Eat McDonald's, lose wight, set terrible example

Options

Replies

• twixlepennie
    twixlepennie Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    I was literally ecstatic when I read this because its a giant **** you punch on the face to all those clean eating holier than thou ****tards who think they deserve an award for eating nothing but Quinoa & oatmeal. Nothing against clean eating if that's what you're about but shut the **** up about how fantastic you are and how those of us that don't shop exclusively at Grain N Simple are slowly killing ourselves while you are just so much better than the rest of the human race with your organic free range chicken cooked in Ghee.

Losing weight+ getting healthier is as simple as Eat LESS and move MORE, It's completely necessary and still 100 percent possible to lose weight and *GASP* be HEALTHY (Yes HEALTHY) while consuming fast food such as Mcd's.

Not to mention Mcd's gets **** on all the time when places like Wendy's, BK, Popeyes, KFC etc are SO SO SO SO much worse. Out of all the fast food MCd's actually has the most as far as healthy options...except for maybe like Chick FIl A or an actual sandwich shop.

Edit**

We can't swear on there now? It's like that one episode of Family Guy on here

PS- OP this wasn't directed at you, but at loud mouth clean eaters who feel the need to talk about how much better their methods of weight loss are

Nice rant! This thread was missing an angry rant but you came to the rescue :flowerforyou: Extra points for the use of "****tards," a personal favorite! Missed points for not including "hamplanet."

:laugh:
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    So, cats shouldn't eat cat food? Ever? Vets never recommend cat food at all? Because they have plenty of items in them that aren't carnivorous.

This is how debates on MyFitnessPal get stupid.

Talk to a vet.

This isn't controversial material or even in veterinary debate. Cats are carnivores. Commercially available cat foods that are not primarily (at times virtually exclusively) meat or meat and bone meal by-products HAVE to have taurine (as well as a host of other amino acids) specifically added to the feed or the food will be recalled. Without those supplemental amino-acids and additives, grain-based feed will kill the cat. (See any list of pet food recalls. If taurine and other amino acid additives are left out -- even by accident -- the companies are required to recall the food.) The supplements aren't necessary for a cat living off of meat because they naturally occur in meat. They are necessary and required in commercial feed because they are absent in plant-based food (or may be at inadequate levels in a food with more grain than meat in it). Without those additives to the feed, the cats would eventually die of heart failure. It's not a debate. Additives such are taurine are regulated in commercial cat food because of this. They are required because cats are carnivores and a vegetarian or primarily grain-based diet without such additives are lethal to cats.

Again, dragging cats into the high carb/low carb debate for humans is absurd. People are not cats and cats are not people. It's dumb to think they're interchangeable. See also: the fact that chocolate will kill a cat or dog, while humans find it to be delicious.

I feed my cat ALL the meat!!

As does mine...RAW meat and bones. I didn't even bring animals into the thread. I had a joking exchange with another member and somehow people but of course, someone had to correct an obviously non-serious post. Makes me laugh.
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    Nope.
    Although I personally would want some Vegetables, he was making a Valid Point.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,618 Member
    Options
    My microwave crashed yesterday afternoon, so I couldn't heat up food I prepped earlier. So I had a McDonald's Bacon Ranch salad with grilled chicken. Good thing or I would have starved.:wink:

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Greytfish
    Greytfish Posts: 810
    Options
    Never let the microwave drive.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    Never let the microwave drive.

I blew the door off of my microwave once, and that was just with it sitting on the counter. I'd never let it behind the wheel, I think it drinks.
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options
    Personally... I don't eat McDonalds. I'd rather eat real food. But... if you can't cook... don't care to.. and Love crappy fast food... I guess its good to know you can make better choices whilst you're there to keep youself from packing on the lbs. Their choice, their life. As long as they don't tie me to a chair and force feed it to me we're cool.
    How is it not real food?

I try my very best not to eat anything that is uber-processed, frozen, out of a box, etc. For me, fast food falls directly into that category. Just as I don't eat hamburger helper or drink coca-cola... I don't eat McDonalds. I also won't feed my dog Purina either. But like I said, I don't look down on those who do... your life, your body, your choice.

I don't think "out of a box" is a synonym for "not real".

If i put a steak in a box, does it become "not real" steak?

Step one - Cut a hole in the box,
    Step two - Put your steak in that box!
    Step three - Make her open the box...

I like a nice, fat steak in my box.

Makes it even MOAR real for me!!!

Anyone else like a nice steak in the box?
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    Ooh, are we taking about death boxes?!?! I am so excited. :bigsmile:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/813515-i-threw-away-my-microwave-aka-death-box?hl=death+box
  • mojohowitz
    mojohowitz Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    Good for the teacher who lost weight. Maybe he will choose to lose more weight by eating something that is of higher quaility.

Whoa! Whoa! Whoa! Take your reason and agreeableness somewhere else, buddy. We only cater to hyperbole and condescension around here!!
  • DamePiglet
    Options

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/813515-i-threw-away-my-microwave-aka-death-box?hl=death+box

Just think... If someone re-heats McDonald's death food in a death box...

mushroom_cloud_over_japan3.jpg
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options

I like a nice, fat steak in my box.

Makes it even MOAR real for me!!!

Anyone else like a nice steak in the box?

Giggity :bigsmile:
  • extra_medium
    extra_medium Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm a little torn.
    Actually, I do see it as a testament to what we are all doing here. Isn't it? It's about choices and counting calories. So I do think it is smart and interesting.

On the other hand, I also see it as kind of ignorant. You seriously don't want to even consider that stuff "food". It may provide some nutrients, but it's pretty much crap. I have a really hard time believing his blood work improved. But if it did, he must of had a REALLY poor diet before this.

if one chicken breast is sold to a grocery chain for the frozen case, and another one is sold to a mcdonald's to go in a salad or a grilled sandwich, does the one that went to McDonald's automatically become crap?
  • jenifr818
    jenifr818 Posts: 805 Member
    Options

:laugh: :laugh: omfg
  • DamePiglet
    Options
    Well, I'm a little torn.
    Actually, I do see it as a testament to what we are all doing here. Isn't it? It's about choices and counting calories. So I do think it is smart and interesting.

On the other hand, I also see it as kind of ignorant. You seriously don't want to even consider that stuff "food". It may provide some nutrients, but it's pretty much crap. I have a really hard time believing his blood work improved. But if it did, he must of had a REALLY poor diet before this.

if one chicken breast is sold to a grocery chain for the frozen case, and another one is sold to a mcdonald's to go in a salad or a grilled sandwich, does the one that went to McDonald's automatically become crap?

It becomes crap when it goes into the box.

CRAP?
    BOX???

crap-in-the-box-logo-primary.jpg
  • thepezzle
    thepezzle Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Mechanically separated chicken is still chicken. It's scrap that is being used. Ain't no problem with that!
  • kimmymayhall
    kimmymayhall Posts: 419 Member
    Options

I sincerely thank you for this link. I had completely forgotten about this little gem.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options

I sincerely thank you for this link. I had completely forgotten about this little gem.

That was a good day.
  • Commander_Keen
    Commander_Keen Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    If your body was a car.
    and Gas is your food.
    Sure you could get away with using 80 octane for your car.. but why?
  • Quiing
    Quiing Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Happened to me too though. I had bacon & eggs for breakfast and ate Popeyes for lunch like everyday back in 2012 for like 6 months and dropped 40 pounds... Turns out I kept my carbs low and wasn't eating dinner so that's like low-carb intermittent fasting... so that's why it worked I suppose.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    If your body was a car.
    and Gas is your food.
    Sure you could get away with using 80 octane for your car.. but why?

Good thing I'm not a car. That would suck!