BREAD IS BAD!!

Options

Replies

• sweetnlow30
    sweetnlow30 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I love my homemade 100% whole wheat bread toasted with butter :love: I make it nice and dark with molasses as a sweetener. I need to make more soon!
  • 1ZenGirl
    1ZenGirl Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    croissant... a properly made, freshly baked croissant.

edit: is a croissant classified as bread?

In my book it is WONDERFUL bread, especially with some chocolate inside.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    croissant... a properly made, freshly baked croissant.

edit: is a croissant classified as bread?

I asked earlier and wasn't answered, so I'm going to say yes. Yes to all the croissants (in moderation), especially the ones I make from scratch.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Bread is bad. Bread, pasta and other processed sources of carbohydrates account for much of the obesity problem in the US. I should know. I'm addicted to them. Been hard to cut them out this past year. As a general rule, I don't eat bread, rice or pasta. I do eat some processed carbs a few times a week, but when I do it's generally only a serving at a time. Bread simply isn't worth it for me. I cut myself off cold turkey from it and really don't miss it.

http://www.details.com/style-advice/the-body/201103/carbs-caffeine-food-cocaine-addiction?currentPage=1

Agreed. Unfortunately other people are going to try and tell you otherwise.

Look, if your only sources are debunked alarmist "documentaries" it's really time to do some more research and reconsider your position. Consider the possibility that you've been sold a bill of goods by biased sources and do a little critical reasoning and reading.

And what about the governments, huh? What about the medical world? Are they all innocent too? There is a reason people are fat, sick and depressed. God forbid if other people have a different opinion. Geez.

Wait.

Are you suggesting it's the governments fault that people are fat?
    Not our own?

Can you not see the conspiracy? The government doesn't give a **** about us at the end of the day. Especially the medical part of it, a pill for everything and yet there is people who suffer long time illnesses that are on medications and then there is all the side affects along with it!

What does this have to do with bread?
  • benefiting
    benefiting Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    Bread is bad. Bread, pasta and other processed sources of carbohydrates account for much of the obesity problem in the US. I should know. I'm addicted to them. Been hard to cut them out this past year. As a general rule, I don't eat bread, rice or pasta. I do eat some processed carbs a few times a week, but when I do it's generally only a serving at a time. Bread simply isn't worth it for me. I cut myself off cold turkey from it and really don't miss it.

http://www.details.com/style-advice/the-body/201103/carbs-caffeine-food-cocaine-addiction?currentPage=1

Look, if your only sources are debunked alarmist "documentaries" it's really time to do some more research and reconsider your position. Consider the possibility that you've been sold a bill of goods by biased sources and do a little critical reasoning and reading.

And what about the governments, huh? What about the medical world? Are they all innocent too? There is a reason people are fat, sick and depressed. God forbid if other people have a different opinion. Geez.

Not sure what government and medical people have to do with whether wheat and bread are bad.

It's all apart of why the world is how it is and wheat is bad, not just bread.
  • jonnythan
    Options

Not sure what government and medical people have to do with whether wheat and bread are bad.

You're not making any sense at all. Seriously.
  • benefiting
    Options

Wheat, medication and the government are just some of the reasons why some of us are sick, fat, depressed people. I'm not saying it's solely on them, at the end of the day we have a choice but addictions are hard to beat and I don't care who says it's not like beating alcoholism or drugs, it's a serious addiction and I believe wheat is at top of the tree for food addiction.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options

Wait.

Not our own?

Can you not see the conspiracy? The government doesn't give a **** about us at the end of the day. Especially the medical part of it, a pill for everything and yet there is people who suffer long time illnesses that are on medications and then there is all the side affects along with it!

Wait!

*gets chair*

*sits down, slice of pizza and Pepsi max at the ready*

Okay go.
  • jonnythan
    Options

Wheat, medication and the government are just some of the reasons why some of us are sick, fat, depressed people. I'm not saying it's solely on them, at the end of the day we have a choice but addictions are hard to beat and I don't care who says it's not like beating alcoholism or drugs, it's a serious addiction and I believe wheat is at top of the tree for food addiction.

At this point I'm content to simply let you keep talking, because you're doing my work for me.
  • benefiting
    Options

At this point I'm content to simply let you keep talking, because you're doing my work for me.

Sorry to disappoint you then but I'm not wasting anymore time on people with closed minds. :)
  • dirty_dirty_eater
    dirty_dirty_eater Posts: 574 Member
    Options

Wait.

Not our own?

Too deep for me. I'll just leave this here.

32813929_3085.jpg
  • 58english
    Options
    From my reading, I have found that grains contain proteins such as gluten and lectins, which are very hard for the intestines to digest. Personally, I feel much better when I do not eat breads. Currently, I am not eating any grains. rice, pasta, or white potato, and my stomach and intestines are feeling much better; I normally have digestion issues. I am getting my carbohydrates from starchy vegetables, such as sweet potatoes.
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    Fresh garlic bread. Homemade white bread. Banana bread. Rolls. Raisin bread.

Yeah I pretty much just :heart: bread.
  • HawkeyeTy
    HawkeyeTy Posts: 681 Member
    Options

Wait.

Not our own?

Why should the government give a *kitten* about us?

We are responsible for OURSELVES.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options

Wait.

Not our own?

news flash the government does not give a crap about us …and this somehow shocks you?

Aren't you the one in the other thread who tired to spread opinion as fact and then got called on it?
  • benefiting
    Options

Wait.

Not our own?

Right, so we are in control of overpriced produce, are we? Well, at least in my town or my country.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    back on topic I love all the bread.s..

but I really love a crusty Italian Baguette with some homemade marinara and linguine….or linguine with white clam sauce and nice crusty bread…..
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    back on topic I love all the bread.s..

but I really love a crusty Italian Baguette with some homemade marinara and linguine….or linguine with white clam sauce and nice crusty bread…..

. . . well I know what I'm having for dinner tomorrow.
  • HawkeyeTy
    HawkeyeTy Posts: 681 Member
    Options

Wait.

Not our own?

Right, so we are in control of overpriced produce, are we? Well, at least in my town or my country.

I grow a lot of my own produce...You should try it.
  • Erica262
    Erica262 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Bread good. Fire bad.

I read that as if the dog in your pic was saying it. :laugh: He looks like a smart dog who would give out that kind of knowledge.

Me too!