What do you sneak into the cinema?

Options

Replies

• laineybz
    laineybz Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Apple and a lolly for me. Or occasionally a veggie delite from subway.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,692 Member
    Options
    Not a freakin' thing. I consider butter popcorn and soda a "cheat" meal. I'm not totally depriving myself of stuff. I just have cut way back on the bad choices. If I go to the movies, I work out an extra hour and don't worry about the junk I eat in the theatre.
    THIS. I usually have a hot dog or 2, some nachos, and candy along with a drink. 1200 to 1500 calories. I do an hour of cardio training to help offset it and eat a little lighter throughout the day.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • at_night_bookstore
    at_night_bookstore Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    skittles so during the whole movie and soda water to be healthy..
  • bheathfit
    bheathfit Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Whiskey flask in my left boot. (Sometimes another in my right boot if it is a long movie...)

I will definitely need to give my Beautiful Wife the suggestion that MyChocolateDiet had though!:bigsmile:

Just not sure how to sneak that one in... :tongue:

a popcorn box with a hole in it.
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    Nothing cause the last movie I saw at one was Nightmare on elm st...the one with the small 3D part....back in 1991
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    I went to see The Hobbit the other day..I snuck in an apple and a Snickers bar. I bought a drink there. It was actually a delicious snack! The only thing I was worried about was crunching the apple loudly..haha!

I've snuck just about all types of food into the theatre..I think I snuck a Subway sandwich in once.
    When I was a teenager, the movie theatre in the mall (the town's only one) was right beside a bulk food store that sold candy, among other things. We would go see Lord of the Rings with our backpacks BULGING full of candy. Good times for nerds.

EDIT: One of these days I am going to sneak booze into the theatre. I have to get a flask..
    Yep. Totally done Subway. I would buy their popcorn and have it too, do a workout, or make it fit somehow, but the ridiculous concession prices annoy me more than the calories even, so I'll usually take in my own snacks. Usually dill pickle flavored potato chips, peanut M&Ms and a bag of licorice bullets.
  • pegasus925
    pegasus925 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    A diet coke
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    a popcorn box with a hole in it.
    Sigh. Now I am nostalgic for 80's movies. I loved 'Diner'. Mickey Rourke was SO hot back then.
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    I dont go to the cinema. I am scared of the dark.
  • MissGamerGirl
    MissGamerGirl Posts: 187 Member
    Options

then maybe places should have more offerings that are food allergy friendly?
    i'm one of those people who dont really have a problem with the price but with my gluten allergy there really isnt much i can eat at a theater. And i also used to work at a theater, so dont say popcorn. i know for a fact the "butter" has wheat in it

Are you gluten intolerant or do you have Celiac disease? I have Celiac. However, I am asymptomatic if I eat things with a small amount of wheat in it or traces of wheat. However, I can't eat a roll of bread, for example.

But theatre popcorn? I can totally do that. And I get extra butter. In fact, I ask them to layer the butter. Put a little popcorn, squirt some butter, put a little more popcorn, then another layer of butter. Yeah, it's really bad. LOL. But I feel no guilt! I enjoy a small popcorn, extra butter, small coke. I also like Milk Duds from time to time.

But *usually* I don't eat anything from the theatre. If hubby and I go out to see a movie, we usually eat dinner first. Nom.
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    Nothing since we usually eat at home or at a restaurant before we go to the film.
  • Mcgrawhaha
    Mcgrawhaha Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    i sneak in fiber one brownies, special k pastry crisps, and quaker rice cake minis, i like ranch and caramel flavors...
  • angelzprophecy
    Options
    turkey sub. sometimes i sneak in a chicken parm sub instead.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    Soda or wine. If I'm in a wine mood. But I like movie theater popcorn so I buy that. I might have to try the popcorn you guys are recommending though.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    this makes me sad. I help out at a small theater and people that sneak things in seriously hurt a theater. you have no idea how much money they don't actually make. you think they get to keep that ticket money? NOT.... the Film houses and Distributors like Paramount, Fox, WB,SONY, Disney they all take a % of the ticket sales right off the top sometimes even charging rent on the film that literally leaves the theater in the red unless they can make it up on concessions. Sometimes its REALLY Hard to make a profit on movies like that.

As for our popcorn... There is nothing better. Its from a local grower and popped fresh Every Showing.

I know this, but i still resent paying 4 bucks for bottled water and 7 bucks for a small popcorn. They need to think up other ways to make revenue.
  • fairygirlpie9
    fairygirlpie9 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Previously some kind of KFC -_- + sweets + popcorn + whatever else I can manage to stuff in my mouth.
    Now its Tyrrells Salt and Sweet Popcorn.
    x
  • KitTheRoadie
    KitTheRoadie Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Booze

Another vote for alcohol! :drinker:
  • FirecrackerJess
    FirecrackerJess Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I love going to the movies, I don't go as often now since I got laid off work, but when I did... I'd get the cheese sticks, or the sugar cinnamon pretzel, sometimes popcorn (made fresh at out theater Harkins), blue powerade (but they don't have it anymore and now I'm out of luck, though they say they got a low cal lemonade but I've not seen calorie information).

However since I started eating differently and watching calories I sometimes take in cereal, like corn pops, or honeycomb. I portion it in a zip lock bag and take that in with some water.

I used to take in personal size Peter Piper Pizza's, KFC, tried Chinese takeout out but too troublesome.
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    I went to see The Hobbit the other day..I snuck in an apple and a Snickers bar. I bought a drink there. It was actually a delicious snack! The only thing I was worried about was crunching the apple loudly..haha!

I've snuck just about all types of food into the theatre..I think I snuck a Subway sandwich in once.
    When I was a teenager, the movie theatre in the mall (the town's only one) was right beside a bulk food store that sold candy, among other things. We would go see Lord of the Rings with our backpacks BULGING full of candy. Good times for nerds.

EDIT: One of these days I am going to sneak booze into the theatre. I have to get a flask..
    This is hilarious, because I also took an apple to The Hobbit and made sure I took bites during the loud parts haha!