you can't lose stomach fat if you don't eat "clean"?

Options

Replies

• J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    Quit tracking sugar entirely.

^^This...
  • Laquincy
    Laquincy Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    It's all body fat %...how can muscles show if they are covered by layers of fat...proper diet(stay away from sugars), and exercising and you should see results.

Why sugars?

When i meant sugars, I meant sucrose and high fructose corn syrup(i.e. cakes, cookies, etc) Even though fructose is in fruit. Fructose Is only harmful in large amounts and it is almost impossible to overeat fructose by eating fruit.
  • Laquincy
    Options
    It's all body fat %...how can muscles show if they are covered by layers of fat...proper diet(stay away from sugars), and exercising and you should see results.

I'm almost always over on my sugar intake, but only because I eat quite a bit of fruit.

Don't listen to him. There's nothing wrong with sugar. Quit tracking sugar entirely.

When i meant sugars, I meant sucrose and high fructose corn syrup(i.e. cakes, cookies, etc) Even though fructose is in fruit. Fructose Is only harmful in large amounts and it is almost impossible to overeat fructose by eating fruit.
  • Laquincy
    Options

I'm almost always over on my sugar intake, but only because I eat quite a bit of fruit.

• IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options

Why sugars?

this week I've had a bag of M&M's or half a bag of gummy bears almost everyday. BUT, the rest of my meals were eggs, Greek yogurt, baked chicken, quinoa, roasted veggies and protein shakes. If it fits... :wink:
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options

Don't listen to him. There's nothing wrong with sugar. Quit tracking sugar entirely.

I eat cake, cookies, ice cream, cereal, chocolate, etc. I have visible abs (and am a competitive female bodybuilder).

I also know your profile picture is not a picture of you.
  • stefaniemazz
    stefaniemazz Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Also, I use Extra Lean Ground Beef (90/10) for my chili instead of Ground Turkey, is that bad?

I know Ground Turkey is healthier because it's lower in fat, but I don't like the taste.

What makes you think ground turkey is "healthier"?

It certainly tastes like crap compared to ground beef.

People say its healthier. All these diet books and stuff say to use Ground Turkey instead of Ground Beef.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options

Doesn't matter what you meant. Sugar is irrelevant.
  • jonnythan
    Options
    Also, I use Extra Lean Ground Beef (90/10) for my chili instead of Ground Turkey, is that bad?

I know Ground Turkey is healthier because it's lower in fat, but I don't like the taste.

People say its healthier. All these diet books and stuff say to use Ground Turkey instead of Ground Beef.

Protip: diet books and stuff are all BS.
  • jonnythan
    Options

I eat cake, cookies, ice cream, cereal, chocolate, etc. I have visible abs (and am a competitive female bodybuilder).

Of course it's not him. It's an NFL player who has been using HGH and steroids for 10 years.
  • sweetpea03b
    sweetpea03b Posts: 1,124 Member
    Options
    Deficit. Keep in mind that you need to maintain a good strength training routine to keep from burning muscle along with the fat.
  • stefaniemazz
    Options

Good to know.

Also, I have a cheat/re-feed day on Saturdays where I pretty much just eat junk. And by junk, I mean McDonalds for Lunch, going out for dinner, having some chips. Should I stop doing that? I feel like it helps though.
  • J72FIT
    Options

Of course it's not him. It's an NFL player who has been using HGH and steroids for 10 years.

and probably consumes a boatload of high fructose corn syrup from gatorade alone...
  • jonnythan
    Options

Good to know.

Also, I have a cheat/re-feed day on Saturdays where I pretty much just eat junk. And by junk, I mean McDonalds for Lunch, going out for dinner, having some chips. Should I stop doing that? I feel like it helps though.

Look at my ticker then guess what I'm going to say.

It doesn't matter where you eat. You can eat McDonald's every day and succeed just fine. Just mind your calories. If you know you're going to go over on Saturdays it makes sense to eat a little less through the week. It's entirely possible for one very bad day to erase a week's worth of calorie deficit though, so if this is going to be a weekly thing you really need to plan ahead for it and do it with some level of moderation.
  • J72FIT
    Options

Keep an eye towards variety to insure you get all your nutrients... so in that essence, have both.
  • molonlabe762
    molonlabe762 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Deficit and exercise.
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Checkout Michi Ladder
  • Laquincy
    Options

It clearly states in my profile desciption that its not me...I'm not pretending to be anyone, I have personal pic as well up as well. That's just motivation.
  • jonnythan
    Options
    It clearly states in my profile desciption that its not me...I'm not pretending to be anyone, I have personal pic as well up as well. That's just motivation.

Just FYI, your profile and pictures are private so people who are not your friends see this image and nothing else.
  • stefaniemazz
    Options

Good to know.

Look at my ticker then guess what I'm going to say.

It doesn't matter where you eat. You can eat McDonald's every day and succeed just fine. Just mind your calories. If you know you're going to go over on Saturdays it makes sense to eat a little less through the week. It's entirely possible for one very bad day to erase a week's worth of calorie deficit though, so if this is going to be a weekly thing you really need to plan ahead for it and do it with some level of moderation.

I do, my TDEE -20% is 1600 calories, I eat about 1300 calories during the week and on Saturday I eat about 3500, it all equals out at the end of the week. And I always tend to lose weight after a cheat day.

Normally I don't log my cheat days, but I am going to start.