no alcohol challenge!

Options

Replies

• ChristinaCCRN
    ChristinaCCRN Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I'd have to agree. I had surgery therefore didn't drink for 2 weeks.... Then went 2 more weeks bc I still wasn't feeling all that well. What I can say is I feel great and even lost 5 pounds before I even started trying to loose weight!
  • JJHnIOWA
    Options
    LOL to the drunken lawn mower guy btw.

Crashed his mower... :laugh:
  • TMLPatrick
    TMLPatrick Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    This is my second year of "taking January off".... its kind of hard on the weekends, but after the holidays I need to take some time off!
  • jayrudq
    jayrudq Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    No wine for me. Started drinking Bourbon instead. I forgot how much I liked it.

Good luck.
  • AlaskaGirl3
    Options
    I've started this as well! I'm going till my birthday, but that isn't till March 18! I gotta find something to on the weekends lol. Good luck and stick with it!
  • TimmyT66
    Options
    Started this also on New Years Day, day 9 all good so far, sleeping so much better! Apart from Christmas holidays (everyday for 1 1/2 weeks) only really drank on Friday, Saturday and Sunday but way too much, hangovers just got worse and worse over the years. Always been bit of binge drinker going out to get drunk and even in house once start the wine cant stop. So I decided to do dry January, earlier poster said week 3 difficult which I can imagine is very true.

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!
  • RedArizona5
    RedArizona5 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Ah i C:smile:
  • RedArizona5
    RedArizona5 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    :smile:
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    I don't drink! I'm in!!
  • Bubbafit24
    Options
    I'm down no alchy till Feb! I do a month challenge about 2-3 months out of the year to prove to myself I can control my good old friend alchy-hall.
  • abelthephotographer
    Options
    Giving up entirely feels like a 'diet', not a 'lifestyle change' - not sustainable; well at least not for me. But I have gone from drinking most days to drinking maximum twice a week. You have no idea how bloody good the first sip of ale on a Friday after work tastes nowadays ... :)
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    sadly .... no./
    i need and love my booze.
  • Christygogo
    Christygogo Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    sadly .... no./
    i need and love my booze.

Lol. Hey, actually at one point you were on my friends list. I remember sharing our love of wine. I'll send you an add for later use. ;)
  • runner475
    runner475 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    To patientbear:
    Hmmm... I think of it as a reset. I've been slowly drinking more often and it finally became a most nights sort of thing, not heavily but 2-3 drinks per night. I wanted to cut down but I thought a temporary abstinence would re-set me a little bit and at the end I could decide what my long term goals are. Anyhow, it's been getting in the way of my workout motivation. ;)

I so agree. I'm totally with you "it finally became most nights". I'm right now with "Jan no drinking" and today is Day 8. I look at it "Build the will Power" You go girl. I'm with you in this challenge.
  • baileysmom4
    baileysmom4 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    So how is everyone doing? I"m on day 13 and really don't think I'm going to start up again. Feel so much better not drinking wine after work! LOL Not losing weight but exercising and eating good!!!!

Let's keep the challenge going guys!
  • lhawley2081
    lhawley2081 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I started on July 12, 1976. 37 years so far and counting, I am doing and feeling great
  • amerk1
    amerk1 Posts: 1
    Options
    Nope. No way. I enjoy a beer with the ballgame and a bourbon on the couch. I still get up at 4:45 for my workouts. Alcohol isn't evil and I'd rather work it in to my diet and my lifestyle. If you are going to stop drinking entirely (and more power to you if you are), that's one thing. But if not, why create a temporary habit??

I don't think it's a matter of whether or not alcohol is evil, at least not in this discussion. I fully respect people who enjoy a good drink, as much as I respect those who wish to cut it out entirely from their diet, temporarily or not.

Cutting it out temporarily makes a lot of sense, especially if he's weighing the benefits of doing so with a healthier lifestyle. I typically only drink a glass of wine or a beer on the weekends, and an ice cold beer on a Friday night after a longwork week is both relaxing and well deserved.

However, I will admit that a drink or two has the habit of disrupting my sleeping patterns and my digestive track, much like eating a greasy pepperoni pizza. The later in the night I have it, the harder it is for me to get a good night's sleep. Somebody who drinks more often than me may see a notable difference in cutting it out completely.
  • donnas1977
    donnas1977 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Good luck, you can do it. I have been off booze since jan 1st. Am doing dryathalon In aid of cancer research. Feeling much better for no booze.
  • farway
    farway Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    So how is everyone doing? I"m on day 13 and really don't think I'm going to start up again. Feel so much better not drinking wine after work! LOL Not losing weight but exercising and eating good!!!!

Same here, on day 13, and for the first time in my life I went into my local pub today and ordered coffee instead of pint of beer

Feeling much better all round for no booze
  • PriceK01
    PriceK01 Posts: 834 Member
    Options

Doing great, here! Made through a night out at a karaoke bar, too :)