What book(s) are you currently reading?

Options

Replies

• angf0679
    angf0679 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    The Discover by Dan Walsh (reading this book at night)

One Tuesday Morning by Karen Kingsbury (on my ereader when I travel to/from work/church or anywhere else on the bus)
  • Jenni129
    Jenni129 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    bumping
  • ironrat79
    ironrat79 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Textbooks...I'm almost always in a textbook or psychology book. Latest completed book- Healing the Addicted Brain by Dr. Urschel
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,012 Member
    Options
    Reading god ofsmalk things....hope it gets better I am having a hard time getting into it
  • eddiesmith1
    eddiesmith1 Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    Dominion - CJ Samsom
    An Alternative what if history that got a good review in the guardian so i loaded it on the e-reader (Libraries via E-reader are great)
    I also am part way through re-reading Last Exit To Brooklyn by Hubert Selby which was a pretty shocking book when it came out (1964) but sometimes seems dated now
  • mjbowman821
    mjbowman821 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    In the middle of a few
    Your Single Treasure by Rick Steadman Gives better reasons of waiting before marriage to have sex than the "because I said so" answer. 2 points that he makes is that ones virginity is their value. If you don't see it as valuable how can others see it as valuable. I can't sell a $2000 handcrafted dining room table for $300 and expect the other person to see it as valuable. The other point is to establish emotional intimacy beforehand which will strengthen the physical intimacy and vice versa.

The other book I started yesterday is In the Backyard of Jesus by Steven N. Khoury A Arab pastor living under persecution in Jerusalam.

and handwriting out Leviticus 24
  • anewlife1980
    anewlife1980 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

I'm currently re-reading The Fiery Cross by Diana Gabaldon. This is a series of books in the Outlander Series: Outlander, Dragonfly in Amber, Voyager, Drums of Autumn, The Fiery Cross, A Breath of Snow and Ashes, and Echo in the Bone. Currently waiting for her next book of the series: Written in My Own Heart's Blood - coming out in June.

These books are an exceptional read. I hope you will take advantage and read them as well. There will be a show coming out on the Starz network this summer some time. So I also look forward to that.

Hope all is well.

I am re-reading these as well for the 2nd time, currently on Dragonfly in Amber. Loved them the first time so had to read them again to be fully prepped for the series this summer & book 8 in June! I also just finished "Motherfumbler" by Vicky Murphy. She is a mommy blogger from my home province of Newfoundland & her hilarious take on mommyhood is awesome (as long as you don't get easily offended by foul language, she drops the F bomb a few times per page! lol)
  • jenifr818
    jenifr818 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Re-reading the Left Behind series. I read them all when they first came out, and after college didn't touch a book for almost two years. I decided a few weeks ago that I would attempt to read again for fun, and since the series is an easy read, I picked them back up. Currently on book 6, Assassins.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    back to find new treasures later:wink:
  • kathyk519
    kathyk519 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Am I the only one reading the Divergent Series?

I'm half way through the second book. Will finish it quickly.

I read the first two in the series - and loved them! I can't wait to get the third~
  • SuperWhoLock24601
    SuperWhoLock24601 Posts: 245 Member
    Options

I read the first two in the series - and loved them! I can't wait to get the third~

Read that series three times. In the middle of three books now.
    1) Gone Girl
    2) The Book Thief
    3) Mission Compromised
  • SuperWhoLock24601
    SuperWhoLock24601 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    In the middle of a few
    Your Single Treasure by Rick Steadman Gives better reasons of waiting before marriage to have sex than the "because I said so" answer. 2 points that he makes is that ones virginity is their value. If you don't see it as valuable how can others see it as valuable. I can't sell a $2000 handcrafted dining room table for $300 and expect the other person to see it as valuable. The other point is to establish emotional intimacy beforehand which will strengthen the physical intimacy and vice versa.

The other book I started yesterday is In the Backyard of Jesus by Steven N. Khoury A Arab pastor living under persecution in Jerusalam.

and handwriting out Leviticus 24

Finally met someone else that copies. I am copying I Thessalonians right now.
  • FemmeFatale83
    Options
    Just started 'Matched'
  • AmyZ46
    AmyZ46 Posts: 694 Member
    Options

Read that series three times. In the middle of three books now.
    1) Gone Girl
    2) The Book Thief
    3) Mission Compromised

Read the divergent series a couple of weeks ago ... Loved Gone Girl so shocking .lol .

Now I think I may download The book thief .

Thanks everyone for these cool book recommendations !
  • Tatonka_usn
    Tatonka_usn Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Currently reading "Sole Survivor", and listening to "Service: A Navy SEAL at War".....both by Marcus Luttrell.
  • lucyloutoo
    lucyloutoo Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Tuesday's gone. Nicci french
  • Slaintegrl
    Slaintegrl Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

I'm currently re-reading The Fiery Cross by Diana Gabaldon. This is a series of books in the Outlander Series: Outlander, Dragonfly in Amber, Voyager, Drums of Autumn, The Fiery Cross, A Breath of Snow and Ashes, and Echo in the Bone. Currently waiting for her next book of the series: Written in My Own Heart's Blood - coming out in June.

These books are an exceptional read. I hope you will take advantage and read them as well. There will be a show coming out on the Starz network this summer some time. So I also look forward to that.

Hope all is well.

Love this whole series! Wish I had Starz!!!!!
  • lucyloutoo
    lucyloutoo Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Kathy reichs, bones of the lost
  • Jersey_GirlSpins
    Jersey_GirlSpins Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    New Rules of Lifting for Women...recommended by a friend here and I seriously need to add weight training back into my routine.
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    Oh No...Not More of That Fluffy Stuff! The Power of Engagement by Rich Bluni