lucyloutoo Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Waiting for Wednesday's by nicci French
    And
    New York trilogy by Paul Auster
  • fuzilojak
    fuzilojak Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I'm currently reading Modern Buddhism by Geshe Kelsang Gyatso. I just added Life of Pi to my iPad but haven't started reading it yet.
  • ImaWaterBender
    ImaWaterBender Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Will start reading as soon as I figure our how the book gets plugged in. :-)
  • caddy365
    caddy365 Posts: 46
    Options
    OK, am I the only one that reads all the stuff like Fifty Shades and the Bared to You series. C'mon, admit it ladies! I can't be alone here. Finished This Man series and now in the middle of the Damien Stark trilogy. These books are selling in the millions...so I know you are out there!
  • sillygoosie
    sillygoosie Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    Currently on Wizard and Glass in The Dark Tower series. I can't put it down! I love the break in the quest for Roland to tell Susan's story.
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    Re-reading Roger Zelazny's Amber series, for about the fifth time.
  • Saucy_lil_Minx
    Saucy_lil_Minx Posts: 3,302 Member
    Options
    Just finished J.R. Ward's "The King" in the Black Dagger Brotherhood Series. Also Finished Kim Harrison's "The Undead Pool", and just about done with J.R.Ward's "Covet" in the Fallen Angel Series........... I read a lot!!!!!!!!
  • bekeeling13
    Options
    Reading the 12th book (Tail Spin) in Catherine Coulter's FBI series; The Gifts of Imperfection by Dr. Brene Brown; Shatter Me series by Tahereh Mafi; & Change Your Words Change Your Life by Joyce Meyer. I'm reading several others as well, but it's just too many to list :)
  • ImaWaterBender
    ImaWaterBender Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    1,2,3 Magic. It's a parenting book.
  • kershaann
    kershaann Posts: 1,824 Member
    Options
    The Cold Nowhere by brian freeman. Awesome series
  • lucyloutoo
    Options
    And this is true, Emily Mackie
  • farewell_friend
    farewell_friend Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Finishing The China Study so I can start on Whole :) I just love to read nutrition, science, and non-fiction books.
    Well, I also like fiction. Particularly Japanese literary fiction in the short story form.
  • wife228
    wife228 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I have two books going right now. Goodbye sister disco and kneading to die.
  • lucyloutoo
    Options
    Youth. J.m.coetzee.

He's a great writer,a touch above the thrillers I've been reading of late.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,068 Member
    Options
    Burial Rites by Hannah Kent.

Haunting and melancholy, but a total page-turner (so far)!

this is on my 'to read' list.

Glad to hear it is a page turner.:smile:
  • JennetteMac
    JennetteMac Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Now I think I may download The book thief .

Thanks everyone for these cool book recommendations !

Can thoroughly recommened.

Now reading
    Winter in Madrid by C J Sansom. It's ok, but taking me longer than I expected.
  • Bill_Me_Later
    Options
    Just finishing Foodist by Darya Rose for the third time! Great read about nutrition and creating healthy food habits! Going to start Influx by Daniel Suarez
  • illuvatree
    illuvatree Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I'm reading a few.

Perfect Ruin by Lauren Destefano
    Steadfast by Claudia Gray
    Omens by Kelley Armstrong
    Fractured by Teri Terry
  • Pathend2
    Pathend2 Posts: 142
    Options
    I just finished teaching Macbeth to my students. I don't know if that counts, but I don't care about your rules, maaaaan. Next unit, we're reading poetry.

Also, on a personal level, I just purchased Two Gentlemen of Lebowski. It's a book written by a guy who basically rewrote the entire script of The Big Lebowski as if Shakespeare had written it. I also have Walden, the Divine Comedy and the entire anthology of Edgar Allan Poe's works on standby. Soooo, my summer reading list is pretty stuffed at the moment.
  • eddiesmith1
    eddiesmith1 Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    my ebook crapped out in the middle of 3 books grrr, I need to replace it but want to replace it with a good tablet so it will have to wait
    back to paper and ordering books into the local library branch (not a bad thing It keeps them employed and open and I like having the library a block away)