What book(s) are you currently reading?

Options

Replies

• lucyloutoo
    lucyloutoo Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Bryant and may and the bleeding heart by Christopher Fowler.
  • TRD66
    TRD66 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    All a bit highbrow on this page so far.

I have three new (to me) Terry Pratchett books waiting for (while we wait and wait and wait for the next Game of Thrones instalment), but I've missed one or two so while waiting for Amazon to deliver it some to Terry Brook's Shanara series.

Just finished The Last Templar by Raymound Khoundry (sp), who did some work for the Beeb as well (Spooks, I think)
  • eddiesmith1
    eddiesmith1 Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    The Blue Rose Trilogy - Peter Staub on book one seems decent enough so far, and just ordered 33 1/3 the story of Richard Hell and the Voidoids Blank Generation because Ivan Julian (the Voidoids bassist) recommended it highly - some of the 33 1/3 books have been pretty poor Richard Lloyd hated the television one and said it was all wrong. Always like music stories sinc ei have so many ties to it over the years (and having worked on a doc about an era i know how hard it is to get anything approaching accuracy)
  • dontdreamit
    dontdreamit Posts: 223
    Options
    I have quite a few:
    Dracula (for Uni), The catcher in the rye (2nd time), Harry Potter and the Philosophers stone (probably like the 5th round now), Wuthering Heights, Ashling (Obernewtyn chronicles), Emma, Candide, Son of the Shadows, The adventures of huckleberry finn, Frankenstein The Monk (also for uni), as you like it (not a book really...does it count?), The night circus....and I think that is all.
  • doug_pierce
    doug_pierce Posts: 255
    Options
    Republic, Lost: How Money Corrupts Congress--and a Plan to Stop It by Lawrence Lessig.

http://www.amazon.com/Republic-Lost-Money-Corrupts-Congress/dp/B00G4E1BA4

Edit to add: The author has made a free pdf version available. Message me for link.
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    To Ride Pegasus.... By Anne MacCaffery
  • Kimdbro
    Kimdbro Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    Currently reading "A Feast For Crows" by George R.R Martin, but took a break for a lighter read, I just finished "The Good Luck of Right Now" by Matthew Quick. It was wonderful. I've now returned to reading "A Feast For Crows" (book 4) 'A Song of Ice and Fire' (a.k.a.Game of Thrones)
  • whovian67
    whovian67 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Club Dead & How to Think LIke DaVinci :) Oh, and Pediatric Oncology: Clinical Protocols...
  • tmr57
    tmr57 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    bump ... love book recommendations
  • justcat206
    justcat206 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    "Made to Crave" and "Finding the Hero in Your Husband" - apparently this has become self-improvement month for me :p
  • clareshard59
    clareshard59 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi to all you fellow readers out there in MFP land! Before I tell you my books I would like to wish all of us success in achieving all our goals on this weight loss journey! :-)

I am reading An appetite for Wonder, the making of a scientist by Richard Dawkins. These are his memoirs,, very interesting ,, I find him inspirational.

I am also dipping into The ultimate 5:2 diet by Kate Harrison as I am trying to decide if if am going to give it a go. I would prefer a book that has recipes just for one, rather than me having to divide recipes by 4 or 6. if anybody know of one please do get in touch.

happy reading!
  • lucyloutoo
    lucyloutoo Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Missing you...
    Harlan coben
  • TheProudDadLife
    TheProudDadLife Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    Strong Fathers, Strong Daughter by Meg Meeker
  • lbelle987
    lbelle987 Posts: 97
    Options
    Beach Road by James Patterson
  • sllida
    sllida Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Hardpressed by Meredith wild
  • embrace_the_dark_side
    Options
    The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle by Haruki Murakami
  • Pretty_Little_Nobody
    Pretty_Little_Nobody Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Many music analysis books for my dissertation =[
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    "Feeling Good - The New Mood Therapy"

by David Burns M.D

This title has been floating around the site off and on it's a very helpful Cognitive Therapy Book. The changes made from reading it are amazing and exciting. I've had the book for quite along time, when I picked it up to read it this time, it really opened my eyes in a new way. Perhaps I was ready for it in a different way.

Love the book thread! Thanks to all for adding your favs and current reads!:flowerforyou:
  • jerber160
    jerber160 Posts: 2,606 Member
    Options
    To Ride Pegasus.... By Anne MacCaffery

I love her worlds!
    and gone with the wind is awesome at the beach
  • jerber160
    jerber160 Posts: 2,606 Member
    Options
    ALSO,, ANYBODY DO ITALIAN OR CARIBBEAN FICTION?