I'm hungry all the time

Options

Replies

• Sunka1
    Sunka1 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Your right. More than likely but not always. I tend to do better without the processed carbs. For me they are bad.
  • alexandriax03
    alexandriax03 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    that's a lot of food. 2 eggs AND shredded wheat? I would split those meals up into a meal plus snacks- and eat more protein

lunch is a sandwich a salad and a piece of fruit? that's a meal and a snack to me

and skip that last bowl of shredded wheat

youre probably hungry because youre used to eating a lot and often

I'm sorry but are you insane? That is NOT a lot of food at all. If you think that's a lot of food, I don't even know what you'd have to say about my food diary.
  • alexandriax03
    alexandriax03 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    OP: A typical day for me is the following:

Breakfast: 1 cup Kashi Go Lean cereal (170 calories) with 1 cup almond milk unsweetened (30 calories), Greek yogurt (120 calories), and two apple chicken sausage links (120 calories)

Lunch: 4-5 oz. grilled chicken (150 calories), 1 cup brown rice (150 calories), 1 or 2 cups of broccoli (30 or 60 calories)

Snack: Special K milk chocolate protein shake (190 calories)

Pre workout: Small red apple (50 calories), 1/2 Quest bar (95 calories)

Post workout: 1/2 Quest bar (95 calories)

Dinner: 4-5 oz. meat or salmon (150-200 calories), 1 cup brown rice (150 calories) or a medium sweet potato (160 calories), 1 or 2 cups of a veggie (30-60 calories)

Snack: 24 whole wheat crackers (Kellogg Special K brand, 120 calories), RF sharp cheddar cheese stick (60 calories)

I eat roughly 150/160 g protein per day and 60 g fiber per day. Fat intake is between 40-60 g. Increase your protein, fiber, and fat intake.

I usually eat about 2000 calories daily, but I burn 500-600 calories through exercise daily.
  • Roaringgael
    Roaringgael Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Hi in the past 2 months I changed my eating habits and started exercising regularly and I'm hungry often. I tried the 5-6 meal a day and it isn't helping. I'm 5'10" and weigh 163 lbs and want to maintain weight maybe lose some belly fat.

I don't know what info to post or where to start.

Morning; 2 eggs, bowl of shredded wheat

Snack; peanut butter(not much) and jelly on whole wheat

Lunch; lean meat on whole wheat, salad, piece of fruit

Snack; piece of fruit

Dinner; lean meat, lots of veggies

Snack; bowl of shredded wheat

Above is a sample of what I eat.

I'm shorter, a woman, can't exercise because of my knee and I'm losing weight AND EATING MUCH MORE THAN THIS. I think you're a bit silly:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    i don't think OP ever came back ….
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    after years of 6-7 meals a day, and constantly being hungry, I tried less meals, but bigger meals. tada - less hunger! eating more often may not be the solution to stopping the hunger.

I like eating more volume, so on top of my protein and fat at each meal (to keep me feeling full longer), I choose less calorie dense options so I get to eat more. I choose vegie carbs over bread or rice or pasta most of the time. I love vegies though, so this isn't an issue for me :)
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    that's a lot of food. 2 eggs AND shredded wheat? I would split those meals up into a meal plus snacks- and eat more protein

lunch is a sandwich a salad and a piece of fruit? that's a meal and a snack to me

and skip that last bowl of shredded wheat

youre probably hungry because youre used to eating a lot and often

:noway:

What the freaking heck?

This menu barely sounds like 1,200 and you think she should eat less?
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    how many calories per day is that?

that sounds like barely 1200…..

^this

The leading cause of hunger is not enough food.
  • Hendanie
    Options
    My thoughts exactly. I eat double the amount of food at 1,200...
  • whosfat1
    whosfat1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    One thing that jumps out at me is all the wheat that you are eating. I had trouble feeling hungry all the time and thought it was due to diabetes. Not so. I read this book called "Wheat Belly", by William Davis (cardiologist) - really gives you many reasons to stop the wheat. You will notice your weight will come off and you will not be hungry all the time. Before I stopped the wheat - I would feel hungry and just never really felt full.
  • husseycd
    husseycd Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    All I can suggest is cut back on the wheat products, I am not suggesting gluten free, but there was certainly a lot of wheat based products in your diet.

I have tried most food maintenance methods and the only thing that works for me is limiting sugar (basically snacks), wheat (Bread/pastas etc) and beer. Instead I have a couple eggs in morning, skip the oatmeal/bread and add some turkey bacon for more proteins, lunch I stick to fish or chicken to implement some good fats and again more proteins, dinner is all over the map but again, say no to the bread/buns/rolls/pastas/wheat products and throw some good carbs and if your working out at all, more protein is not going to hurt.

no offense, but restricting foods because one thinks they are bad will more then likely lead to binging out said foods, which leads to overeating, and then failure….

I completely disagree. I was never overweight, (I started about 10 lbs heavier than I am now), but cutting wheat/bread was the best thing I ever did. Granted, it's only been 8 months or so, but I've only binged one drunken night and it was on Goldfish crackers. Three whole handfuls! I was so ashamed. :tongue:

Anyway, bread-y, wheat-y items tend to make me crave sugar and just want to eat, eat, eat! I actually cut the wheat/grains because I was tired of being hungry all the time. It worked. And I don't crave them at all any more. OP, you might try it and see if it works for you. I personally don't find 300 calories worth of wheat products nearly as filling/satisfying as 300 calories worth of meat and veggies.

I do agree with what most everyone has said. That seems like a very small amount of food to me.
  • caitlyn30
    caitlyn30 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Carrie- Well I looked at your food, and you eat more then him, and you get your scotch daily and he doesn't!:laugh:
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Having a locked diary makes it difficult to help, but if you are hungry all the time, it's probably a sign you need to eat more. Don't ignore your body's cues.
  • nekserph
    Options
    I'm new to this site and this is my 1st post. I was addicted to food as it was my salvation and I ate at every chance I got. I was always hungry. What worked for me was changing my thought process about food. I lost 115 pounds in 2 years and am down to my last 25. I found that if you think about being hungry and concentrate on the hunger... it will consume you. I watch my nutritional intake daily and to be honest on my cheat day I blow it out of the water... literally kill it. However knowing what I can intake and how much fuel my workout is going to require allows me to eat just about what I want... within portion and within my nutritional intake. That has been my ticket. I workout 5 days a week, I maintain my diet 6 days a week, and the one glorious days I get my cheat meal I usually don't want to over due it because of the previous weeks dedication to becoming fit. For example today I decided was my cheat day, well because I was craving Ice cream... I had Deluxe Mint Chocolate chip Ice cream = 640 calories. It was delicious and it put me over my intake by 248 calories. No problem..... I am 339 calories under on Monday and 215 calories under on Tuesday, end of the week I am still on track to making my goal.
  • KeRAWRi
    KeRAWRi Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    You say a lot of veggies, but how much exactly? What does your fiber intake look like as well? Eating a lot of fiber can help keep someone full as well.
  • JessHealthKick
    JessHealthKick Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    That wouldn't fill me up and I'm a pretty small woman.

How many calories is it?

me too! I'm 5'7 eating 1750 a day at the moment and reasonably hungry. What you're eating doesn't appear to be maintenance - I'd be having 2 eggs, 1c mushrooms, a tomato, 1c spinach and 100g ham for breakfast, followed by 200g yoghurt w. fruit for snack etc etc. Get eating!
  • JessHealthKick
    JessHealthKick Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    All I can suggest is cut back on the wheat products, I am not suggesting gluten free, but there was certainly a lot of wheat based products in your diet.

I have tried most food maintenance methods and the only thing that works for me is limiting sugar (basically snacks), wheat (Bread/pastas etc) and beer. Instead I have a couple eggs in morning, skip the oatmeal/bread and add some turkey bacon for more proteins, lunch I stick to fish or chicken to implement some good fats and again more proteins, dinner is all over the map but again, say no to the bread/buns/rolls/pastas/wheat products and throw some good carbs and if your working out at all, more protein is not going to hurt.

no offense, but restricting foods because one thinks they are bad will more then likely lead to binging out said foods, which leads to overeating, and then failure….

I completely disagree. I was never overweight, (I started about 10 lbs heavier than I am now), but cutting wheat/bread was the best thing I ever did. Granted, it's only been 8 months or so, but I've only binged one drunken night and it was on Goldfish crackers. Three whole handfuls! I was so ashamed. :tongue:

Anyway, bread-y, wheat-y items tend to make me crave sugar and just want to eat, eat, eat! I actually cut the wheat/grains because I was tired of being hungry all the time. It worked. And I don't crave them at all any more. OP, you might try it and see if it works for you. I personally don't find 300 calories worth of wheat products nearly as filling/satisfying as 300 calories worth of meat and veggies.

I do agree with what most everyone has said. That seems like a very small amount of food to me.

I agree with the wheat thing. My energy levels etc plummet when I'm on wheat. Been good for just 5 days and really strict and I can really feel the difference! It pays off :) helps with hunger too
  • everythings_rosie
    everythings_rosie Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    eat more, drink more, eat protein to feel fuller, recognise when you are bored and hungry. I doubt you are eating enough
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options

I agree with the wheat thing. My energy levels etc plummet when I'm on wheat. Been good for just 5 days and really strict and I can really feel the difference! It pays off :) helps with hunger too

LOLOLOLOL @ "on wheat". Like it's smack or something.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options

LOLOLOLOL @ "on wheat". Like it's smack or something.

I was thinking the same thing….LOLZ