Eat McDonald's, lose wight, set terrible example

Options

Replies

• redversustheblue
    redversustheblue Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    *insert irrelevant, inflammatory comment after not reading the last 19 pages*

:flowerforyou:

*Provide angry, straw-man based rebuttal that was done better 4 pages ago*

:drinker:
    *Post comment that aggravates new posters who haven't read anything but the original post*

*Post cat gif

98.gif

I think I love you people

Why is it we love to torture cats so much? :laugh:

Because we all know that if they had the ability, they would do the same and likely worse to us.

My cat did once try to smoother me because I didn't feed her early enough.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    I like McDonald's french fries as much as the next person. They taste really good. That said, is there really an argument about relative quality of some of the ingredients used? There's a dollar menu for a reason. That's great if you're on a tight budget and budgetary concerns are real concerns. McDonald's is a legit option and you can make better or worse nutritional choices at McDonalds. It's entirely up to the customer. That said, extra value meals tend to mean that filler is involved. It's a matter of maximizing cost effectiveness.

A year or two ago, in my state there was actually a law suit (albeit it was with Taco Bell rather than McDonald's) about labeling their ground beef as meat because between all of the fillers involved it didn't meet the minimum regulations to be called 'meat.' It CONTAINED meat, but there was actually more filler than meat involved. Fast food restaurants use fillers. They just... do (and they add extra sodium and sugar to 'improve' the taste of their stretched to the max somewhat less than top shelf ingredients) (though thankfully I seem to vaguely recall that McDonald's voluntarily ceased using 'pink slime' (?) , which the beef industry likes to call 'finely textured beef' but in non-PR real-world means cartilege, connective tissue, sinew and any manner of cast-off things, as long as it comes from cows', which... whatever. But to meet health standards it then has to be ground into a slush, washed with ammonium hydroxide, and sent through a centrifuge. Edible? It makes it through the health inspection process, so yeah. But an equal equivalent to an actual cut of chuck or sirloin? I can't help being a tad skeptical.

There's filler. Filler isn't evil, but it is filler. It maximizes how far they can stretch the more expensive ingredients. That's Business 101. We all make choices and we have a variety of reasons to make them. But there's a reason why one hamburger sells for a dollar and a half and a ground sirloin patty costs somewhat more. Which suits your needs is up to the individual involved as they know their situation better than I do.

BTW, there's one ingredient in a McDonald's hamburger patty. Ground beef. No fillers, no extenders, no preservatives. Only ground beef.

You can get two patties on a McDouble for one dollar.
  • freddi11e
    freddi11e Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    proves a calorie is a calorie is a calorie...
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    [yt]PKffm2uI4dk[/yt]

If you love cats and haven't seen the Sad Cat Diary....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKffm2uI4dk
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options
    [yt]PKffm2uI4dk[/yt]

I've seen it 3 times.
    laughed to tears every time.
  • jonnythan
    Options
    [yt]PKffm2uI4dk[/yt]

I'm dead.
  • Dino_bacon2112
    Dino_bacon2112 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I'm relieved to know that Taco Bell's beef is a whopping 88% actual cow

Meh, 88% real beef tastes pretty damn good smothered in nacho cheese and doritos. I'm not complaining.
  • DeadliftAddict
    DeadliftAddict Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    Good for him. Why would or should I be bothered?
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    [yt]PKffm2uI4dk[/yt]

I'm dead.

Haha, me too.
  • GeminiBridget
    GeminiBridget Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Fast Food places are gross. I stay far, far away from them. Eeeww.. But if you're someone that loves them, then by all means, DO YOU! ;)
  • DeadliftAddict
    DeadliftAddict Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    Fast Food places are gross. I stay far, far away from them. Eeeww.. But if you're someone that loves them, then by all means, DO YOU! ;)

She squats bro!
  • GeminiBridget
    Options

She squats bro!

Damn right I do! ;)
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

Just fast food places or *all* restaurants?
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    [yt]PKffm2uI4dk[/yt]

Love it.
  • GeminiBridget
    Options

I don't go to 'chain' restaurants either. ie: TGIF, Applebee's, etc. When I do go to a restaurant it'll be for Sushi at a place that uses top quality products, usually organic, or one of Bobby Flay's establishments (pricey but delicious), he uses top quality products. but usually I cook at home using organic ingredients.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options

I don't go to 'chain' restaurants either. ie: TGIF, Applebee's, etc. When I do go to a restaurant it'll be for Sushi at a place that uses top quality products, usually organic, or one of Bobby Flay's establishments (pricey but delicious), he uses top quality products. but usually I cook at home using organic ingredients.

are you in the kitchen when they use these "top quality" products??/
  • ndj1979
    Options
    I can't decide if I want in on part 2 after the roll or not...

...because the sequel is (almost) never as good as the original...

...and the original hasn't been *that* great.

Decision, decisions...

F it, I am in ...
  • ndj1979
    Options
    I'm relieved to know that Taco Bell's beef is a whopping 88% actual cow

Meh, 88% real beef tastes pretty damn good smothered in nacho cheese and doritos. I'm not complaining.

LOL anything tastes good smothered in nacho cheese and Doritos...
  • jonnythan
    Options

Wow, congratulations. This makes you an amazing person.