Eat McDonald's, lose wight, set terrible example

Options

Replies

• WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Those lovely doritos locos aren't real :sad: ?????

Doritios Locos.... ¡Yo quiero Taco Bell!
  • thepezzle
    thepezzle Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I had a nightmare last night that my family bought Ranch Doritos Locos tacos instead of the regular Nacho Cheese ones. True story
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    I'm bothered by the person who wrote this article. This teacher hit the nail on the head by saying our choices make us fat not McDonald's. Fast food is not the enemy. This guy starting exercising and make marginally better eating choices and lost weight. It just goes to show that weight loss be can achieved simply by becoming more conscious about what you eat and by getting off your butt once and a while.

A strong first post. No sarcasm! Welcome to MFP!
  • DoNotSpamMe73
    DoNotSpamMe73 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Nope. Not at all. It shows that fast food doesn't make you fat. Your habits make you fat. I think it's actually kind of cool.

I'm so tired of people proclaiming that fast food is the root of all evil.

I'm going to say in general the 'root' of weight evil is convenience currently. But you can use that convenience to eat well and exercise though too.
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,661 Member
    Options
    maybe the doritos arent real but the calories certainly are.

what do you think of the phrase 'empty calories'? seems sort of an oxymoron to me.

I mean i suppose some foods are more nutrient dense then others as far as vitamens and minerals but... other then that i can't see how the statement makes sense
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    I had a nightmare last night that my family bought Ranch Doritos Locos tacos instead of the regular Nacho Cheese ones. True story

Oh wow! Good thing it was just a dream!
  • WendyTerry420
    Options

what do you think of the phrase 'empty calories'? seems sort of an oxymoron to me.

I mean i suppose some foods are more nutrient dense then others as far as vitamens and minerals but... other then that i can't see how the statement makes sense

Yes, "empty calories" is a contradiction in terms. It's just a dumb phrase to trick kids into throwing away their candy.
  • scarrletti_girl
    scarrletti_girl Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    I am NOT bothered at all by this because he is teaching his students how to track calories and all that other good stuff and it taught the kids to pick the healthier choice over the cheaper choice and he taught them to exercise with your diet as well. He could have done it with regular food but the messages still come across the same. Plus fast food isn't always bad. lol
  • thepezzle
    thepezzle Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Oh wow! Good thing it was just a dream!

Yeah, but now I want taco bell.. and it's all coooold... and I don't have winter oil in my caaaaar.... wwweeaaaahhh!
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options

Yes, "empty calories" is a contradiction in terms. It's just a dumb phrase to trick kids into throwing away their candy.

you are odd....first time I heard empty calories was here. The trick to getting kids to throw away their candy is the whole "razor in the apple" check. or this:

geico-oldest-trick-in-the-book-commercial-video-of-the-day-blog.jpg
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options

Back IN for reliable MFPer reviews of all the variations of Doritos Taco Bell "tacos". <===did I do that right?
  • sweetpea03b
    sweetpea03b Posts: 1,124 Member
    Options
    Personally... I don't eat McDonalds. I'd rather eat real food. But... if you can't cook... don't care to.. and Love crappy fast food... I guess its good to know you can make better choices whilst you're there to keep youself from packing on the lbs. Their choice, their life. As long as they don't tie me to a chair and force feed it to me we're cool.
    How is it not real food?

I try my very best not to eat anything that is uber-processed, frozen, out of a box, etc. For me, fast food falls directly into that category. Just as I don't eat hamburger helper or drink coca-cola... I don't eat McDonalds. I also won't feed my dog Purina either. But like I said, I don't look down on those who do... your life, your body, your choice.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    The only thing I learned from this thread is that most people don't realize the phrase is "couldn't care less," not "could care less."
    Not anymore.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    The only thing I learned from this thread is that most people don't realize the phrase is "couldn't care less," not "could care less."
    caring-continuum.jpg
    Cool, do you have diagrams showing the spectrum of horse heights and where the difference lies between a low horse and a high horse?
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,661 Member
    Options

lol i like that answer
  • msnucerity
    msnucerity Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I am not bothered at all by this- just as I would not be bothered by the headlines, "Man eats at McDonald's everyday for a year and gains weight."

Logos/brands don't make you fat, your food choices do.
  • SEAFOODMAN
    Options
    Calories in Calories out!!!
  • WendyTerry420
    Options

you are odd....first time I heard empty calories was here. The trick to getting kids to throw away their candy is the whole "razor in the apple" check. or this:

geico-oldest-trick-in-the-book-commercial-video-of-the-day-blog.jpg

Oh, you were lucky then. They used to tell us all the time about "empty calories." At one point in my life I thought that "empty calories" was simply an adult way of saying sugar. :laugh:
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    Personally... I don't eat McDonalds. I'd rather eat real food. But... if you can't cook... don't care to.. and Love crappy fast food... I guess its good to know you can make better choices whilst you're there to keep youself from packing on the lbs. Their choice, their life. As long as they don't tie me to a chair and force feed it to me we're cool.
    How is it not real food?

I try my very best not to eat anything that is uber-processed, frozen, out of a box, etc. For me, fast food falls directly into that category. Just as I don't eat hamburger helper or drink coca-cola... I don't eat McDonalds. I also won't feed my dog Purina either. But like I said, I don't look down on those who do... your life, your body, your choice.

What do you feed your dog? Tacos?
  • dolfn1972
    dolfn1972 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Nope not bothered. While McDonalds carries an unhealthy no no lifestyle connotation it is not about where you eat...but about the choices that you make.

Part of my problem with losing weight is I like to go out with my friends and coworkers. I dont want to have to say no. I just know that I can look up and have a chicken wrap and a parfait and still be ok on calories.

I have lost and put back on the same 60 lbs a time or three. For no reason other than my own choices. Soooo instead of the mcrib have the chicken,,,,instead of the ice cream sundae have the parfait...etc etc