coffee lovers please help!

Options
i started MFP this week and haven't had coffee till today. and i tried to have it with less sugar and its awful

what do you guys use ?

Replies

• elsyoommen
    elsyoommen Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I put a tablespoon of instant espresso powder in my chocolate protein shake (which I usually have in the middle of the day, after workouts) - it gives me a good coffee hit, as well as everything else.
  • tegalicious
    Options
    If you are okay with Splenda, you can get the Sugar Free Torani Flavored Syrups. Most of them are 0 calories a serving. I have been making smores coffee the past few days. Two cups dunkin donuts chocolate donut coffee, two tablespoons Sugar Free Torani Smores syrup, a teaspoon of Splenda, and half a cup of unsweetened vanilla almond milk. About 30 calories total.
  • socksul
    socksul Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    That is the one thing I didn't cut out. I have to have my morning coffee with sugar. I did cut back little by little. I also use sugar cubes because they are easy and no measuring. 15 calories per cube.
  • NicoleRaeB
    NicoleRaeB Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    If you like Dutch Bros, you can try a WhyBother (sugar free, fat free, decaf) caramel latte. It's really good and it doesn't have the weird sugar free aftertaste. I found out though, that if you get a mocha instead of the caramel, there is still sugar added in it. They use a sugar free chocolate syrup, but they also use chocolate milk, which has the added sugar.
  • Binky_Muffin
    Binky_Muffin Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I drink black coffee. It was difficult at first, but became easier as time went on. I can't stand anything in my coffee, now...maybe a splash of Bailey's. ;)

Buying a good quality coffee makes a difference. However, if you are on a budget, sprinkle some cinnamon on the grounds (if you're using perked). It really improves the taste.
  • RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    Have you coffee the way you enjoy it. Just log it accurately and account for the calories. Depriving yourself will likely make it harder to stick with your plan. I know that I'd be very unhappy if I gave up my coffee; the people around me would be pretty upset about it, too, come to that.
  • candacet36
    candacet36 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    :drinker: I love coffee. If I splurge and get a Starbucks it is always a skinny vanilla latte. If I am making it myself I love Coffeemate creamy chocolate creamer fat free. It is just sweet enough and chocolatey enough that it satisfies many needs!!!

I also fat free hazelnut MMMM If you will excuse me .... must get coffee!
  • peaceenharmonyy
    Options
    :drinker: I love coffee. If I splurge and get a Starbucks it is always a skinny vanilla latte. If I am making it myself I love Coffeemate creamy chocolate creamer fat free. It is just sweet enough and chocolatey enough that it satisfies many needs!!!

I also fat free hazelnut MMMM If you will excuse me .... must get coffee!

i love starbucks but its just WAAAAAY to many calories for burnt coffee :laugh:
  • DR2501
    DR2501 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    Coffee, black, nothing else. Its the only way surely!
  • momof3b2g
    momof3b2g Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Although most days I tend to use flavored creamer, adding different spices - such as a few dashes of cinnamon - will help change things up a bit w/o adding the extra calories. I also found that brewing a better quality coffee can make the world of difference in how much sugar or other things you need to use to doctor it up. I recently started drinking Gevelia flavored coffee, which in my opinion, is really good all on it's own. It has really helped me cut down on how much extra fluff I use to sweeten things up. Good luck!
  • Kyttiara
    Kyttiara Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Vanilla Hazelnut coffee with a bit of half and half and 1 Splenda :) Does the trick.
  • shellma00
    shellma00 Posts: 1,684 Member
    Options
    I use Sweet N Low and Coffeemate flavored creamers.. I dont restrict my diet. Just eat within my goals.
  • charliex2202
    charliex2202 Posts: 4,281 Member
    Options
    I drink maxwellhouse latte sachets they are already sweetened totally delicious and only 50 calories per cup...
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    I weaned myself off sweeteners....I will happily drink it without now, and more often than not without milk. Quality coffee helps..
  • hnsaunde
    hnsaunde Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    I drink black coffee. It was difficult at first, but became easier as time went on. I can't stand anything in my coffee, now...maybe a splash of Bailey's. ;)

Buying a good quality coffee makes a difference. However, if you are on a budget, sprinkle some cinnamon on the grounds (if you're using perked). It really improves the taste.

I second this! I eventually switched from using a coffeemaker with ground Tim Horton's coffee to using a french press and grinding my own beans in the morning. I actually can't add anything to the Kicking Horse coffee when I do it this way, it doesn't taste as good.

I have tried drinking Tim's coffee black, but I still can't stand the taste, so now, when I drink Tim's coffee, I still add cream and sugar to it and track the calories.
  • peaceenharmonyy
    Options
    Does anyone have a keurig?
  • nellyett
    nellyett Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I learned to like it with just a bit of cream. But as someone else said, add cinnamon to the grounds and even salt helps for some reason.
  • MorgueBabe
    MorgueBabe Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    I love coffee - I drink it black. Because I love coffee, not milk or sugar.
    Try buying a better quality coffee like Carabu or something
  • RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    I'm kind of confused, how could someone love coffee but think it tastes terrible without additives..

That out of the way, why are you cutting back on your sweetener? I'd keep using it if it's the way you like your coffee.
  • CulturedCowgurl
    CulturedCowgurl Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    i started MFP this week and haven't had coffee till today. and i tried to have it with less sugar and its awful

what do you guys use ?

I only allow myself REAL sugar on my first cup. A second cup or any sweet drinks after that MUST be with splenda.