If a carbohydrate isn't fiber or sugar...

Options
1235»

Replies

• emacb123
    emacb123 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    OP Deactivated...
  • ShannonMpls
    ShannonMpls Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I'm not going to trust Wikipedia. I'll just ask the homeless guy under the bridge. Thanks anyway.
    You won't trust Wiki but you'll trust an internet message board.
    Jennifer-Lawrence-ok-thumbs-up.gif

All posts should include Jennifer Lawrence gifs.

Seconded!

Any objections?

The motion carries.

b0b19c1a75c85eae_tumblr_mnjrzfcROd1sstxpso1_500.xxxlarge.gif

I came back to this thread for more JLaw. So glad I don't have to leave disappointed.

Maybe we should start a new thread just for JLaw gifs. I'll post the mint spilling one over and over.

ixsASwO9C4cvr.gif
  • ShannonMpls
    ShannonMpls Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I'm not going to trust Wikipedia. I'll just ask the homeless guy under the bridge. Thanks anyway.

Seconded!

Any objections?

The motion carries.

jennifer-lawrence-gif.gif
    Hooray!
    jennifer-lawrence-gif5.gif

Oooh, me likely.
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    OP Deactivated...

Oh, no worries. She'll be back. Again and again likely.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options

Seconded!

Any objections?

The motion carries.

I came back to this thread for more JLaw. So glad I don't have to leave disappointed.

Maybe we should start a new thread just for JLaw gifs. I'll post the mint spilling one over and over.

ixsASwO9C4cvr.gif

I LOVE HER SHE IS PERFECT
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    Wow. Some people need to take the stick out of you know where. Overreaction alert!

Hello, kettle? This is pot...you're black.
  • Levesque_7
    Options
    OP I'm not sure what your deal is, you ask a question, someone writes you an answer, an you spit in their face about it. You could have easily just not responded if you didn't like it. Seems aggressively rude.

this ^^ there are many great people on this site with A LOT of knowledge about this stuff. You can catch more flies with honey than with vinegar!
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    OP Deactivated...

Oh, no worries. She'll be back. Again and again likely.

RUN AWAY!!!

ETA: I tried to find the appropriate gif from The Holy Grail for "run away," but this one seems more appropriate, considering the now-vanished OP's s*tty attitude :

general-direction-fart.gif
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options

Is there a scientific paper that shows carb consumption increases rudeness? Geez. Someone spent time writing back and offered a perfectly good answer and that's how you reply? :grumble:

Sugar is a carbohydrate. Fiber is a carbohydrate. You see them listed on food labels because of regulations, laws, etc. You don't see other carbohydrates listed, like starch, because again, the food manufacturer is not required to do so by regulations, laws, etc. Thus the discrepancy between sugar plus fiber grams and carbohydrate grams.

Now go ahead and ask that old guy under the bridge if he agrees.

Wikipedia is not a perfectly good answer unless the question is "Would you please give me a mountain of possibly false information?"
    I love the people who think wikipedia is a bunch of falsehoods because they heard someone say so one time. You could always consult Encyclopedia Britannica, but then you'd also receive information that is less accurate.

http://blog.wikimedia.org/2012/08/02/seven-years-after-nature-pilot-study-compares-wikipedia-favorably-to-other-encyclopedias-in-three-languages/

And I'm still laughing at the obvious exaggeration by OP that wikipedia has led her astray too many times.
  • Mustgetbuff
    Mustgetbuff Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Oh lordy, Wikipedia led you astray too? Honey, I've been there too, and it's something a lot more people need to take seriously.

One night at my local watering hole, I ran into a dark, mysterious being that called itself Wiki. I was young and naive, and it kept the drinks and misinformation coming until the sun came up. Wikipedia was contagious--I couldn't get enough of it. Oh God, the links, the knowledge, the pointless facts! I thought Wiki was a blessing in my life, but soon it ruined me. It started teaching me about naughty things, about drugs, and anarchy. Wiki was out of control, and it was taking me down with it! All Wikipedia wanted was to watch the world burn. I used to be such a nice girl, but now...I am so far astray.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Oh lordy, Wikipedia led you astray too? Honey, I've been there too, and it's something a lot more people need to take seriously.

One night at my local watering hole, I ran into a dark, mysterious being that called itself Wiki. I was young and naive, and it kept the drinks and misinformation coming until the sun came up. Wikipedia was contagious--I couldn't get enough of it. Oh God, the links, the knowledge, the pointless facts! I thought Wiki was a blessing in my life, but soon it ruined me. It started teaching me about naughty things, about drugs, and anarchy. Wiki was out of control, and it was taking me down with it! All Wikipedia wanted was to watch the world burn. I used to be such a nice girl, but now...I am so far astray.

:laugh:
  • BenjaminMFP88
    BenjaminMFP88 Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    Well I was going to repond with some, shall we say scientific articles, but after reading through some of your responses, I think i'll just skip on by.