coffee lovers please help!

Options

Replies

• dantell14
    Options
    Can't cut out my Bustelo coffee with organic sugar and organic half and half. The one thing I will not change is this.
  • mrgocubs
    Options
    I like my coffee like I like my... wait, that is not appropriate ;-). I like it w/o any additives, natural and straight from the pot to my mug.
  • HollisGrant
    HollisGrant Posts: 2,022 Member
    Options
    i started MFP this week and haven't had coffee till today. and i tried to have it with less sugar and its awful

what do you guys use ?

Maybe you could try a different brand?

I love coffee without anything added. My favorite right now is Green Mountain dark magic espresso.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    I can't drink coffee without sweetener. I heard agave is better than sugar, and it tastes like sugar too

I'm confused. Agave IS sugar, so how is agave BETTER than itself?
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    Coffee isnt supposed to be sweet--its supposed to be bitter. Even as a young child, I always preferred it black. If you can't appreciate the richness and bitter flavors from having it black--well..I guess thats your loss. Sorry I cant be more help on this. Maybe you could try putting honey in it instead of sugar--but surely a teaspoon or 2 of sugar isnt going to kill your weight loss/fitness efforts.

22nh93.jpg
  • jbee27
    jbee27 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Echoing the comments above, good quality coffee makes a HUGE difference. I've been drinking my coffee black (sometimes a splash of milk and vanilla extract for a treat.) However, my office just changed vendors with the new year, and the new coffee is garbage, and I can't drink more than 1/2 cup of it...yuck.

My game plan now is to brew my own in the morning and bring a small thermos to the office.
  • QuietBloom
    Options
    I can't drink coffee without sweetener. I heard agave is better than sugar, and it tastes like sugar too

I'm confused. Agave IS sugar, so how is agave BETTER than itself?

I asked the girl that at the juice bar at the gym. She said is has a lower glycemic index than 'sugar'. :laugh:
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    Pure cane sugar is 15 calories a spoonful and when it comes to me and my morning coffee there is no substitutes... I have a travel mug size of keurig donut shop blend (by coffee people) with 2 Tbsp. of International Delight Hershey's Chocolate and Caramel coffee creamer and 2 spoonfuls of pure cane sugar. (5 cal. for coffee, 70 cal. for creamer, 30 cal. for pure cane sugar = 105 calories), this is a lifestyle thing and I'll be darned if I don't continue to have the things that I enjoy....... Best of Luck...

To add I am pretty sure it hasn't effected my weight loss.......
  • HornedFrogPride
    HornedFrogPride Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Try stevia or honey or coconut milk in your coffee, those are my favorites.
  • SkinnyMel78
    SkinnyMel78 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I have two cups everday w/ cream and sugar. About 75 calories a cup, but it's part of my day and I work it in!
  • QuietBloom
    Options
    i started MFP this week and haven't had coffee till today. and i tried to have it with less sugar and its awful

what do you guys use ?

I take mine with heavy cream and a touch of sugar. And log it. Forgot! Also a dash of pumpkin pie spice. *die*
  • wrk2hrd
    wrk2hrd Posts: 28
    Options
    I like my coffee like I like my... wait, that is not appropriate ;-). I like it w/o any additives, natural and straight from the pot to my mug.

Can I get a witness!
  • GurleyGirl524
    GurleyGirl524 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Splenda and a bit of non-dairy creamer
  • kamalelwa
    kamalelwa Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    To be honest with u---I still use my sugar and I use a flavored creamer---I just exercise a little longer to burn it off----I admit that I have a few things I do not compromise on!!!hahaahahahah:laugh:
  • AusAshMommy
    AusAshMommy Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    We brew our own coffee at home - mostly Folger's - I have lowered the amount of sugar from 2tbsp to 1.25 - 1.5 depending on my mood - then I top if off w/Sugar Free flavored creamers from Coffee Mate, 68 Calories for the whole thing and 10g of Sugar. I like the Peppermint Mocha Creamer best makes my coffee taste like hot chocolate.
  • emmgetsfit
    emmgetsfit Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Dunkin Donuts - Medium French Vanilla With Skim Milk & Extra Sugar, 10 fl oz - 70 calories

It's not pretty when I don't have my coffee. :explode:
  • Anelda
    Anelda Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I also drink black coffee and have taught myself to enjoy it. Adding just a dash of cinnamon makes it that much better. I used to be a huge flavored creamer person but now that I drink coffee black, when I add creamer or sugar it totally detracts from the coffee.

When I made the transition from sweetened with cream to black, I slowly cut out the cream and I used stevia. Then, after it was black with stevia, I slowly cut out the stevia.

At work and at home we have a keurig. I also drink the k-cup coffee black even though k-cups taste terrible compared to a great roast of coffee beans.

As for the person who says to look at the difference between baker's chocolate and milk chocolate: I love baker's chocolate and yes, I love to eat it just like that. Milk chocolate is gross and overly sweet. /blaspheme
  • Koholint
    Koholint Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I've found that if I use flavored ground coffee, I use less creamer (International Delight.) A year ago, I used 4 Tbsp of creamer in my coffee... Hard to believe now, it adds up. I usually use 3 Tbsp now, but if I use a flavored coffee then I only need 2 Tbsp creamer.
    Right now I'm using Dunkin' Donuts Jelly Donut with either International Delight's Sweet Cream or White Chocolate Macadamia. It's like creamy raspberry vanilla, yum!
    You asked before about a Keurig- I have one, and I use reusable K-cups. Used to spend $12 a week on the premade cups, but I felt bad about the waste and it was also expensive. Now I spend $8-9 on a giant ground coffee bucket and it lasts 2+ months. So worth it!

Also, echoing what someone else said, if it's cheap bad coffee then don't bother with it. Or bring your own... Spend those calories on something that tastes good.
  • joecmoore1
    joecmoore1 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Be a grown up and drink it black. ;)
  • Fitnin6280
    Fitnin6280 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Does anyone have a keurig?

I love my Keurig! The Coconut Mocha is killer! It's got great flavor, so in my opinion it is best drank black.