coffee lovers please help!

Options

Replies

• UltimateEscape
    UltimateEscape Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I drink my 12 oz. mug of coffee everyday with a shake of cinnamon and 1 - 2 tablespoons of Stevia artifical sweenener (Stevia doesn't make your blood sugar spike). I used to use a fat free creamer but I just weaned myself off it this week. I figured I could eat 50 calories more real food instead of the creamer.
  • brevislux
    brevislux Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I used stevia for a while. Now I drink with no sugar... It's just a matter of habit.
  • christinemadden0223
    christinemadden0223 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Coffee, black, nothing else. Its the only way surely!

It will grow on you and you will become addicted =) Anything added will start to taste like yuck
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    Coffee, black, nothing else. Its the only way surely!

It will grow on you and you will become addicted =) Anything added will start to taste like yuck
    Agreed.

Black Americano's! OH DAMN. :drinker:
  • aliciagetshealthy
    aliciagetshealthy Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    Have you coffee the way you enjoy it. Just log it accurately and account for the calories. Depriving yourself will likely make it harder to stick with your plan. I know that I'd be very unhappy if I gave up my coffee; the people around me would be pretty upset about it, too, come to that.

Yeah, same for me! I love my vanilla creamer, and my coffee keeps me human.... :drinker: ...I make adjustments in other parts of my diary instead.
  • lifesaride1
    Options
    I have a Kerig and love it. I drink my coffee strong with a tbs honey and 2 tbs 2% milk. I cut out white sugar, artificial sweeteners and non-dairy creamers. I guess those were my *sacrifices* to keep coffee in my mornings and coffee started tasting better to me. Also when I want a flavored coffee, I stick a cinnamon stick in the cup when I brew it, and use it as a stir stick. I've also put a tbs or two of pumpkin puree in for a *pumpkin latte* and it adds few vitamins. :-)
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    I basically gave up coffee for quite a while when I was first learning how to count calories, because I didn't like it without sugar and cream. Eventually I grew to like artificial sweetener, and I'll add cream occasionally as a treat.
  • pawoodhull
    pawoodhull Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    I had weight loss surgery and one of the few things I can no longer tolerate is plain, black, coffee. Before surgery I loved it that way and only added a flavored creamer or got a fancy coffee as the occasional treat. But now, if I don't at least put some cream in it, my tummy is very unhappy. So, since I love my coffee so much (OK I'm addicted, I admit it!) I drink a little less, but I still have it. I build the calories into my day and when I can, use sugar free coffee syrup or flavored creamer. But truthfully, most days it's fully loaded everything. I have got to have my coffee. :drinker:
  • jammallnyte
    jammallnyte Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I have my coffee everyday, 16 oz everyday. I even still use my Hazelnut creamer (only 5 carbs a day). And it is built into my day. Even with those addition 5 carbs I average between 90 and 110 carbs a day. Make your coffee your way, watch the sugar(spelnda is good) and just make sure it is apart of your day and you will be fine. I am a huge believer in denying yourself something.
  • kballard66
    Options
    I got started a few years ago drinking my coffee black. It took some time to get used to but now I love it!
  • britneyspickerman
    Options
    Honestly im losing weight without cutting coffee (with a bit of cream and sugar) out. I have just put less sugar in each time i make it and ive just gotten used to it. I did cut out coffee shops because all the signature espressos they make have TONS of sugar. So I just make my own from home and its low in calories.
  • kbolton322
    kbolton322 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Does anyone have a keurig?

I do... I love it...
    I don't use sugar anymore I started using honey.. its like 60 calories for a tablespoong but I have sut it back to like a half tablespoon... Im trying to get to just black coffee
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    i've made a lot of changes in my life.

coffee is not one of them.

one splenda, a little half and half. it's awesome.
  • iTStaRTsN0W
    Options
    i use equal
  • Milakha84
    Milakha84 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Just ad some milk, you will get to use to it ! Artificial sweeteners taste awful ! Or honey is also good .
  • grnchocjnkymfp89
    Options
    I do 1Tbsp natural bliss vanilla creamer and 1/8tsp sweetleaf stevia.
  • TX_Rhon
    TX_Rhon Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    I have never given up my Starbucks White Chocolate Mocha. I still have one almost every day.

:drinker:
  • jackieatx
    jackieatx Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    agave nectar
  • rbear713
    rbear713 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    i use equal

mee too! And fat free half n half...

Wish I could take it black....
  • BamaBreezeNSaltAire
    BamaBreezeNSaltAire Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Does anyone have a keurig?

Yes. I use Stevia to sweeten. LOVE coffee.