighly processed, or still hanging on the vine/tree/animal. In this case the only food that is unprocessed is that which is still incorporated with the tree/vine/animal/etc . . . but even then you may consider it processed if you think about the bioengineering of our food sources. Therefore, I still find the question of what you believe is "real food" pretty valid.
  • ksuh999
    ksuh999 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    The only thing I learned from this thread is that most people don't realize the phrase is "couldn't care less," not "could care less."
    caring-continuum.jpg
    Cool, do you have diagrams showing the spectrum of horse heights and where the difference lies between a low horse and a high horse?
    Check out 4chan, especially /b/!
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    How is it not real food?

You don't look down on others but you call what others eat not real food.

Oh. Okay.

Jon-Hamm-Sure-Thing.gif
  • Achrya
    Options
    tumblr_static_i_am_the_box_ghost.gif

BEWARE
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    box-of-shame-gif.gif?w=480
  • Charlottesometimes23
    Options
    How is it not real food?

I try my very best to research and understand what is in my food and the impact on my health so that I don't make blanket judgements about food simply because it has been processed in some way ie. frozen or boxed. For example, I know that frozen vegetables can be superior to some fresh vegetables with regards to micronutrient content. I don't look down on people who don't do this.........your life, your money, your time
  • abickford82
    Options
    After losing the large amount I did...I went through a "crash and burn" period b/c I refused to eat anything but chicken, egg whites, and spinach the first year of losing weight (lost 90lbs., but it wasn't realistic to maintain eating those foods). So I burned out, and gained back. Not to banter on, but it would have been easier to grab a small sandwich at McD's than to freak out about not having food in my tupperware containers, and it woudln't have killed me to do so. So his "documentary" spoke to me. That you can still be healthy, and not be totally unhealthy. He mentioned macronutrients, and IMO those are more important than calories...